• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs Texas Post Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to wait till tomorrow but this game pissed me off. Here is my breakdown.

Kizer is a Beast. 1st rd draft pick. Kelly did what he had to do to keep both guys happy. He now knows Kizer is the starter. His 2 QB did not kill this game except MZ starting the 2nd half. overall Offense played great. Kelly play calling was a B+ to A. Yes he had some bad moments but all coaches do. Defense is a joke again. U will here a lot of bad things from me about the D.

Offense:
- Kizer is a Beast
- St Brown is going to be awesome.
- running game was ok. Was a little disappointed in Adams
- Oline Is ver over rated. I gave them a C in this game
- TE was no where to be found.
- CJ sanders is going to be a good slot guy for us
- Hunter Jr disappointed. Hate to see the refs miss a call on a bad play but overall he didn't play well. We miss fuller BIG time.

Defense:
- Sucks. Every player sucked
- Rochell and Tillery so over rated.
- Studstill needs to start
- Morgan is no J Smith but played an ok game
- Cant tackle can't win. I counted 24 missed tackles.

Special teams:
- Overall ok. Not great but not bad

conclusion: BVG needs to be fired and Kizer needs to be the full time starter.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to wait till tomorrow but this game pissed me off. Here is my breakdown.

Kizer is a Beast. 1st rd draft pick. Kelly did what he had to do to keep both guys happy. He now knows Kizer is the starter. His 2 QB did not kill this game except MZ starting the 2nd half. overall Offense played great. Kelly play calling was a B+ to A. Yes he had some bad moments but all coaches do. Defense is a joke again. U will here a lot of bad things from me about the D.

Offense:
- Kizer is a Beast
- St Brown is going to be awesome.
- running game was ok. Was a little disappointed in Adams
- Oline Is ver over rated. I gave them a C in this game
- TE was no where to be found.
- CJ sanders is going to be a good slot guy for us
- Hunter Jr disappointed. Hate to see the refs miss a call on a bad play but overall he didn't play well. We miss fuller BIG time.

Defense:
- Sucks. Every player sucked
- Rochell and Tillery so over rated.
- Studstill needs to start
- Morgan is no J Smith but played an ok game
- Cant tackle can't win. I counted 24 missed tackles.

Special teams:
- Overall ok. Not great but not bad

conclusion: BVG needs to be fired and Kizer needs to be the full time starter.
Agree on Kizer although Kelly's still being non-commital I am sure once he sees film hell do what we all expect him to do.

I'd grade the offensive line a little better than you. Mustipher is no Nick Martin (few are) but he ain't bad. The guard play (both McGovern and Nelson, IMO were worse).

Torii Hunter also played fine and had at least 1TD and would have had 2 if they didn't take his head off.

Rochel actually played a hell of a game. He wasn't the problem. Tillery needs to decide if he wants to be a ball player or reality TV star.

I hate hate hate poor tackling. First guy that makes contact needs to make the stop. Diaco's teams were fundamentally sound.

Last edited:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly's play calling gets a B+ to A?

Yeah. . .no

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly's play calling gets a B+ to A?

Yeah. . .no
Yeah. The draw play on 3/11 when you have a shit defense was inexcusable. Hell at that point, I would have tried a Hail Mary with 7 seconds left.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The draw play on 3/11 when you have a shit defense was inexcusable. Hell at that point, I would have tried a Hail Mary with 7 seconds left.

Up 35-31, after scoring 21 unanswered, and we decide to step off the gas and sit on the lead. Very timid play calling there. This one is on Kelly. We can bitch and moan all we want about the defense, and the blame is fair, but the offense had plenty of chances that were squandered.

After 4 offensive series into the game, bringing in Zaire was just wasteful. It killed the offense, and forced the defense to be on the field longer than any of us want them to be.

And Rochell played maybe the best game on the defensive side, not sure what purguy was seeing.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up 35-31, after scoring 21 unanswered, and we decide to step off the gas and sit on the lead. Very timid play calling there. This one is on Kelly. We can bitch and moan all we want about the defense, and the blame is fair, but the offense had plenty of chances that were squandered.

After 4 offensive series into the game, bringing in Zaire was just wasteful. It killed the offense, and forced the defense to be on the field longer than any of us want them to be.

And Rochell played maybe the best game on the defensive side, not sure what purguy was seeing.
Yeah. Rochel kept them in the game otherwise. Kelly's game day calling is terrible and we have seasons' worth of evidence. Primary blame goes to BVG and his bullshit scheme (and Kelky for retaining him). Kelly's play calling is a distant second. They scored enough to win in regulation.

I agree on going conservative. They were on the ropes and crowd was out of it coming back from 17 down and Newsome picked a hell of a time to shit the bed on a punt. But better play calling takes these fluky plays out of the equation.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Rochel kept them in the game otherwise. Kelly's game day calling is terrible and we have seasons' worth of evidence. Primary blame goes to BVG and his bullshit scheme (and Kelky for retaining him). Kelly's play calling is a distant second. They scored enough to win in regulation.

I agree on going conservative. They were on the ropes and crowd was out of it coming back from 17 down and Newsome picked a hell of a time to shit the bed on a punt. But better play calling takes these fluky plays out of the equation.

Texas offense really isn't that good. There was nothing to it. A handful of read options or just straight QB runs. And a handful of shots downfield. It's even more irritating that a simple offense like that, could possibly drop 50 points on such a "sophisticated" defense, like BG's.

Every time they show BG, I'm embarrassed for the guy.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has anyone yet suggested that zaire do something other than q-back? his style of play doesn't really bode well for the pros anyway does it, whereas kizer will probable be a very good pro ... maybe great!
zaire CAN run! can he catch as well? why let him languish on the sidelines?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has anyone yet suggested that zaire do something other than q-back? his style of play doesn't really bode well for the pros anyway does it, whereas kizer will probable be a very good pro ... maybe great!
zaire CAN run! can he catch as well? why let him languish on the sidelines?
How about safety? We need more safeties.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Adams made the best tackle of the night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We win this game running away if we didn't waste what 3 or 4 series with MZ in the game over Kizer? I'm just happy Kizer proved he's clearly better and you should be the starter from this point on. It's better to lose in week 1 than in week 6 or 7

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pass rush what so ever. No tight end. Kizer was everything I expected and then some. The entire defense looked bad. Folston didn't look as explosive as he was prior to the injury. Losing Tori Hunter Jr. really hurt. Safety is missing. We missed Redfield, what a fucking idiot. I didn't care for the conservative play calling when we took the lead. Our defense is to shitty to rely on. We should have been going all out to keep the ball and score more. Quit wasting fucking timeouts on bird brain shit.

I'm rambling. Now I'm done.

Last edited:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was the Tori Hunter injury not targeting?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was the Tori Hunter injury not targeting?

Refs are garbage. They screwed that up twice. Not only did the refs miss it on the field but also the fact that the replay refs refused to review that play had me livid.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense sucks so much. Rochel so over rated. guy missed so many tackles. i dont know what game u were watching. Jones and Tillery also over rated. F this D and BVG

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my big thing. Where was the fucking pass rush.

You should have that even if your playing a Freshman QB

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my big thing. Where was the fucking pass rush.

You should have that even if your playing a Freshman QB
we dont have 1 and we cant stop the run. front 7 is soft. Luke is the only good CB we have. Studstill needs to be the starter. anyone see the difference when he was in the game. no more deep throws were connected when he was in.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win this game running away if we didn't waste what 3 or 4 series with MZ in the game over Kizer? I'm just happy Kizer proved he's clearly better and you should be the starter from this point on. It's better to lose in week 1 than in week 6 or 7

That's kind of my thinking as well, or at least got the win without needing OT.

I would say losing in week 1 is better than losing at any other point, but to be honest, I don't know if we're that good. We could lose 1 or 2 more times this season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree. again offense was not the problem. cant win when your D cant make a stop. if u cant stop the run its over. how many times we see the offense score alot and the D lose the game for us. MZ should have a small role from here on out

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree. again offense was not the problem. cant win when your D cant make a stop. if u cant stop the run its over. how many times we see the offense score alot and the D lose the game for us. MZ should have a small role from here on out

In the first half, the defense wasn't awful until mid to late in the 2nd. They forced at least 3 punts in the first half I believe