• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND Lands Safety Nicco Fertitta

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a 3 star safety from Nevada. ND adds another 3 star prospect. I have no clue what they are doing this year but they like their 3 star recruits. This one Im not to excited about. He is 5'9 , 171LBS.

Other Offers: Hawaii, SDST, Arizona St, BC and UNLV.

I hope he becomes a stud but its time for ND to start getting some of the top talent.

Coach staff wants him to be their Nickel CB. Cover the slot guy. So even though he is listed as a Safety they plan to use him as the Slot CB.

ND now has 6 commitments.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken he plays for one of the better High Schools in the state/country in Bishop Gorman. Having kids from their can't hurt recruiting efforts in the future either. I actually had a feeling he would be committed he seemed pretty high on Notre Dame.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken he plays for one of the better High Schools in the state/country in Bishop Gorman. Having kids from their can't hurt recruiting efforts in the future either. I actually had a feeling he would be committed he seemed pretty high on Notre Dame.

The conspiracy theorist in me beleives that this is also calculated to get Snoop's kid to come too. He goes to the same HS as this kid and has us in his top 5. I think that's a fools errand. Snoop would want his kid in LA where he would be treated like a king, whether its USC or UCLA.

Also, as a side note, I think the school likes to sell the fact that successful parents who want the best for their kids send them to ND. Corey Robinson, Jessie Bongovi, Torii Hunter, Jr., This guy Fertitta's dad owns UFC. We seem to be the destination of choice for the progeny of famous people. I am sure there is a marketing angle the school is working there. Of course, it really only matters to me if they can play.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Robinson looks like he can play.