• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, I just had a great idea for us to generate a pass rush. Let's sub in the fastest player on our team for defensive end and line him up waaaaaay wide and have him rush the QB. It will be a sack every time.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe they had 5 days of prep and installing a new offense is more complicated than on your PlayStation :L
Yea, teach a college guy how to run 2 or 3 plays already in the playbook, real tough to do - SMH. :crazy:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, teach a college guy how to run 2 or 3 plays already in the playbook, real tough to do - SMH. :crazy:
Oh, we have those plays in the playbook? I've never seen them. Not to mention you're asking someone who hasn't taken a snap since high school if ever to not only get the snap, but execute these 2-3 plays with the defense respecting the pass even less than when TA is back there, all on maybe one full speed practice in the short week? And we are going to only run 2-3 different plays against a decent to good Iowa defense? Am I taking crazy pills or how the fuck does this make any sense?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have read option in the playbook, which is what most teams do in a wildcat formation so there is some amount of doubt in defenders minds that the wildcat guy isn't the only threat. although they do just run a sweep or lead play as well out of that formation.

i did think we should have given someone else a chance, with TA limited in practice, i thought it would have played better to rotate QBs and see who was playing better. who knows if Fyfe could have gotten in a rhythm had he been given more snaps. the biggest problem was TAs inability to hit open receivers and not going through progressions which stopped drives and he wasn't a threat to run, so it just made it very easy on Iowa's LBs.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have read option in the playbook, which is what most teams do in a wildcat formation so there is some amount of doubt in defenders minds that the wildcat guy isn't the only threat. although they do just run a sweep or lead play as well out of that formation.

i did think we should have given someone else a chance, with TA limited in practice, i thought it would have played better to rotate QBs and see who was playing better. who knows if Fyfe could have gotten in a rhythm had he been given more snaps. the biggest problem was TAs inability to hit open receivers and not going through progressions which stopped drives and he wasn't a threat to run, so it just made it very easy on Iowa's LBs.
Ah just teach someone to run zone read in 3 days...makes sense.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, I just had a great idea for us to generate a pass rush. Let's sub in the fastest player on our team for defensive end and line him up waaaaaay wide and have him rush the QB. It will be a sack every time.

LOL.

That's another thing though. We need a fucking pass rush and NOW.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darlington ran read option in HS (at least if memory serves correctly, plus he did practice QB under Beck for 1 season), he practiced QB the last several weeks with TA being hurt, i'm sure he could have ran it several times from several different formations without much trouble.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the staff was comfortable with Darlington at QB they would have played him. They don't want him getting hit.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing I wondered was why didn't MR & DL install the wildcat with a RB or WR at QB to run against Iowa. I figured they would give it a try considering the health issues the QBs had. I mean it's like they didn't even want to try something new. IDK guys, must be a coaching flexibility issue or something.

Riley obviously doesn't have the imagination of the better coaches in America. Like I said before, that was one of the worst jobs of preparing a team for a game that I have EVER seen. Expect more of the same in the future.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or maybe they had 5 days of prep and installing a new offense is more complicated than on your PlayStation :L

First off dingaling, I don't have a Playstation, and if I did I bet I could have designed a better offensive gameplan than West Coast Riley did... {Bombs away!} Secondly, what the hell do you mean by 5 days of prep? The great coaches were able to have GREAT success by their second seasons.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off dingaling, I don't have a Playstation, and if I did I bet I could have designed a better offensive gameplan than West Coast Riley did... {Bombs away!} Secondly, what the hell do you mean by 5 days of prep? The great coaches were able to have GREAT success by their second seasons.
What day was it clear that TA wouldn't be 100% and Ryker was hurt, and then what day was the Iowa game?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issues were line play and 50 yard bombs on 3rd down plays

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guise......there is no playbook.

It's all a ploy. We just wing every play.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What day was it clear that TA wouldn't be 100% and Ryker was hurt, and then what day was the Iowa game?

What day was it clear that Iowa also had offensive line injuries, but still ran all over Nebraska like they were a high school defense? Also what day was it clear that West Coast Riley would call very very very very very very very low percentage long bombs on every third down play? Even if Nebraska would have been prepared to play that game like they should have been, they still may not have won, but at least they would have been competitive, which is all we can ask of a team and the coaches against a team of equal talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.