• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs MSU Post Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys season is over. I knew this was going to happen sooner then later. After the Texas game I said 8-4 because I saw something in the D that I knew they wouldn't improve enough. With no pressure on the QB teams can pick u are apart especially on 3rd down. Nevada game confirmed that theory for me and this game just smashed it home. This D is not good and we have 0 pass rushers. We have good players but this scheme does not fit them. So here is my little break down
offense:
Postion: Grade:
QB: A: Kizer is a beast. Yes he had 1 Int but overall he was moving the team down and the fumbles hurt. He lead the team back again but for some reason Kelly didn't trust him.
RB: D: Bad day for the RB's.
WR: C-: I like this core. They have great potential. Yesterday was an up and down day for them.
TE: F: They suck and we miss Jones. until we get production from them offense will have some up and downs. Having TE production opens so much for everyone else.
Oline: C: They are not a great Oline but an good Oline. They were this years fools gold. all the hype around them and they just haven't performed the way we thought they would. Don't get me wrong they are still a good unit just not a great unit.

Defense:
Dline
: C: Way too up and down. There were moments where I was like Ok great job. They are starting to click and then they let up 3 3rd and shorts in a row. They just can't make the big stop. They are Soft on the Dline. We don't have that Big nasty like a Tuitt or a Day who fights to make that stop.
OLB: D: Just not good. Too many miss tackles and 0 sacks.
MLB: B: I really like this morgan kid. He is showing he is a very good player. he is a poor man version of J. Smith. He is the only one I really like on D. I do like Luke and Studstill.
CB: C-: Ok game but not great game. What I have notice is they are struggling on tackling. Luke got beat twice. Coleman is really bad but I like what I saw from Love.
Safety: C- : Studstill is going to be a good one. Right now we have to live with the growing pains. Both Safetys blown some coverages. This group as a whole is weak right now.

Overall Grade: C-: Defense sucks. Also we can't keep falling way behind and then try and come back. Kelly was very conservative in that 2nd half. Once we scored twice no reason to start believing again and let your QB do his thing. Kelly held back Kizer tonight.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense absolutely sux ... will lose us more games this year. Will not be able to depend on them to make crucial stops to win games.

Brian Van Gorder MUST go.

That is all.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you see what ESPN said today "Notre Dame can still make the playoff as a 2 loss team IF they win out and win out big"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you see what ESPN said today "Notre Dame can still make the playoff as a 2 loss team IF they win out and win out big"

Who cares what ESPN said? It is basically impossible for them to make the playoffs. And based on what I've seen from them in these first 3 games, I fully expect them to lose another 2 to 3 games

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect them to lose another 2 to 3 games
I agree I see them losing to USC, Stanford, and Miami.... Maybe if they don't get their shit together they could lose to Duke on Saturday.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raw

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some good things from this team and some very bad things as well mostly from the defense it's like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde out there. I really feel like boycotting and not watching any games until the fire Van Gorder but I know I won't.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha, you need to have a defense to win against good teams. Noooooooooooo chance.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and according to an article in ChiTrib, yesterday, he's not gonna be.

THEE HC doesn't seem to be worried with the D ... at all.

I mean not like there's anything wrong with giving up 50 & 36 points in 2 of your 3 games this season. Just saying

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant use the excuse of young players playing. THey had freaking NFL players all over the defensive side of the ball last year and still sucked. IF you have NFL talent across the board and your defense sucks, the problem is the coaching!!!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean not like there's anything wrong with giving up 50 & 36 points in 2 of your 3 games this season. Just saying
No its normal. LOL The best part we play 2 weak teams coming up and watch after those games they will be like see the D is coming around. NO its not because I bet when we play a good team again we will lose.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless an in house guy can handle the it I'm sure he'll ride with Van Gorder for the year.