• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska names new AD

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it’s a hard sell for Frost, and he’s not there to do anything else other than fire the “nice guy” and move off into the sunset. Maybe his “plus incentive bonuses have to do with how much he can save NU on the buyout. Once again, NU is still such a cash cow, that it really has little to do with the money.
Now I read speculation that Moos was on a little bit of a hot seat at Wazzu so this might be a last hurrah?

Hell, I woulda fired Riley and hired Frost for a couple of corn dogs and some top shelf Rum.
Coulda saved the university $999,800

I'm not sure how any one would think Moos' job was anywhere near in jeopardy. The only people I have ever heard say a negative thing about him was alumni who care more about basketball than football and the Washington State legislature.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants to be the 'guy who fired the nice guy'.

He just needs to manage the athletic dept until Remington returns in a few years. Remington already said he'd be back.

But 5 million dollars guaranteed to fire the nice guy? Like I've said it just seems like Nebraska could've promoted someone from within for much cheaper to fire Riley and hire Frost.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how any one would think Moos' job was anywhere near in jeopardy. The only people I have ever heard say a negative thing about him was alumni who care more about basketball than football and the Washington State legislature.

see as @iruletheskool will testify. we made it to the NCAA tourney like 6 times in our 100 year history and we EXPECT that we should be a basketball powerhouse because...we are NEBRASKA!!!

so that statement is disturbing.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Because the first one worked out so well.

I give. I know for damn sure I’d be making fun of Iowa if they did this.

Have at it. :suds:
You might have your chance soon. Barta has cancer and I believe he's taking a leave of absence

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladies and gentlemen......

.......presenting the next Nebraska Cornhuskers head football coach:

BretBielema.jpg

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly don't get it. I've watched Nebraska for a long time and have attended a lot of games in Lincoln. The fans are absolutely great and the facilities are nice as hell. Great tradition. Plenty of donor money. And they still suck. I am not a believer that Nebraska can't recruit to a cold weather state. Ohio State manages to do it and the last time I looked it gets pretty cold in Wisconsin and Michigan too. It seems to me NU needs to fire its President and clean out the Regents. Then they need to back up the truck and dump a ton of money on a really good coach. It might take 2-3 years to right the ship but that would do it. And today isn't soon enough to get started. Come on Nebraska.

The state of Ohio also has damn good high school athletes the Buckeyes can pick and choose from. The best high school football athlete in the state of Nebraska couldn't walk on at Purdue and make the team. Not a fair comparison.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The state of Ohio also has damn good high school athletes the Buckeyes can pick and choose from. The best high school football athlete in the state of Nebraska couldn't walk on at Purdue and make the team. Not a fair comparison.

If all it took was being the flagship school in a football state.....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point, Exes. But if Nebraska got its act together they would undoubtedly recruit better. Ohio State is a tough comparison but they should certainly be able to match Wisconsin and Michigan. I still think Nebraska has some panache. But if they don't do something soon, like REAL soon, they will end up down forever and a day. You guys just hammered the hell out of them and it killed them.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly don't get it. I've watched Nebraska for a long time and have attended a lot of games in Lincoln. The fans are absolutely great and the facilities are nice as hell. Great tradition. Plenty of donor money. And they still suck. I am not a believer that Nebraska can't recruit to a cold weather state. Ohio State manages to do it and the last time I looked it gets pretty cold in Wisconsin and Michigan too. It seems to me NU needs to fire its President and clean out the Regents. Then they need to back up the truck and dump a ton of money on a really good coach. It might take 2-3 years to right the ship but that would do it. And today isn't soon enough to get started. Come on Nebraska.
Good points. I don't think location matters that much in recruiting. If it did Hawaii would be running over everyone...and who wants to live in Tuscaloosa? Players want to go where they can win

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...thats not a very plausible argument

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also consider during the 80's-90's most of the top Ohio players were going to Michigan. The point? At that time Michigan was a better program than Ohio St and the best players went to the better program. Now its the other way around for Ohio St.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the in-state talent in Ohio vs. Nebraska and then you'll get it

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also consider during the 80's-90's most of the top Ohio players were going to Michigan. The point? At that time Michigan was a better program than Ohio St and the best players went to the better program. Now its the other way around for Ohio St.
Bullshit and some of those 90s Cooper teams are the most talented in tOSU history, he just couldnt beat UM

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the in-state talent in Ohio vs. Nebraska and then you'll get it

You'd have a point if both teams ONLY recruited 'in-state', but they don't do they. They recruit nationally.

How's that in-state talent been working for tejas the last 8 seasons?

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are the odds he hires a great new Head Football Coach, and not fuck it up.

All he has to do is hire Frost. They have the sentiment advantage, they have plenty of money, got the history. Should it be that difficult?

Solid hire, he will support the new coach ( prob Frost), guy knows about recruiting to difficult places. He will help Nebraska imo.

If he brings in Frost, I think that's a huge step 1. If he pulls that off he will get a hell of a lot of support.

He already announced that he doesn’t fire coaches in the middle of the season.

That said, if they haven’t already signed either Frost or Saban by December 1st, I’m gonna pull an OD and go on my 2018 Thanksgiving break December 2nd.

Because he's just the hatchet man.

Dave Remington (the interim) will eventually return as permanent AD.

Moos will hire who he is told to hire. Odds are on Frost.

These guys are spot on.
Except for that first guy.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he misses on Frost (say he goes to FSU or Oregon) he will get NU a coach that will make em better.

If Frost is a no go then NU could hire Bret B in about 10 minutes and still be pointed in better direction than they have been going.

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he misses on Frost (say he goes to FSU or Oregon) he will get NU a coach that will make em better.

If Frost is a no go then NU could hire Bret B in about 10 minutes and still be pointed in better direction than they have been going.

Frost has been signed. Presser at 4:00 today.

That being said, I’m perfectly fine if he doesn’t come as that would mean Saban is.
Those are my only two possibilities.