• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAABB and FBI investigation death pool

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IBHtOdN.jpg

fbi_federal_bureau_of_investigation_t.jpg

I should wear one of these to the Duke/Miami football game Friday night.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal's an interesting case. His whole thing was "Come to Kentucky and you'll end up being a first rounder". I think it would be hilarious if he came out of this clean. I used to despise the guy but at least he's honest about what he is (unless he gets wrapped up in this shit as well).
Cal used to be dirty, no question. I'd be stunned if UK catches any flak. People have been looking for Dirt on Cal since he got to UK. I'm sure it would surprise 99% of the nation...but the guy is running a clean program...now

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how he isn't. His recruiting pitch is better than anyone's but with the talent he draws in this environment it's idiotic to think he just happens to find the 3-4 5* recruits who aren't on the take every single year

Meh... contrast to popular opinion, Cal's previous issues at Umass and Memphis had absolutely nothing to do with recruiting violations. I'm not going to get into the details because there's something called "Google" that can actually shed light on all of that.

That said, I will gladly eat crow if something comes of this regarding UK but I don't think for a second that Cal has to pay his players to come and play for him. His pitch is simple... come to UK and get more exposure than basically any other program and in 8 months your going to make more money than you probably spend.

Besides, Coach K is doing the exact same thing as Cal now a days so you can't mention one without the other unless you're simply a hater in my opinion.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... contrast to popular opinion, Cal's previous issues at Umass and Memphis had absolutely nothing to do with recruiting violations. I'm not going to get into the details because there's something called "Google" that can actually shed light on all of that.

That said, I will gladly eat crow if something comes of this regarding UK but I don't think for a second that Cal has to pay his players to come and play for him. His pitch is simple... come to UK and get more exposure than basically any other program and in 8 months your going to make more money than you probably spend.

Besides, Coach K is doing the exact same thing as Cal now a days so you can't mention one without the other unless you're simply a hater in my opinion.

You gotta be joking dude.

Not only have Cal's previous programs been nailed, but UK itself has a history of violations and dirty coaches, including Rick Pitino himself.

I mean, there's a chance that Cal has been clean since he has been at UK, but I wouldn't bet anything more than the money in my pockets on it.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta be joking dude.

Not only have Cal's previous programs been nailed, but UK itself has a history of violations and dirty coaches, including Rick Pitino himself.

I mean, there's a chance that Cal has been clean since he has been at UK, but I wouldn't bet anything more than the money in my pockets on it.

Sorry but I've been on vacation so I'll address this quickly and hopefully educate you a little on Cal's past.

#1 - Umass: Camby was a Jr in college when agents got to him because anyone outside of Stevie Wonder knew the guy was going to be a top pick. Can you explain to me why Cal would have been "ok" with Camby taking money 3 years AFTER being at Umass? That situation was not a recruiting violation by any stretch of your imagination.

#2 - Memphis: Not once was anyone, including the NCAA sniffing around Cal because of benefits to Rose to anyone else. This also had absolutely ZERO to do with a recruiting issue. The NCAA cleared Rose on two separate occasions to play and it wasn't until well after the fact they couldn't "prove" he actually took his SAT. On the flip side, they also could not "prove" that he didn't.

All that said, I don't think Cal is an angel by any means. I think every coach across the board looks for ways to toe the line but I don't believe for a second that Cal has to pay players to come and play for him.

If I'm wrong, then I'll eat crow and be the first to agree with him being fired.