• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ND vs USC Game Day Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets at least beat USC to finish on a high note. beating USC, Stanford and Mich in 1 year is a positive. We will go to some crap bowl game and lets hope we win.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating USC would help this lost season.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what Notre dame team shows up and what USC team is there to greet them. I can't figure either out. I didn't expect USC to beat UCLA but i expected a better game. If USC decides to throw the ball to more than just nelson i'd say USC can put up a big number on that irish defense. If Cody just throws or tries to throw to nelson all night the Trojans are in trouble. When you guys talk about losing players to injury or suspension think about this. USC had 45 scholarship players available to play against UCLA. People were right. This year would be the worst of the sanctions. Thankfully restocking begins next season. Juju and Adoree will be stars

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what Notre dame team shows up and what USC team is there to greet them. I can't figure either out. I didn't expect USC to beat UCLA but i expected a better game. If USC decides to throw the ball to more than just nelson i'd say USC can put up a big number on that irish defense. If Cody just throws or tries to throw to nelson all night the Trojans are in trouble. When you guys talk about losing players to injury or suspension think about this. USC had 45 scholarship players available to play against UCLA. People were right. This year would be the worst of the sanctions. Thankfully restocking begins next season. Juju and Adoree will be stars

I expect USC to exploit the run game between the tackles. We are depleted at DT, we lost the lynchpin of the defense in Joe Schmidt, and Nyles Morgan, while a gifted athelete, is not ready for prime time, oh yeah, and he's out the first half. If they get the run game going, watch out. As inexperienced as SC's OL is, they'll be going against an equally inexperienced DL. One area we could have had an advantage if we kept Jones and Day healthy.

If we were healthier, I'd feel better about this game, because, given SC's depth issues, keeping it close into the 4th quarter usually spells doom for them. If they can build a lead and force some errors on defense, we will have a hard time keeping it close late, with our own depth issues.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect USC to exploit the run game between the tackles. We are depleted at DT, we lost the lynchpin of the defense in Joe Schmidt, and Nyles Morgan, while a gifted athelete, is not ready for prime time, oh yeah, and he's out the first half. If they get the run game going, watch out. As inexperienced as SC's OL is, they'll be going against an equally inexperienced DL. One area we could have had an advantage if we kept Jones and Day healthy.

If we were healthier, I'd feel better about this game, because, given SC's depth issues, keeping it close into the 4th quarter usually spells doom for them. If they can build a lead and force some errors on defense, we will have a hard time keeping it close late, with our own depth issues.

Weird game this year with fans of both teams giving the other team a better shot of winning. USC plays three frshmen O linemen. They have played well mostly but with no one to spell them they can get overwhelmed at times. If USC can run even a little I can see Juju and nelson getting some TDs and hopfully enough for the fourth quarter where USC is just holding on for dear life.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree a win here and plus wins against Stanford and Mich and a bowl win would make me happy. Tough year with injuries plus the suspended players. We had 10 Frosh play this year on D. That is crazy.

Lets hope we can stay healthy next year and Big things might happen.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think wins over a shitty Michigan team, a shitty Stanford team and a shitty USC team mean much.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think wins over a shitty Michigan team, a shitty Stanford team and a shitty USC team mean much.

It does when u are shitty yourself. To beat all 3 in 1 season is a positive.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird game this year with fans of both teams giving the other team a better shot of winning. USC plays three frshmen O linemen. They have played well mostly but with no one to spell them they can get overwhelmed at times. If USC can run even a little I can see Juju and nelson getting some TDs and hopfully enough for the fourth quarter where USC is just holding on for dear life.

Also depends on that freshmen oline giving Kessler time to throw the ball too. Kessler has taken a lot of pressure and sacks. Which makes his numbers that much more impressive. Should be a good game looking forward to next year though

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does when u are shitty yourself. To beat all 3 in 1 season is a positive.

no it's not. knowing how crappy those teams are makes it a non-accomplishment. there's no pride in beating 'name' teams when they suck.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it's not. knowing how crappy those teams are makes it a non-accomplishment. there's no pride in beating 'name' teams when they suck.

I disagree. It's ALWAYS a great thing to beat Michigan and USC. I don't care how bad they are. Unfortunately, the dismantling of Michigan was the high water mark for this season. That was the most complete game. I wish they could have matched that intensity in a few other games this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes it does when you suck yourself. I will take it. Plus a bowl win.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dread watching this game ... Toejams gonna have a field day against our D.

Our only hope is putting up a lot of points with sustained drives and keeping our D off the field.

Hey ... maybe we'll get more than a fair catch, a muff, or a 5 yd return on ST?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys tomorrow is the last game of the regular season.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck today fellas. I'm hoping for a good game not decided on stupid turnovers and bad coaching decisions but hopfully someone played great. No matter who wins I think if they played again the other team can probably win and so on and so on. Right now I don;t see a huge gap between the two. USC has no depth (suited up 45 scholarship players against UCLA) and ND has some depth issues on D looks like (injuries and suspensions). I hope Sark has Cody throw deep plenty of times today. I think USC can exploit your secondary and hopefully hang on .But not holding my breath.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck today fellas. I'm hoping for a good game not decided on stupid turnovers and bad coaching decisions but hopfully someone played great. No matter who wins I think if they played again the other team can probably win and so on and so on. Right now I don;t see a huge gap between the two. USC has no depth (suited up 45 scholarship players against UCLA) and ND has some depth issues on D looks like (injuries and suspensions). I hope Sark has Cody throw deep plenty of times today. I think USC can exploit your secondary and hopefully hang on .But not holding my breath.

You just be a good 'ol gal and keep bringin us Domers the pretzels & beer for the duration. :suds:

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pur ... why didn't you put this GT up on the main board?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im doing it now