• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Nebraska fans just want things to be like the 90's"

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a more annoying comment from the ignorant masses? I mean, while it would be nice, there is no realistic chance of that happening for any school not named Alabama.
Hell, at this point I'd settle for things being like the 80's.
What I and, I assume, other fans want is to compete with every opponent. To not have weeks like this one where you are not thinking about what needs to be done to win, but instead are wondering about how bad our beloved Huskers are going to lose by.

I don't need another 3 NC's in 4 years. It would be nice, but I'd like to watch a season worth of games where the team is not embarrassed on the field 3 or four times.

This is not "wishing for the 90's." This is merely not wanting my team to suck anymore.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay going back to the 90's

Edit
Assistant coach Rick Johnson was promoted to head coach following Tony Barone's departure. Johnson's tenure at Creighton was a struggle. His teams finished with progressively worse records. He left after the 1993–94 season in which the team posted a 7–22 mark. Johnson finished with a 24–59 record over three seasons at Creighton.[5]

Rodney Buford eraEdit
Dana Altman, a Wilber, Nebraska native, left his position as head coach at Kansas State for Creighton in 1994. Altman immediately went to work rejuvenating the program. He struggled at first posting a 7-19 record in his first year. That off-season, Altman signed Rodney Buford. Altman's Jays improved to 14-15 and 15-15 the following two seasons. After the 1996–97 season, coach Altman brought in talented prospects Ryan Sears and Ben Walker. The two, along with Buford, would help rebuild Creighton into a college basketball power. The 1997–98 team finished 18-10 and reached the NIT. The 1998–99 team would finish second in the Valley and reach the 1999 NCAA Tournament after claiming the MVC conference tournament title. The Jays reached the second round following a 62-58 first round victory over Louisville. Rodney Buford would finish as the all-time leading scorer for the Jays with 2,116 points.[21]

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a more annoying comment from the ignorant masses? I mean, while it would be nice, there is no realistic chance of that happening for any school not named Alabama.
Hell, at this point I'd settle for things being like the 80's.
What I and, I assume, other fans want is to compete with every opponent. To not have weeks like this one where you are not thinking about what needs to be done to win, but instead are wondering about how bad our beloved Huskers are going to lose by.

I don't need another 3 NC's in 4 years. It would be nice, but I'd like to watch a season worth of games where the team is not embarrassed on the field 3 or four times.

This is not "wishing for the 90's." This is merely not wanting my team to suck anymore.

That comment and then the one where everyone says "WE HAD A GUY WHO WON 9 GAMES A YEAR AND WE FIRED HIM SO I HOPE FROST ENJOYS GETTING FIRED AFTER 3 YEARS !!"

I want to reach through my computer screen and grab that person by the throat. I don't give a fuck about 9 wins or returning to the 90's. It's about not getting the piss beat out of us by teams with equal to or lesser talent than us. And really we shouldn't get the piss beat out of us by the Ohio State's of the world either.

How quickly people forget that Bo let Wisconsin absolutely tear his ass up with recruiting classes ranking in the 30-40 range. Or maybe people think that's all part of the process....letting those blowouts happen as long as we get the 9 wins. Because hell "Tom Osborne won 9 games every year too and you seent what happened in the end !!"

The worst thing that could have ever happened was these commentators saying that Nebraska Football fans are the most knowledgeable fans in the country, because now we actually believe it and we have a bunch of knowitalls who don't know shit.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is precisely why I made the thread for the dumbass post of the day, because our fanbase is full of dumbasses and they're all over Facebook every single day writing the dumbest shit I've ever read.

I've actually blocked a couple people that I don't even know because I couldn't take how low their IQ was posting on those Husker pages.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF HISL? Care to elaborate on the thumbs down?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who the next coach is, as long as he's a Nebraska guy and brings back the option. Because that worked in the 90's

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see a fundamentally sound football team, and one who plays hard for the whole game next year.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee and Florida fans would also like to try the time machine

Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Getting-shocked-by-time-machine.gif

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominate the B1G West. That is literally all I want to see. It is so fucking doable. From season to season, it's arguably the weakest division in all of the Power 5.

That is not much to ask. Make it to the CCG consistently and WIN one every now and then.

We do that and I would be one happy fucking camper.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who expects a national title within the next 5 years is delusional. Our recruiting classes would have to be top 10-15 back to back to back to back starting with this year.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want a public execution of lil red.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want a public execution of lil red.
1994 LiL Red made a splash, same year starting our reign. 2003 Herbie Husker underwent a makeover... pretty much when the wheels fell off... coincidence?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone like Pelini could have stayed if they were not such an asshole. Pelini grew to hate the spotlight, and then when Eichorst came on board, he turned into Vlad the Impaler.

I want a coach that can coach up the players.
I want a Head coach that realizes he has bad assistants, fires said assistants, and then hires new assistants.
I want a Head coach that realizes that when his defense is playing like shit, he calls the plays, and there is improvement because of that,
I want a Head coach that realizes that when his offense is playing like shit, he calls the plays, and there is improvement because of that.
I want a Head coach that respects the Nebraska traditions that got them where they were, and doesn't destroy them.( Hello that guy in 2004)
I want a head coach that is innovative. Tom Osborne and Mike Leach come to mind.
I want a head coach from the State of Nebraska or an adjoining State. They know the history, they grew up with it.
I could take a coach from Texas as long as they hated the University of Texas. If they were ever associated as a Longhorn in some way, no thanks.

I don't want a coach that is an asshole and hates the fans.
I don't want a coach that embarrasses the team, the fans, and the University.
I don't want a coach that decides to change traditions or end them.
I don't want a coach that is a win at all costs coach. Art Briles comes to mind.
I don't want a coach that is a perfect angel. Keith Williams fits this category, he has his flaws, but he can coach, he recognizes talent, he can coach up that talent.

I am not happy that Nebraska is changing the name from Cornhuskers to Huskers because it is easier to spell or something. Nebraska is THE NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS, So what if the name has corn in it.

I want a coach that can win with class.
I want a coach that when the team loses, no coach speak, and the losses are not blowouts.

The next coach that comes in has the bar set very low. The talent is at Nebraska. These kids have two, three, and four stars on them out of high school. They were the BMOC is high school.

Somewhere I posted a thing on blowouts by coaches, and Riley is winning(actually LOSING) that category. A blowout is by 20 points or more.

TL DR. blah blah blah. Must get my cookies out of the oven.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Sunday there is a list of teams that get posted around noon. I forget what'd its called though. Maybe they could list Nebraska consistently

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominate the B1G West. That is literally all I want to see. It is so fucking doable. From season to season, it's arguably the weakest division in all of the Power 5.

That is not much to ask. Make it to the CCG consistently and WIN one every now and then.

We do that and I would be one happy fucking camper.

Exactly. We should roll through the West every year and have our big matchup against Wisconsin to decide it. That should be how it goes every single year.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People also need to understand that next season is going to be rough. Nick Saban would go 7-5 next season if he was here. We do not have the player development up front on either side of the ball to compete already next season.

So when Scott Frost comes in and doesn't take us to the BIG Championship game in year 1 I don't want to hear any dumbass fans spouting off about how we have an inexperienced head coach and that is why we went 7-5.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People also need to understand that next season is going to be rough. Nick Saban would go 7-5 next season if he was here. We do not have the player development up front on either side of the ball to compete already next season.

So when Scott Frost comes in and doesn't take us to the BIG Championship game in year 1 I don't want to hear any dumbass fans spouting off about how we have an inexperienced head coach and that is why we went 7-5.
Will we be able to compete with Minnesota? That'd be a helluva start.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Frost turns NU down there will be riots