• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs Georgia Pregame Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND(1-0) vs Georgia(1-0)#15
9/9 @ 7:30pm

ND:
Coming off a good 1st win after a 4-8 season. We saw a lot of positives in week one. Beating a temple team that has won back to back 10 win seasons. ND rushing attack was on fire. 3 100 yard Rushers. OL was very good. Almost A+ level from them. I give them an A. Wimbush making his 1st start. He had a lot of positives but had some bad plays. Overall as ND fans we couldnt be any happier.
I didnt forget about you D. D was very good. Talk about what a year makes for this D. They actually looked like a Defense. Rush D needs to improve especially against a Georgia team. Need to Stack the Box. If Georgia is going to win make them win through the Air. They might have their 2nd string QB playing so stack the box a Blitz to confuse him. Georgia will be a Big test for this ND team.

Georgia:
Coming off not so impressive win against App St. They will be traveling to ND stadium. Georgia will lean on their Running game and strong Front 7 on Defense. They will try and force Wimbush into mistake. Their front 7 will make sure ND doesnt rush like they did against Temple. Georgia most likely will be with out their starting QB. Georgia goal is to control the clock and run at ND.

ND to Win: This week it will be from the passing game and Wimbush Legs. D needs to contain Georgia Rushing attack. Get pressure on the 2nd string QB.

Georgia to Win: Control the Clock and run the ball. Defense is a Big test for Wimbush. Front 7 needs to attack Wimbush. Confuse him.

I cant wait for Sat night.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't Georgia's win over App State impressive?

App State has won 21 games over the past two seasons, will be favored in the remainder of their games this season, they returned all of their very stout front 7 that pushed around Tennessee last season and they returned a dynamic running back and a very good dual threat 4 year starting QB.

Game was 31-0 until garbage time when Georgia's third string QB threw 2 4th quarter interceptions and App State got 10 garbage time points.

And Eason missed most of that App State game, and Fromm is a 5 star recruit who is probably the better QB of the two.

This should be a good game, but to call a win over Temple impressive, but a win over App State "not so impressive" is ridiculous.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't Georgia's win over App State impressive?

App State has won 21 games over the past two seasons, will be favored in the remainder of their games this season, they returned all of their very stout front 7 that pushed around Tennessee last season and they returned a dynamic running back and a very good dual threat 4 year starting QB.

Game was 31-0 until garbage time when Georgia's third string QB threw 2 4th quarter interceptions and App State got 10 garbage time points.

And Eason missed most of that App State game, and Fromm is a 5 star recruit who is probably the better QB of the two.

This should be a good game, but to call a win over Temple impressive, but a win over App State "not so impressive" is ridiculous.
Im sorry not playing a real Div 1 school is never impressive. I actually take points away from teams when they schedule these type of schools especially an SEC school. It was impressive for ND because they were coming off a 4-8 season and Temple coming off back to back 10 win seasons. Im not saying Temple was a great win for any school but it was impressive for a team coming off a 4-8 season. Please understand the difference.

Georgia didnt look like anything special against a team that shouldnt be in the same stadium with them. Winning 31-10 is nothing great against a team from the sun belt conference. More then half of the conference lost last week.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry not playing a real Div 1 school is never impressive. I actually take points away from teams when they schedule these type of schools especially an SEC school. It was impressive for ND because they were coming off a 4-8 season and Temple coming off back to back 10 win seasons. Im not saying Temple was a great win for any school but it was impressive for a team coming off a 4-8 season. Please understand the difference.

Georgia didnt look like anything special against a team that shouldnt be in the same stadium with them. Winning 31-10 is nothing great against a team from the sun belt conference. More then half of the conference lost last week.

Georgia was an 8-5 team last season with no o-line and no offense and lost to every team that had a pulse that they played(expect for the Auburn and UNC upsets), and the O-line was getting pushed around by teams like Nicholls State. And with no o-line, it meant no running game.

Given the circumstances of Eason going down early in the first quarter and playing arguably the best front 7 of any G5 team, the run game taking over the game, Fromm hitting his targets when asked to pass and the first string defense pitching a shutout, I'd call it just as impressive as a win over Temple.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates on the Georgia QB? This is the most important game of the year for me (Except of course SC), because my brother went to Georgia.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates on the Georgia QB? This is the most important game of the year for me (Except of course SC), because my brother went to Georgia.

Eason won't play this week. Not a season ending injury, but one where he'll miss at least a few weeks.

Fromm is a 5 star recruit though and many say he had a better camp than Eason and looked pretty good against App State. Eason didn't exactly shine last season.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eason won't play this week. Not a season ending injury, but one where he'll miss at least a few weeks.

Fromm is a 5 star recruit though and many say he had a better camp than Eason and looked pretty good against App State. Eason didn't exactly shine last season.

I hate it when a young player has the opportunity to start a Cinderella story by making his first start against ND.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it when a young player has the opportunity to start a Cinderella story by making his first start against ND.

He played the vast majority of the game against App State and was the QB for all 31 points, so technically his first start, but not his first real game action.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia was an 8-5 team last season with no o-line and no offense and lost to every team that had a pulse that they played(expect for the Auburn and UNC upsets), and the O-line was getting pushed around by teams like Nicholls State. And with no o-line, it meant no running game.

Given the circumstances of Eason going down early in the first quarter and playing arguably the best front 7 of any G5 team, the run game taking over the game, Fromm hitting his targets when asked to pass and the first string defense pitching a shutout, I'd call it just as impressive as a win over Temple.
U guys are the better team coming into the season. I cant wait for this game. It will tell a lot about the ND team. I hope we are moving in the right direction. A blow out and it might be the same old ND team. Good luck to you guys. I think you guys are a lot better then last year. We will both see where are teams are at.

Sat 7:30 cant wait.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U guys are the better team coming into the season. I cant wait for this game. It will tell a lot about the ND team. I hope we are moving in the right direction. A blow out and it might be the same old ND team. Good luck to you guys. I think you guys are a lot better then last year. We will both see where are teams are at.

Sat 7:30 cant wait.

We're not equipped to blowout anyone. We rely on long drives and defense. Regardless of outcome, it will be a close game unless Fromm makes a ton of true freshman mistakes and turns the ball over a lot.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet on Georgia Saturday. Watched quite a bit of the gm. They looked better than I expected when Eason went down

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet on Georgia Saturday. Watched quite a bit of the gm. They looked better than I expected when Eason went down

It'll come down to the O-line. It's a more talented, but much more inexperienced unit than last season, and App State was a good test for it, and other than a few mishaps, I thought it held up well. If Fromm doesn't have a defender in his face every time he drops back and Chubb and Michel have running lanes, I like our chances, if not...

Well, the defense better be dominant or it will be a long game for Georgia.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be my first game of the season, I traded Temple tickets for Georgia tickets. (Talk about the Art of the Deal). I'm already psyched.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting a good competitive game but this will be a much better Bell-weather for what we have.

I am encouraged by something Wimbush said, they only used about 1/3 of the playbook Sat. Hopefully they will be able to open it up more.

Morgan Martini/Coney and Tranquill better be ready.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be my first game of the season, I traded Temple tickets for Georgia tickets. (Talk about the Art of the Deal). I'm already psyched.
I dunno if I'm gonna go yet or not. Depends on whether my bros are able to 'arrange' it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting a good competitive game but this will be a much better Bell-weather for what we have.

I am encouraged by something Wimbush said, they only used about 1/3 of the playbook Sat. Hopefully they will be able to open it up more.

Morgan Martini/Coney and Tranquill better be ready.
Yup during the game they mention something like that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate these night games at home though.