• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Playoffs Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can have our own for our series and some of this thread will be Jazz related, just wanted a place to put things.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this elsewhere and wanted to share:
I think everybody wins tonight. The only remote chance for an upset barring a huge surprise is OKC losing in Miami but the Heat have not been playing their best basketball as of late and they might not even mind dropping from the #6 spot to avoid the surging Sixers. I think it's very implausible that the Spurs, Pels or T'Wolves lose their respective games, and that holds true for OKC's final game on Wednesday as well (vs Memphis).

The Nuggets vs Blazers matchup has some implications in case of a Nuggets win, should the Jazz then beat the Warriors and lose the final one in Portland - it would increase the chances of a 4-team tie at 48 wins for the 3-to-6 spots. These teams would be Portland, Utah, OKC and the winner of the final San Antonio vs New Orleans matchup. In either case, Utah would get the #4 spot, facing either the Spurs or the Pelicans in the 1st round. It would also mean that the Jazz would have a chance to make up for an upset loss in the Warriors game by beating the Blazers, and could still get HCA.

If the Blazers beat the Nuggets, the Jazz can still grab the #3 spot if they win out as they'd own the tie-breaker. In case of a loss, there would be a big chance of a 3-team tie at 48 with OKC and either Spurs or Pels, which would result in a #5 spot and a 1st round matchup vs the Thunder.

Bottom line, it's still complicated and the Jazz still have to beat the Warriors to secure a top 6 spot, but we as fans should indeed be rooting for Denver tonight as it opens up better possibilities. As for the team, it's simpler: the only thing left to do for them is just win out and get that #3 spot without worrying about anything else.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the national TV games tonight are interesting to me.

Clippers are out of the playoffs, and I'll see the Pelicans in a week in the playoffs.

Tuesday is a bad double header too.

Wednesday is a good double header. Milwaukee vs. Philly has seeding implications, and so will Utah vs. Portland.

The national TV games on Monday and Tuesday only have seeding implications for one team at most, in each matchup, therefore one team doesn't have anything else to play for. So it's not as exciting. That's why they don't interest me.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad shooting night for both teams. Only six players shot 50% or better with one of those six being one for one and others being three for six.

Pretty bad to lose by 20 to a team of shoots 36.something%. The teams had 15/16 free to throw made. I haven't looked more, but it is a combination of three point shots, turnovers, and transition, probably. Timberwolves shot a better field goal percent then the Rockets. Did not look at true shooting efficiency.

Timberwolves vs. Rockets - Box Score - April 18, 2018 - ESPN