• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs. Michigan series coming back

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard earlier today that the Irish will have Michigan back on the schedule on September 1, 2018 (at ND) and 2019 (at UM), with possibly games more to come. UM is apparently backing out of a 2 year agreement with Arkansas to play the Irish.

Glad to see this rivalry renewed as I've always loved the ND vs. UM game when it's on our schedule. However, other than our last blowout win (31-0) over the Wolverines, we've struggled to pull out wins in the series more recently (they beat us 4 out of the last 5 before the blowout and most by very close scores). It won't be easy to beat a Harbaugh coached team, especially after he's put together a few recruiting classes by the time we play them. However, if and when we do, it will be that much sweeter.

GO IRISH! ONWARD TO VICTORY!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard earlier today that the Irish will have Michigan back on the schedule on September 1, 2018 (at ND) and 2019 (at UM), with possibly games more to come. UM is apparently backing out of a 2 year agreement with Arkansas to play the Irish.

Glad to see this rivalry renewed as I've always loved the ND vs. UM game when it's on our schedule. However, other than our last blowout win (31-0) over the Wolverines, we've struggled to pull out wins in the series more recently (they beat us 4 out of the last 5 before the blowout and most by very close scores). It won't be easy to beat a Harbaugh coached team, especially after he's put together a few recruiting classes by the time we play them. However, if and when we do, it will be that much sweeter.

GO IRISH! ONWARD TO VICTORY!
Ahem. 37-0.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy its back on. Our Schedule is tough man. Thats why I think a 1 Loss ND should always make the playoffs. We are in the Top 10 almost every year on SOS.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the only ND or Michigan game I watched every year. Interesting move by ND after such a cowardly move pulling out of one of their best rivalries to sign back up for it. I guess the UMass game that filled up that slot on their schedule wasn't making as much $?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the only ND or Michigan game I watched every year. Interesting move by ND after such a cowardly move pulling out of one of their best rivalries to sign back up for it. I guess the UMass game that filled up that slot on their schedule wasn't making as much $?

It had nothing to do with being cowardly, Michigan had already asked if they could but the rivalry on hold but hadn't officially ended the rivalry. Notre Dame had to navigate adding a bunch of ACC games and never intended to not play Michigan again. Michigan's former AD starting acting like a whinny bitch after that and made a huge stink about it, also the teams had taken breaks in their rivalry in the past unlike many of Notre Dame's other rivalries. I'll also add that way back when Michigan were the team in college football and Notre Dame beat them for the first time their coach and AD refused to play Notre Dame after losing to them how cowardly is that?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had nothing to do with being cowardly, Michigan had already asked if they could but the rivalry on hold but hadn't officially ended the rivalry. Notre Dame had to navigate adding a bunch of ACC games and never intended to not play Michigan again. Michigan's former AD starting acting like a whinny bitch after that and made a huge stink about it, also the teams had taken breaks in their rivalry in the past unlike many of Notre Dame's other rivalries. I'll also add that way back when Michigan were the team in college football and Notre Dame beat them for the first time their coach and AD refused to play Notre Dame after losing to them how cowardly is that?

the simpletons that still believe nd was cowardly were like the people that still insist we never landed on the moon. it doesn't matter what you say to them. it doesn't matter that, like you say, their sos is always among the best. does that sound cowardly?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that ND chose to restablish games with Michigan State before they did with Michigan. Michigan State told Michigan to fuck off when Michigan tried to get all Big Ten teams to drop ND. Given the choice, I would prefer that we show some loyalty to MSU. (Same with Navy).

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually happened twice in the past.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will definitely help with our strength of schedule... better than having Nevada or UMass as an opponent...