• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Teammate Draft: CHAT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A NBA draft were we do a teammates draft. Stipulation is that each pick that you make is followed by your next pick having to have been teammates with the previous drafted player for at least 1 season. You cannot use the same franchise to draft teammates from for more than 2 picks in a row.

Rules:
-15 Player draft (3 lineups)
-Draft Pool Eligibility: 1977 to 2007.
-After the a GM's 1st pick, GM's second player drafted must have been teammates with 1st pick for at least 1 year. GM's third player drafted must have been teammates with the second pick for 1 season. etc.
-You cannot draft more than two players consecutively from a franchise.
-2 Wild Card/Reset Picks - can be used at any point to reset the designated teammate you draft. After wild card is used, the next player taken, must have been a teammate with the wild card.
-Your top 6 picks have to be dispersed (2 players each) on the 3 lineups. After that you can place whomever you would like on any lineup.
- You will have one lineup that plays one half and the other two lineups with play a quarter.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi does one team play a half and the other two play a quarter each or are we just judging the best 3 lineups?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi does one team play a half and the other two play a quarter each or are we just judging the best 3 lineups?

I hadn't worked that out, but initially I thought of doing a 3 game matchup. I thought after the draft was completed, the GM's could submit their 3 teams based on a 1-3 ranking, 1 being the best team and 3 being their weakest lineup. That way we could do the voting based on each GM's 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3. Makes for better parity I think when trying to decide which team was better overall.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't worked that out, but initially I thought of doing a 3 game matchup. I thought after the draft was completed, the GM's could submit their 3 teams based on a 1-3 ranking, 1 being the best team and 3 being their weakest lineup. That way we could do the voting based on each GM's 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3. Makes for better parity I think when trying to decide which team was better overall.

Sounds good to me

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would let your best five start quarters one and four.
I would also expand the years. Gonna be some scrubs because GMs are gonna take your planned second option alot, so already gonna have some scrubs

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't this contradict the whole purpose of this?

No, it's to find links to teammates through other means. If you draft a Celtics or Lakers player, it gives you a huge advantage in picking teammates if you get to keep continually choosing players of that same team. Instead at max you can select two Celtics in a row then your next pick has to have played with your second Celtics team on another franchise.

So that's why I put in the stipulation that you cannot draft more than two players consecutively from the same franchise. If you say you wanted to go Celtics, Celtics, Lakers, Celtics, Celtics, you're absolutely welcome to. But you can't just continue to pick all Celtics players.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would let your best five start quarters one and four.
I would also expand the years. Gonna be some scrubs because GMs are gonna take your planned second option alot, so already gonna have some scrubs

Personally I like that the teams aren't going to be supremely loaded. I don't think they're gonna be scrubs but you'd definitely have to find possibly just all-star players instead of HOF players.

I went with the 1977 draft pool because that's a year after the NBA and ABA merged. I figured it would be cleaner in finding teammates without having to deal with that whole mess. But if you want to open the draft pool, I wouldn't have any problems with it.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's to find links to teammates through other means. If you draft a Celtics or Lakers player, it gives you a huge advantage in picking teammates if you get to keep continually choosing players of that same team. Instead at max you can select two Celtics in a row then your next pick has to have played with your second Celtics team on another franchise.

So that's why I put in the stipulation that you cannot draft more than two players consecutively from the same franchise. If you say you wanted to go Celtics, Celtics, Lakers, Celtics, Celtics, you're absolutely welcome to. But you can't just continue to pick all Celtics players.
I just think it is going to be hard enough trying to connect all your picks with teammates. Adding this stipulation seems like overkill. If your first pick was KAJ and your 2nd pick was Magic, you are basically forced to use a reset since Magic only played for the Lakers.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it is going to be hard enough trying to connect all your picks with teammates. Adding this stipulation seems like overkill. If your first pick was KAJ and your 2nd pick was Magic, you are basically forced to use a reset since Magic only played for the Lakers.

Yeah and that's part of the challenge. It limits you in terms of just simply taking the best overall talent at all times. You'd have to think a bit ahead on to who you can pair with a guy because of what other teammates he might have had in a career. You may opt to take a player a little lesser than the best player on board because it gives you more options for a teammate. Do you use your WC's early on to get the best talent, or do you try to save them until you get stuck? If you use them too early, you may have a lot less back end talent. Or if you use them too late you may have missed out on greater players earlier. I think there's definitely a lot more to think about with this draft than most others.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"more to think about" = "harder" = "more research" = "not good for lazy, I mean busy people"

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like one where I may have a few screw ups lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quicker we start this draft the quicker we'll be chalking the fields

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should be allowed to just name the player in round one, and name the team he was on when you pick his teammate in round two. It gives away too much to call the team in round one

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will set up the draft when I can unless @Ritzarmy can do it. I have been swamped at work