• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ND vs Rutgers Game Day Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope that was the issue. should of won by 20 or more.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall good 2nd half. opts and 81 yards. Also word is 16 players were fighting the flu.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from vacation and watching this offense in the redzone makes me sick. Kelly shrinks the play book so much. On espn after the game they were saying the Irish looked good in their bowl game......what the hell were they watching. Here's to next year fellas. My family's annual tailgate will be at the Michigan game next year, can't wait. To be honest, the player I'm most excited to see next year is Corey Robinson, the connection with Golson hopefully will be a good one.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on Fuller if they use him, and Folston should be dynamic next year. I am a little concerned with the depth at Defensive line.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on Fuller if they use him, and Folston should be dynamic next year. I am a little concerned with the depth at Defensive line.

I'm a lot concerned about it. It's my biggest concern.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lot concerned about it. It's my biggest concern.

The biggest problem is they don't have a 3-4 NT, they could run a 4-3 with some of their OLB's lining up with their hands on the ground and their DE's sliding over to DT, but either way they will lack depth either at LB or on the D-Line.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this over at my pop's house and we spent the whole day laughing/crying at how bad the coaching and field was.

How can Brindza kick the ball out of the endzone on the previous kickoff before the FG attempt and come up that short? How can the Rutgers kicker kick the ball against the wind into our Endzone but then Brindza couldn't even reach the goal-line? Did he pull a muscle on one of those kicks?

Agreed on the playcalling and game-management. How does Kelly continue to get away with this shit? Does no one he answers to have a clue about football? How does this Institution not recognize that we play down to talent and have been for years? I simply refuse to believe that only a small segment of fans see this. I cannot fathom how a coach has such poor game management awareness or even control. How is it that Kelly does not notice in the review of the team's performance week after week after week that we use timeouts in situations where they should never be spent? 2nd and 1, we need a timeout to talk this over. Piss poor and inexcusable for as often as it happens.

The field: do they not have tarps at Yankee Stadium? They might as well have played at any middle-school field in any state given the quality of that field. George Steinbrenner would've blown a gasket and he would've been justified.

I like some things about this team and their personnel, but I'm really coming to the understanding that Kelly is not worth the hype. Why is it that ND never learns its lesson? Did they not figure out that giving Weis the extension he got for doing so very little was a mistake they shouldn't try to repeat? Yet, here we are... I really wonder how these glaring faults never get addressed. It's not like I could be that incompetent at my job and never have a boss call me out on it.

Anyway, I look to you all on the recruiting trail, looks like we need some D-line depth.

I wish you all a happy new year and look forward to seeing how the recruiting goes and onto the spring game. Most importantly, do any of these flaws get corrected or do we keep seeing the same shit next fall?