• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska at #12 in new Coaches Poll

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat Indiana, Purdue and Wisconsin- head into the shoe as the most overrated top 5 team since 2015 fawkeyes- and get beat by 30

If we beat Wisconsin we're the real fuckin' deal.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to predict we move from #12 to #10 tomorrow after sitting out on a bye week.

Houston, Miami, and Tennessee will all fall behind us. I would guess someone could jump us since we were idle though.

FWAA has a "super sixteen" they already released today which has Nebraska at 10.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched every snap of every conference and major non conference game Michigan and Wisconsin have played and I disagree with you.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No polls yesterday because of Matthew. They come out today

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand all the hand wringing about Nebraska being ranked where they are. What is it that every one wanted? Wanted to be nationally relevant. Wanted top be a top 15 team. Wanted to be a top 10 team. Wanted to win games. Wanted to not get embarrassed. We basically have all of that right now. Yet people want to minimize it. Have we beaten anyone? Yeah, we beat 5 teams. Only the 4th time in last 15 seasons we have started 5-0. This is unfortunately a program that isn't used to winning on a consistent basis lately. One would think the fans would be enjoying this. Let it ride and enjoy it while it lasts.

As for the rankings, the overall rankings mean dick anyway but there are only 4-5 teams this year that truly look like like a stereotypical "top 10 team". So the teams that fill the rest of that list can be thrown in a hat.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand all the hand wringing about Nebraska being ranked where they are. What is it that every one wanted? Wanted to be nationally relevant. Wanted top be a top 15 team. Wanted to be a top 10 team. Wanted to win games. Wanted to not get embarrassed. We basically have all of that right now. Yet people want to minimize it. Have we beaten anyone? Yeah, we beat 5 teams. Only the 4th time in last 15 seasons we have started 5-0. This is unfortunately a program that isn't used to winning on a consistent basis lately. One would think the fans would be enjoying this. Let it ride and enjoy it while it lasts.

As for the rankings, the overall rankings mean dick anyway but there are only 4-5 teams this year that truly look like like a stereotypical "top 10 team". So the teams that fill the rest of that list can be thrown in a hat.

THIS ^^^^^^

HUSKERS are ranked right where they should be and the LOSERS who aren't happy about it can kiss my rear.

Got in this argument with one of my roommates who tried saying we don't deserve to be top 10.. well, who does?

RILED UP

JUST WIN BABY

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

but I think Oregon looking like crap is scaring people and people are worried that we are going to get spanked by Wisky and tOSU.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To start the season, I thought Nebraska would lose to Wisconsin, even though I knew they lost defensive players, QB, offensive line(plus best OL had to quit playing because of health issues), and their DC. Now, their starting kicker is out with back surgery. Wisconsin is looking like they should have looked, a shaky offense. If Beigle is not back for Wisconsin, I believe Nebraska will be favored.

Nebraska has a chance against every team remaining on the schedule except Ohio State.

The only easy game left is Purdon't. Four of the next seven are on the road.

I like where Nebraska is ranked. Over-ranked? Yes. Nebraska is 5-0 though and has a very talented offensive team. Can Nebraska play with Alabama, Louisville, Clemson, Florida State, Michigan, Washington, Houston, or Ohio State? No way in hell. But every other team Nebraska can win against.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is ranked where they are because they've won the games on their schedule and other teams haven't. I don't really care too much about the rankings. It all works itself out in the end. Just win baby and let the cards fall where they may.

Said this in another thread, but I really don't care where we're ranked. I'd much rather be unranked and win the West than be ranked and not win the West.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To start the season, I thought Nebraska would lose to Wisconsin, even though I knew they lost defensive players, QB, offensive line(plus best OL had to quit playing because of health issues), and their DC. Now, their starting kicker is out with back surgery. Wisconsin is looking like they should have looked, a shaky offense. If Beigle is not back for Wisconsin, I believe Nebraska will be favored.

Nebraska has a chance against every team remaining on the schedule except Ohio State.

The only easy game left is Purdon't. Four of the next seven are on the road.

I like where Nebraska is ranked. Over-ranked? Yes. Nebraska is 5-0 though and has a very talented offensive team. Can Nebraska play with Alabama, Louisville, Clemson, Florida State, Michigan, Washington, Houston, or Ohio State? No way in hell. But every other team Nebraska can win against.

So Nebraska is not at the same level as Navy?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought exactly. And I do believe we can play with any one of those teams listed. Can we win? Yes to anyone of them? Would we win? Most probably not but the question that we should be concerned with is Can we play with them, i.e. be competitive, and I believe the answer to be yes for everyone of them. Two years ago that answer would of been a resounding, "No, we will get embarrassed"

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Nebraska play with Alabama, Louisville, Clemson, Florida State, Michigan, Washington, Houston, or Ohio State? No way in hell. But every other team Nebraska can win against.

I really think we could beat any of the above teams, especially Cougar High

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska officially ranked #10

Gotta love bye weeks

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was just me but I guess HuskerCradle2grave facepalm everyone's post and has nothing to say on the topic.

upload_2016-10-10_12-2-11.png

I think Nebraska has improved but they haven't gotten that key win yet. They are coming up on a key stretch in their schedule that could determine exactly how good they are.