• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska plays UCLA today

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and foremost I must say that I can admit that there might be a bit of blind faith that plays a part in what I am about to say.

Anyone that spouts off about Anderson getting fired is ridiculous in my opinion. Van Horn was a great coach and came in in a perfect storm situation. I do not believe that Van Horn would have kept the level of success he had if he would have stayed here. Anderson has had so many players leave his program into the draft and has recruited so many players that never even went to college. Now is that his fault for over shooting his recruiting, yes, but at least he is going after the big boys. Nebraska has a great facility and all of that but they are still located in Nebraska for baseball. This team this year still has not practiced outside in Nebraska yet. After this 3rd weekend of the season they will have traveled just over 8,500 miles. I don't like listing all of these excuses as much as people don't like to here them but these are legitimate excuses for a baseball program in the north. It is just the way college baseball is set up.

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just the same Jed you know Arkansas will be in the big show.... He was the Qzbone of Nebraska baseball!!!!!!!

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the same Jed you know Arkansas will be in the big show.... He was the Qzbone of Nebraska baseball!!!!!!!

You can not compare a southern school to a northern school in college baseball. Apples and oranges!!!!!!

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can not compare a southern school to a northern school in college baseball. Apples and oranges!!!!!!

When Van horn was here we had the best teams ever, we might have won the world championship if he had stayed!!!! Wait did I say we might of we would of!!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we sure have set some high standards here in Nebraska......it's like some people forget that football in Nebraska is on a whole other level than any other sport. We expect championship play out of every team.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if you dont expect championship quality from all your teams then you are a bad fan

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fanatic and zealot both suggest excessive or overweening devotion to a cause or belief. Fanatic further implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not tell you how much I love it when "average Joe fan" trying to get all high and mighty and DICKtate what a good fan is and is not like he is the one that decides.

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go ahead and cocktate that bandwagon fans are not true fans......anyone who jumps on when the gettin' is good can kiss my ass for all I care.....same goes for anyone who jumps off when shit hits the fan. Now, these people will try to fool you though....they will say, "oh I follow the team, I just get more interested during certain times of the year," and then when the team (such as Nebraska women's basketball) starts playing good all of a sudden they are HUGE fans. All of a sudden we have all these "diehard" women's basketball fans.....supporting a team and pretending to be a fanatic are two different things. I support all Husker sports, and I hope the women's basketball team can go all the way and I will watch them in the tournament, but 5 years down the road from now I am not going to be talking about this fantastic women's basketball run....because I simply don't eat, sleep, breathe Husker women's basketball. I just believe all the teams deserve respect for going out and leaving it all on the court/floor/field.

I will tell you right now I am a "real" fan of Nebraska football, baseball, and men's basketball. I follow these teams whether they suck or not.....this year I recorded every men's Nebraska basketball game and watched them from start to finish, and guess what....WE SUCKED. Whether we suck or not I feel like someone has punched me in the gut every time we lose. But if the women's basketball team loses, I am probably just going to say "hmmmm, well that's a shame."

So I agree that we cannot dictate one fan being a better fan than another fan....but I do believe that people who just randomly start going crazy over a team because they are finally successful are not real fans.....it's just fake.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ what he said.. except i'm not really a fan of any bball.... I will eat, drink and sleep as much husker football as anyone, but people who pretend to do that when other sports are good are just silly..