• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA rejects early June signing period

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June football signing period rejected by NCAA

This would have been AWESOME in my opinion. Allow kids a few days to sign with their team of choice in June. That way, if a kid is truly committed, he would sign his LOI in June, and the school could look at other recruits. If he doesn't sign in June, then the school would have a better indication about his loyalty.

I do hope they bump it up to December, but I really liked the June idea as I'd rather coaches work on game film, and their teams then to consistently spend time making sure that someone else isn't "wooing" their guy from them.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is sad. Offers should be binding, but not in perpetuity. You make an offer its binding for 1 month. Kid can sign or gamble. That seems fair to both sides to me. I am talking real offers. Not Bama saying they have an offer for a kid if he performs well in their camp.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why recruits can't just sign whenever they want. If a recruit wants to end the process in June and have a peaceful senior year where coaches aren't hounding them, then why not let them?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think they should give recruits a 3 day signing period in the summer (I like mid to late July because most summer football camps are done by then). If they don't sign during that 3 day period, then the next chance they get would be the February date. Most teams would get the majority of their big recruits off the list, and then they can spend less time on recruiting and more time on game prep. Although, all it may do is push recruiting down the list, and then Juniors would just get all the recruiting time normally given to seniors.

I still like the early signing period, so hopefully the December date gets chosen.