• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Michigan State -- Game 6

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal in a nutshell.

The O-line got outplayed from the onset. They are a third (maybe 4th) tier O-line. They are a relatives of coaches O-line. It's good ole boy stuff.

Due to the rush, Tommy got rattled and couldn't even hit a swing pass. That gif of Jake Cotton says it all.

Nebraska's got all the tools to beat that Michigan St team except up-front offensively.

LOL i just said the same thing in another thread. Even used the word nutshell.

Kindo f ironic since we're both talking about guys who have no nuts.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska could not run with Ameer, what makes you think Imani Cross would have been better?

A power back who could wear them down, short yardages.

Ameer is agile and quick but he is not a power back.
Cross is the truck to drive through the wall.

Two different styles to be used in two different situations.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A power back who could wear them down, short yardages.

Ameer is agile and quick but he is not a power back.
Cross is the truck to drive through the wall.

That "wall" was usually starting 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Cross wouldn't have even had time to get going.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Nebraska could not run with Ameer, what makes you think Imani Cross would have been better?

:noidea:

Maybe the Clemson game of 2009, when M. Lucky couldn't do shit against Clemson and we put Q. Castille in and Q took over the game.

Cross probably wouldn't have made any difference at all in the this game, but we'll never know, he didn't get the opportunity.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Cross? Or did Beck forget about him being on our team?
this.

i think it was that Lee podcast someone posted earlier in the week, they said exactly what we needed to do. We go 4 wide, with Ameer in the slot and Cross in the backfield. Then see what MSU does. if they pull LBs to cover our 4 wide, you jam Cross up the middle. If they don't pull LBs, you try jet sweeps with Ameer or passes with Cross as additional pass protection.

basically, Beck made no adjustments. I was screaming at the TV for some Diamond Formation. I was screaming at him to at least try the jet sweep once. I was screaming at him to get someone behind the LBs and Ss as all of them were flying to the ball on playaction. instead, nothing. the same stuff over and over again that wasn't working.

I'm too lazy to find a picture, but on almost all the option plays, there were 9 guys in the box, the LBs would come hard right away and the Ss weren't far behind. we only had our 5OL, 1 TE, 1 QB and 1RB. so the 3rd WR had to have been open. Lots of indecisiveness from Tommy. Probably had a lot more pull reads then he actually carried out.