• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ND vs USC Game Day Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wont agree with that statement until i see the frosh play. yes rees is better then hendrix.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the offensive offense in the 2nd half didn't discourage recruits at the game and the great defensive play inspired a few.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont dispute that either ... but, as was evident tonite, we ALL should know now why Rees is the starter. No more excuses and wanking on who should be the starter is what I'm saying and have been saying. Is it the ideal situation ... no (been saying that all year) ... but it's the best solution to the problem with what we have.

:suds:

this assumes no rookie will be given a shot. but yes, clearly between rees and hendrix we have to play rees.

but truthfully, even with rees tonight, as decent as he looked, we didn't produce much against a crap defense. we ended up scoring way less than usc normally gives up. ... so let's not pretend rees is good. he just looks good relative to hendrix.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the offensive offense in the 2nd half didn't discourage recruits at the game and the great defensive play inspired a few.

WOW! I forgot all about that one poe ... very good point. Oh mannnngggg! :L

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this assumes no rookie will be given a shot. but yes, clearly between rees and hendrix we have to play rees.

but truthfully, even with rees tonight, as decent as he looked, we didn't produce much against a crap defense. we ended up scoring way less than usc normally gives up. ... so let's not pretend rees is good. he just looks good relative to hendrix.

Never said Rees is good ... total insinuation there. Quite the contrary to what I've been saying ... I have generally agreed that Rees is NOT good, but the only viable solution to the problem.

As far as SC's crappy defense ... you do realize this is USC vs ND??? It's a rivalry game that has proven, many times over the years, to just throw the records/stats out the window when these two teams meet on a football field. I dont care if USC was 0-6 and had the worst D in the country ... I always worry about this game.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! I forgot all about that one poe ... very good point. Oh mannnngggg! :L

I'm always thinking of the recruiting Craig, I hope some top 2015 QB's were watching how thin the depth at QB is, granted Golson should be back but still only leaves Zaire and Kizer.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Mckenzie just committed

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always thinking of the recruiting Craig, I hope some top 2015 QB's were watching how thin the depth at QB is, granted Golson should be back but still only leaves Zaire and Kizer.

I know ya do bro ... and I miss your recruiting posts! Where did they go? :suds:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what ESPN had to say about the kid

Size-Strength-Speed

McKenzie is short and light for a BCS player but he makes up for it with his aggressive and physical play, plus he is very explosive. He can change direction and accelerate in 1 step.
Ball Skills

He is exciting with the ball in his hands and he can catch it smoothly and without effort when it is thrown to him.
Versatility

Displays he will hit you when he is playing defense, he will score when playing offense and is a very good return man.
Big Play Ability

He scores more than the average player, and it is from anywhere on the field and in any role. Should he get his hands on the ball he is a threat.
Bottom Line

McKenzie is smaller than the typical BCS player but he also is more explosive and exciting than most. He is fear less and has a knack for finding the end zone. It would not be a surprise if some of the best BCS schools in the country took a run at him because he can do what can't be taught.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a nearly 3 month old son

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for those that care, grand slam and the Red Sox take the lead, right now the night can't get much better.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what ESPN had to say about the kid

Size-Strength-Speed

McKenzie is short and light for a BCS player but he makes up for it with his aggressive and physical play, plus he is very explosive. He can change direction and accelerate in 1 step.
Ball Skills

He is exciting with the ball in his hands and he can catch it smoothly and without effort when it is thrown to him.
Versatility

Displays he will hit you when he is playing defense, he will score when playing offense and is a very good return man.
Big Play Ability

He scores more than the average player, and it is from anywhere on the field and in any role. Should he get his hands on the ball he is a threat.
Bottom Line

McKenzie is smaller than the typical BCS player but he also is more explosive and exciting than most. He is fear less and has a knack for finding the end zone. It would not be a surprise if some of the best BCS schools in the country took a run at him because he can do what can't be taught.

Is this that 5'8" WR???

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said Rees is good ... total insinuation there. Quite the contrary to what I've been saying ... I have generally agreed that Rees is NOT good, but the only viable solution to the problem.

As far as SC's crappy defense ... you do realize this is USC vs ND??? It's a rivalry game that has proven, many times over the years, to just throw the records/stats out the window when these two teams meet on a football field. I dont care if USC was 0-6 and had the worst D in the country ... I always worry about this game.

worry if you must .... but i never throw the records/stats out the window. this game isn't actually magic as the media makes it out to be. fact is this game was at home ... against a coach who's team had given up 93 points in his two games. i think the nd offense just sucks .. period. and it showed against a poor defense.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worry if you must .... but i never throw the records/stats out the window. this game isn't actually magic as the media makes it out to be. fact is this game was at home ... against a coach who's team had given up 93 points in his two games. i think the nd offense just sucks .. period. and it showed against a poor defense.

Totally agree about the offense ... piss poor and it starts with the genious, offensive mind of a head coach we have with his inexplicable rotten play calling and in-game decisions.

As far as this being a home game ... meh. You do realize that SC has beaten ND FIVE STRAIGHT TIMES in SB ... right?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Notre Dame hadn't beat USC at home in five straight games so in the last decade.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what wishy washy ..,.,,, i now agree rees is better then hendrix but i think the frosh should start.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i admit rees is better then hendrix. but from day one i said start zaire.