• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA Summer League 2018

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no other guys besides non-prospects played nearly that many minutes/games at Hart's age.

The VAST majority of 2nd year guys you see there are players that are still super young, the Giles', Monk's, Jackson's, Bam's, OG's, etc. unless they are non prospects.

Keep focusing on that age, since teams wanted 29 guys before the Lakers drafted Hart with the last pick of the first round. At least half of those guys are also playing in the summer league this year. He supposedly didn't have the talent, according to the draft. So, he's developing his game further in the summer league. He played in the G league at times last year, and only had as many starts/minutes as he did last year due to the Lakers' rash of injuries down the stretch. He's making as most he can of his opportunities to prove himself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep focusing on that age, since teams wanted 29 guys before the Lakers drafted Hart with the last pick of the first round. At least half of those guys are also playing in the summer league this year. He supposedly didn't have the talent, according to the draft. So, he's developing his game further in the summer league. He played in the G league at times last year, and only had as many starts/minutes as he did last year due to the Lakers' rash of injuries down the stretch. He's making as most he can of his opportunities to prove himself.
I am just saying its not a typical path, and that if he is a real NBA talent, it should not surprise anyone that he is kicking ass in the summer league at the age of 23 as a 4 year college player and 2nd year pro and that i think one of the primary reasons, if not the primary reason, for playing him so much despite his age and status is that the Lakers want to get his trade value up- and beating up on guys that will be bagging groceries in a couple weeks is a valuable way of doing so.

Having said that- if Colin Sexton is playing a ton of minutes at the age of 23 in summer league- the Cavs are FUCKED. lol. I feel good that the Sexton, at the age of 19 went toe to toe with a 23 year old 4 year college player in his 2nd NBA season, and played very well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill say right now...

if i had to pick between Colin Sexton and Lonzo Ball- i take Sexton and dont think twice.

Also, having said that- the more and more I read about Kuzma, the more and more I think he is a terrific fit with LeBron- almost as much as i think Lonzo is a terrible fit with him. I think Kuzma's potential as a stretch 4 is very very intriguing- especially with his athleticism.

Hart seems like he will be solid- but there is only so much upside i see from most 4 year college players- like Malcolm Brogodon- wins the ROY as a 4 year college player because he is jsut so much more ready for the league than the average highly talented but still a kid 19 year old that is drafted into the league. Hart seems to be a little bit of a poor mans Brogdon if you ask me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill say right now...

if i had to pick between Colin Sexton and Lonzo Ball- i take Sexton and dont think twice.

Also, having said that- the more and more I read about Kuzma, the more and more I think he is a terrific fit with LeBron- almost as much as i think Lonzo is a terrible fit with him. I think Kuzma's potential as a stretch 4 is very very intriguing- especially with his athleticism.

Hart seems like he will be solid- but there is only so much upside i see from most 4 year college players- like Malcolm Brogodon- wins the ROY as a 4 year college player because he is jsut so much more ready for the league than the average highly talented but still a kid 19 year old that is drafted into the league. Hart seems to be a little bit of a poor mans Brogdon if you ask me.

Yeah but you're an idiot

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Josh Hart is too old...

and Lonzo sucks...

and...

and...

ok, i Wiggy'd enough...:heh:
I mean...cmon....what is your opinion on Lonzo? you still think he goes #2 overall if a draft was re-done today? Considering his knee issues, his dad, and his shooting woes, its clear his stock has fallen since he was taken near the very top of the lotto. Its not good when you are 20 years old and getting PRP injections and mensicus surgery brah. Look at Kyrie- how often do knee injuries get BETTER when you are jumping up and down, running and cutting for the great majority of your time on this earth. lol. How does it go in the movie Animal House? "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" ?--- "Hurt, with no shot, and a loudmouth dad is no way to draft a lotto pick son".

Of course you totally breeze over the section where I said I believe Kuzma will be a very good fit around LeBron and holds significant potential as a stretch 4 that also has enough athleticism to play a litttle defense. He obviously cant play against REAL big men- but there is a paucity of "real big men" in today's NBA and he probably can face most power forwards without getting beat up size wise on the boards and in the post.

And I mean- I think Hart can and will be a solid player- but typically the upside on 4 year college starters that come into the NBA is a hindrance. As I said- think of Malcolm Brogdon- a 4 year college starter no one dreamed would be ROY. He had experience and was able to contribute right away, but his upside was limited. I think Hart is a fairly similar situation - kind of a lower-middle class Brogdon. He is a little bit better athlete than Brogdon though i think--- maybe not as polished skil lwise- but id rather have the beter athleticism and work on the game i guess.

Ingram is a hard guy for me to get a read on. I am already on record as saying, while i dont think he will become a top 25 player in his career- i absolutely think he could be one of those guys who is a top 30-50 player and is a significant contributor on a championship team. Will he one day be good enough to be the #2 on a championship contender? eh...maybe? A #3? I could def see that. ---like i said- someone almost like a CJ McCollum or Al Horford- very good for a very long time, but never one of the best of the very best.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...cmon....what is your opinion on Lonzo? you still think he goes #2 overall if a draft was re-done today? Considering his knee issues, his dad, and his shooting woes, its clear his stock has fallen since he was taken near the very top of the lotto. Its not good when you are 20 years old and getting PRP injections and mensicus surgery brah. Look at Kyrie- how often do knee injuries get BETTER when you are jumping up and down, running and cutting for the great majority of your time on this earth. lol. How does it go in the movie Animal House? "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" ?--- "Hurt, with no shot, and a loudmouth dad is no way to draft a lotto pick son".

Of course you totally breeze over the section where I said I believe Kuzma will be a very good fit around LeBron and holds significant potential as a stretch 4 that also has enough athleticism to play a litttle defense. He obviously cant play against REAL big men- but there is a paucity of "real big men" in today's NBA and he probably can face most power forwards without getting beat up size wise on the boards and in the post.

And I mean- I think Hart can and will be a solid player- but typically the upside on 4 year college starters that come into the NBA is a hindrance. As I said- think of Malcolm Brogdon- a 4 year college starter no one dreamed would be ROY. He had experience and was able to contribute right away, but his upside was limited. I think Hart is a fairly similar situation - kind of a lower-middle class Brogdon. He is a little bit better athlete than Brogdon though i think--- maybe not as polished skil lwise- but id rather have the beter athleticism and work on the game i guess.

Ingram is a hard guy for me to get a read on. I am already on record as saying, while i dont think he will become a top 25 player in his career- i absolutely think he could be one of those guys who is a top 30-50 player and is a significant contributor on a championship team. Will he one day be good enough to be the #2 on a championship contender? eh...maybe? A #3? I could def see that. ---like i said- someone almost like a CJ McCollum or Al Horford- very good for a very long time, but never one of the best of the very best.

easy as far as Lonzo. he was just a rook and i'll give him another year or 2 before i declare him garbage, as i'm sure ANYONE with a brain would...

not all that difficult...

the rest's just blah-blah...

lol, who knew a Summer league win was this important to you...?:lol:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo's stock has only fallen for the uneducated fan that only sees points and shooting percentages. Anyone that realizes that defense, passing/court vision, rebounding, etc are just as, or perhaps more important than scoring from a point guard knows he's a special talent that just needs to work on his jumper.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean really. transitioning this to "let's look at the Lakers's roster" because your Sexton prediction got laid to rest...

as i said, just Summer league, "brah"...

#izzatcryinihear?:dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean really. transitioning this to "let's look at the Lakers's roster" because your Sexton prediction got laid to rest...

as i said, just Summer league, "brah"...

#izzatcryinihear?:dhd:
what "Sexton" prediction?

Sexton has been one of the better players in summer league, and if anything has surpassed expectations. And hes doing that at the age of 19 years old.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo's stock has only fallen for the uneducated fan that only sees points and shooting percentages. Anyone that realizes that defense, passing/court vision, rebounding, etc are just as, or perhaps more important than scoring from a point guard knows he's a special talent that just needs to work on his jumper.
cmon be honest man.

you seriously think Lonzo goes #2 again if the draft was re done today? there is no chance.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree w/ everything you said. But it's not uneducated to seriously question his FT%. If he puts the proper time in he probably can improve on it. But not enough to not be a liability on the court late in close games this year. You don't want him @ the charity stripe w/ the game on the line.

Outside of that though there's no doubt he has alotta potential.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what "Sexton" prediction?

Sexton has been one of the better players in summer league, and if anything has surpassed expectations. And hes doing that at the age of 19 years old.

Summer league though...I admit he looked very impressive yesterday, but summer league man.

Josh Selby won MVP at 20 years old.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy needs to worry about his own shit team.

His boy Sexton who is meant to be the new saviour of the NBA according to him just got fucking destroyed by Josh Hart and Svi

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked over the 2017 NBA draft and if I had to do a redraft I get really stuck after the 2nd pick. I'm actually even torn about who I would draft 1st too, Tatum or Mitchell. There were lots of injuries to top tier players, some guys who started slow and finished strong and vice versa. I honestly have no clue how I'd do a draft over right now, based solely off of the talent of players. It'd be much easier to see based on need of the teams.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy needs to worry about his own shit team.

His boy Sexton who is meant to be the new saviour of the NBA according to him just got fucking destroyed by Josh Hart and Svi

didn't even mention that kid, and keep saying Summer League, but man, this friggin' kid can shoot...

again props to Magic on this one...

Svi can be scary if this carries into the real season...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer league though...I admit he looked very impressive yesterday, but summer league man.

Josh Selby won MVP at 20 years old.
yahi think for the most part- its better not to look terrible than it is to look good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ everything you said. But it's not uneducated to seriously question his FT%. If he puts the proper time in he probably can improve on it. But not enough to not be a liability on the court late in close games this year. You don't want him @ the charity stripe w/ the game on the line.

Outside of that though there's no doubt he has alotta potential.
his FT% and shooting technique overall, his health going forward, and the baggage his dad brings. I dont think any of those things are outside the realm of relevancy.

I absoltuely think that Ball can be a Ricky-Rubio-Like passer, and a solid defender, and an elite rebounder for a guard---- but in todays NBA you cant be a guard that shoots 50% from the FT line.