• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA Summer League 2018

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Resting" players during summer league means they were just hungover. If the league wants to cut this horseshit out once & for all they'll move the league to city where you can't have any fun. Provo, Utah!

Or Boston

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lifelong Knicks fan (40) years, is it actually possible that with these Knox and Robinson kids , and teaming them up with Porzingis and Nkitilina, that there's actually a glimmer of a light of a spark of an ember of a lifeboat of a prayer of a hope that he knicks might finally be on the right track to building something?? It can't be, I better climb back into my hole and come out again in 3 years.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lifelong Knicks fan (40) years, is it actually possible that with these Knox and Robinson kids , and teaming them up with Porzingis and Nkitilina, that there's actually a glimmer of a light of a spark of an ember of a lifeboat of a prayer of a hope that he knicks might finally be on the right track to building something?? It can't be, I better climb back into my hole and come out again in 3 years.
He'll No, sorry

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you sign Butler and Irving next summer, the Knicks will be the second or 3rd best in the East. They won't win anything, but they should be good.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you sign Butler and Irving next summer, the Knicks will be the second or 3rd best in the East. They won't win anything, but they should be good.
....and landing both guys is very possible for both New York Franchises.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna be a tough year with no Porzingis.

But, there is actually hope.

Both of your rookies look like keepers.

Maybe Frank turns into a poor mans Avery Bradley.

But, if you don't get Kyrie next year, you will regret not taking Dennis Smith Jr. last draft.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna be a tough year with no Porzingis.

But, there is actually hope.

Both of your rookies look like keepers.

Maybe Frank turns into a poor mans Avery Bradley.

But, if you don't get Kyrie next year, you will regret not taking Dennis Smith Jr. last draft.

Eh.

I think DSJ is overrated. Think he will be a good pro. Not the kind of player teams regret taking though, IMO.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

I think DSJ is overrated. Think he will be a good pro. Not the kind of player teams regret taking though, IMO.
I'm attracted to shinny things.

I think he has star potential.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your team is still owned by James Dolan. Have fun in your hole!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm attracted to shinny things.

I think he has star potential.

I could be way off base, after all he is just a rookie.

But, he just seems to me that he is going to be one of those guys that posts numbers inefficiently and makes a lot of highlight plays, but doesn't really do much to help his team.

I hope I am wrong, but that is the vibe I get from him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really thought he was a lock for the Knicks when he fell to them. I was surprised to say the least...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so as far as tonight's game, we just have to beat the Cavs to get to the title game...

plus, let's see this Sexton kid WiggityWack's been raving about...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be way off base, after all he is just a rookie.

But, he just seems to me that he is going to be one of those guys that posts numbers inefficiently and makes a lot of highlight plays, but doesn't really do much to help his team.

I hope I am wrong, but that is the vibe I get from him.

DSJ for some reason kind of reminds me of Steve Francis. Maybe it's just both of their extreme athleticism from the PG position, but both attack the basket in a similar way. Francis had a much better handle though at least from what I've seen.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DSJ for some reason kind of reminds me of Steve Francis. Maybe it's just both of their extreme athleticism from the PG position, but both attack the basket in a similar way. Francis had a much better handle though at least from what I've seen.

Francis, the guy who single-handedly killed Vancouver as an NBA market, lol. Francis had a lot more hype, was drafted 2nd overall. I can see the similarities though.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since Lebron want back to Cleveland from Miami the Cavs have had a winning percentage of less than 18% when Lebron doesn't play. And that was with Kyrie on the team.

They're probably not going to be the worst team in the league but barring a miracle I don't see them hitting close to 30
I just think that they'll have to readjust now that LBJ is gone & if that means Love goes back to playing with his back to the basket more than just being a spot up shooter that will benefit them more. I also think there will be less pressure on them in terms of winner & a lot of the time good things come when guys can be themselves.