• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Purdue Oct 28th

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check their message board following the Arizona St game. You won't be disappointed. :kermit:

I don't need to check their message board. That oregonducks fella is enough quality Quack Attack humor. Fear Donald Duck dammit!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But his recruitz ain't all here yet !

Give him a chance to get his nine 4-star WRs here first !

Yeah. I call this offense

"WAC Football, But Without The Points"

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to check their message board. That oregonducks fella is enough quality Quack Attack humor. Fear Donald Duck dammit!

I am so fucking thankful to have gone (1-1) with them. It would be unbearable around here had we gone (0-2).

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley would have to finish 5-0 to keep his job. The hatchet man (who doesn't care what people think about him firing a 'nice guy') has been brought in.

I was listening to Gary Sadlemyer on KFAB yesterday and he said Frost has said 'privately' that he's interested in the Nebraska job. Sadlemyer wasn't specific, but he's been in local radio for 40 years. He knows people and I doubt he'd say that without a highly trusted source.

Rest easy. This latest nightmare is about over.

I wouldn't want the NU job if I were Frost. At least not yet.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to think a guy like Frost would take the challenge. I assume he wants to corch P5 somewhere.
G5 can only take one so far. A guaranteed slot in the New Years 6 is the ceiling.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think a guy like Frost would take the challenge. I assume he wants to corch P5 somewhere.
G5 can only take one so far. A guaranteed slot in the New Years 6 is the ceiling.

I guess not being afraid to fail is always a good trait to have. However NU is such a shit show right now....if Frost gets the gig and then it doesn't work out, then how will fans remember him here?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess not being afraid to fail is always a good trait to have. However NU is such a shit show right now....if Frost gets the gig and then it doesn't work out, then how will fans remember him here?

Does he wait for Nebraska to get better? They are near rock bottom now.

Nebraska was patient with Pelini following HWSNBN (another rock bottom). bo had 7 years.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he wait for Nebraska to get better? They are near rock bottom now.

Nebraska was patient with Pelini following HWSNBN (another rock bottom). bo had 7 years.

Honestly, I don't give a shit at this point. If it were me I'd think long and hard about taking a job with a shit show going on. You are right, they are near rock bottom now, so hopefully if Frost comes it can only get better.

But then if Frost hits a ceiling? 9 wins. No conference titles. Then what?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think the opportunity to do what Osborne did here would be an enticing challenge for Frost. He thinks the world of Osborne.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't give a shit at this point. If it were me I'd think long and hard about taking a job with a shit show going on. You are right, they are near rock bottom now, so hopefully if Frost comes it can only get better.

But then if Frost hits a ceiling? 9 wins. No conference titles. Then what?

He could do that anywhere. Then what?

I highly doubt he's at UCF come Jan 2018. Mid-major coaches who show promise typically last 2 years max at their Mid-majors before getting the bump.

Chris Petersen at Boise St was an outlier.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on the fence with giving Riley and Co. one more year.

But if they finish 0-5 or even 1-4 then I'd be fine if he gone

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Frost staying at UCF if they were to commit to jumping to P5. If their plan is to stay G5 then he's gone IMO.

Other shit show options.....UCLA, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Florida, Arizona St.?

One, if not more, of those are looking at him this year IMO.

Too early for shit-shows like tejas and oregone.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St tickets were going for as low as $25 on the secondary market. Those are 1970's prices.

There are still $65 tickets available for the last two home games. Are the boosters going to preserve the sellout streak without assurance that changes will be made going into 2018?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we've all been brain washed into thinking that we're so far away talent wise that it's going to take a coach years and years to get us back to where we need to be.

But right now I would take being as good as Wisconsin. Hell I'd take being as competitive as Iowa. Neither of those 2 schools are blowing us out of the water in recruiting, they're just coaching it up better.

I believe any good coach will come in here and have us competing by midway through year 2. Notice I said "competing" and not "winning championships." At least be able to make it a game when you face Wisconsin.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we've all been brain washed into thinking that we're so far away talent wise that it's going to take a coach years and years to get us back to where we need to be.

But right now I would take being as good as Wisconsin. Hell I'd take being as competitive as Iowa. Neither of those 2 schools are blowing us out of the water in recruiting, they're just coaching it up better.

I believe any good coach will come in here and have us competing by midway through year 2. Notice I said "competing" and not "winning championships." At least be able to make it a game when you face Wisconsin.

Wouldn't it be something if we actually won the West every other year and every year had at least one win against a

Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Michigan State

???

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to the people arguing that Riley just needs more time to build......

Again, when building you inch closer and closer each season. You struggle a lot at first, a little bit less as the first season goes on, still quite a bit at the start of the 2nd season, and then it should start to click in some way, shape or form before the end of the 2nd season.

It might still be a 7-5 season, but it should click. It has never clicked while Riley has been here, and in fact it has gotten worse.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be something if we actually won the West every other year and every year had at least one win against a

Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Michigan State

???

It would be incredible. It would be the way it should be, but it would be incredible.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a "Huskers 2011 Big 10 Champs" t-shirt at a bar when it was announced we were joining. :L

tenor.gif

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley would have to finish 5-0 to keep his job. The hatchet man (who doesn't care what people think about him firing a 'nice guy') has been brought in.

I was listening to Gary Sadlemyer on KFAB yesterday and he said Frost has said 'privately' that he's interested in the Nebraska job. Sadlemyer wasn't specific, but he's been in local radio for 40 years. He knows people and I doubt he'd say that without a highly trusted source.

Rest easy. This latest nightmare is about over.
The SEC protocol is to have Riley preserve the current recruiting class and then fire him right after signing day, we may not have much to retain after the season ends however so there’s that