• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What day was it clear that Iowa also had offensive line injuries, but still ran all over Nebraska like they were a high school defense? Also what day was it clear that West Coast Riley would call very very very very very very very low percentage long bombs on every third down play? Even if Nebraska would have been prepared to play that game like they should have been, they still may not have won, but at least they would have been competitive, which is all we can ask of a team and the coaches against a team of equal talent.
Please PLEASE try to educate yourself on offensive playcalling before throwing out baseless criticisms of the guys that do this for a living, and actually do it well. Yes, Tommy threw the deep pass on third down WAY too often. That's not where he is supposed to throw on those plays though, unless Iowa completely blows their coverage and the guy is by himself. The point of that route is to back off the safeties and open things up underneath, and it works wonderfully. Unfortunately, TA likes to go for the big play all the time, rather than throwing to the open receivers who are supposed to be his first options. Langsdorf can't throw the ball for him. I mean crap, there was one play where we didn't even have anybody going deep and Armstrong STILL THREW IT DEEP. There isn't a whole lot an offensive coordinator can do when the quarterback continually makes that type of terrible decisions and we don't have anyone better behind him.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please PLEASE try to educate yourself on offensive playcalling before throwing out baseless criticisms of the guys that do this for a living, and actually do it well. Yes, Tommy threw the deep pass on third down WAY too often. That's not where he is supposed to throw on those plays though, unless Iowa completely blows their coverage and the guy is by himself. The point of that route is to back off the safeties and open things up underneath, and it works wonderfully. Unfortunately, TA likes to go for the big play all the time, rather than throwing to the open receivers who are supposed to be his first options. Langsdorf can't throw the ball for him. I mean crap, there was one play where we didn't even have anybody going deep and Armstrong STILL THREW IT DEEP. There isn't a whole lot an offensive coordinator can do when the quarterback continually makes that type of terrible decisions and we don't have anyone better behind him.

FWIW, I thought the deep pass was there all day. Tommy not connecting on them is the issue, not the play call.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I thought the deep pass was there all day. Tommy not connecting on them is the issue, not the play call.
It's a really low percentage throw, so not exactly what you want on every third down when you're trying to stay on the field.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's a really low percentage throw, so not exactly what you want on every third down when you're trying to stay on the field.

Low percentage?! Try zero percentage with TA. With an actual QB it may be an up to 60 percentage play.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Here's some education for you... Before Nebraska's first game in 2015, West Coast Riley was talking about his lusting for the bomb, so maybe just maybe this is why TA also lusts over the long bomb?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You pulled both of those numbers out of your ass. Par for the course.

TA had a zero percent completion rate for his long bombs you moron, so I didn't pull that out of my ass. Also, try watching some teams that have REAL QBs to see how often they complete long passing plays. I bet it's as a 60% completion percentage on some days for just the long passes only.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I'm not joking about learning more about playcalling. It's super interesting and there are lots of great sites that are good for understanding the concepts behind the plays. It makes the game so much more interesting.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seriously, I'm not joking about learning more about playcalling. It's super interesting and there are lots of great sites that are good for understanding the concepts behind the plays. It makes the game so much more interesting.

I do know that if a QB is continually throwing deep and not going through his progressions especially on manageable third down plays, then that QB needs to be sat down for a series and told to calm down and watch a real QB {Fyfe} even with a broken wrist do it the right way. Don't expect things to be much better even when West Coast gets the QB he needs for his system.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You realize that, despite the fact that he came from the west coast, Riley doesn't run a west coast offense?

He's a pass happy Callahan type of coach, so it may as well be the west coast offense.

I'm tired of dealing with you. You're now on ignore.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xorbie Yer kinda being a negative Nancy right meow

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA had a zero percent completion rate for his long bombs you moron, so I didn't pull that out of my ass. Also, try watching some teams that have REAL QBs to see how often they complete long passing plays. I bet it's as a 60% completion percentage on some days for just the long passes only.
So you are saying TA never completed a long pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.