• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCSU vs Duke

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson is not 100%. That is blatantly obvious.

Very true. Sadly Duke needs him regardless if he's healthy or not... But when he went out things when to Sh^t quickly

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis Smith Jr. making unbelievable the norm for NC State

DURHAM, N.C. -- When NC State freshman forward Ted Kapita says he believes in the unbelievable, he's really just talking about teammate Dennis Smith, Jr.

The freshman point guard, who will likely be an NBA lottery pick, should he decide to come out after this season, scored a career-best 32 points during NC State's 84-82 win at Duke on Monday. It was the Wolfpack's first win at Cameron Indoor Stadium since 1995.

"The man, he believe in himself, he believe he can do anything. That's why he gave us that [effort]," said Kapita, who had his first double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. "We believe in him too. He's unbelievable."

That's the dilemma Smith has faced all season. When does he need to be unbelievable? The Wolfpack lean on him as much as any single player on any team in the nation. When he has struggled in games against Creighton, Illinois and, most recently, Wake Forest, the team has followed.

"I feel responsible for every game, whether we win or lose," Smith said. "I know it's a team effort, but a lot of it is going to be on me."

Smith is comfortable shouldering that load. He has learned the balance of how to take over a game yet keep his teammates involved.

During the final minutes Monday, Smith floated freely between giving up the big shot (his assist to Maverick Rowan for a 3-pointer with 1:57 made it a two-score game) and scoring baskets himself (his layup with 1:26 left gave the Pack a 79-73 advantage).

"There are times when somebody has to quiet the crowd," Smith said. "Sometimes, it's me. Sometimes, it's someone else. But at the time, it happened to be me, and I took what they gave me."

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis Smith Jr. making unbelievable the norm for NC State

DURHAM, N.C. -- When NC State freshman forward Ted Kapita says he believes in the unbelievable, he's really just talking about teammate Dennis Smith, Jr.

The freshman point guard, who will likely be an NBA lottery pick, should he decide to come out after this season, scored a career-best 32 points during NC State's 84-82 win at Duke on Monday. It was the Wolfpack's first win at Cameron Indoor Stadium since 1995.

"The man, he believe in himself, he believe he can do anything. That's why he gave us that [effort]," said Kapita, who had his first double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. "We believe in him too. He's unbelievable."

That's the dilemma Smith has faced all season. When does he need to be unbelievable? The Wolfpack lean on him as much as any single player on any team in the nation. When he has struggled in games against Creighton, Illinois and, most recently, Wake Forest, the team has followed.

"I feel responsible for every game, whether we win or lose," Smith said. "I know it's a team effort, but a lot of it is going to be on me."

Smith is comfortable shouldering that load. He has learned the balance of how to take over a game yet keep his teammates involved.

During the final minutes Monday, Smith floated freely between giving up the big shot (his assist to Maverick Rowan for a 3-pointer with 1:57 made it a two-score game) and scoring baskets himself (his layup with 1:26 left gave the Pack a 79-73 advantage).

"There are times when somebody has to quiet the crowd," Smith said. "Sometimes, it's me. Sometimes, it's someone else. But at the time, it happened to be me, and I took what they gave me."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally shows up. Had to have been my computer