• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami doesn't need Melo. They need a Big and a PG who can dish the basketball, LBJ cant do it all for Miami. Wade really needs to work on his 3 because he can drive as much. I think Miami some what killed what Bosh use to be good at. Post and rebounds. By having him outside all the time Miami struggles with rebounds.
Bosh doesn't want to pound down low anymore. He said it himself.

In an interview with NBA.com’s John Schuhmann, the two-time NBA champion disclosed that his post-up game is not necessarily his greatest strength, adhering instead to the Heat’s team philosophy when it comes to executing their offensive sets.

Bosh added that he’d rather conserve his energy to use it on the defensive end, with him being Miami’s foremost defender in pick-and-roll situations carried out by the opposing team.

“I don’t bang with anybody anymore,” he said. “It’s a tired thing for me. It’s not my strength and I understand that. So, be smart and play within the team offense, but be aggressive at the same time.”
When asked why he doesn’t post up, he said it’s a matter of energy. Simply, he uses too much on the other end of the floor as the Heat’s primary pick-and-roll defender in their aggressive scheme.
“It gets tiring,” he said. “What they ask us to do, to blitz the screen-and-roll every single one, close out and get back. I was already 20-30 pounds lighter than everybody else, so all that stuff just takes my energy.”

https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/news/chris-bosh-does-not-want-122130689--nba.html

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize he had multiple option years. I agree he would be an idiot to opt out. That puts Miami in an even tougher situation.

And it's going to get James thinking long and hard about what to do next season. James is already making below his market value. If Wade still wants to contend and win titles, then he needs to realize he has to take a pay cut. Guy needs 30 games off in the regular season and doesn't play B2B games anymore shouldn't be making 20mil per.

He's officially D-cline

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In an interview with NBA.com’s John Schuhmann, the two-time NBA champion disclosed that his post-up game is not necessarily his greatest strength, adhering instead to the Heat’s team philosophy when it comes to executing their offensive sets.

Bosh added that he’d rather conserve his energy to use it on the defensive end, with him being Miami’s foremost defender in pick-and-roll situations carried out by the opposing team.

“I don’t bang with anybody anymore,” he said. “It’s a tired thing for me. It’s not my strength and I understand that. So, be smart and play within the team offense, but be aggressive at the same time.”
When asked why he doesn’t post up, he said it’s a matter of energy. Simply, he uses too much on the other end of the floor as the Heat’s primary pick-and-roll defender in their aggressive scheme.
“It gets tiring,” he said. “What they ask us to do, to blitz the screen-and-roll every single one, close out and get back. I was already 20-30 pounds lighter than everybody else, so all that stuff just takes my energy.”

Spolestra's defensive schemes ran this team into the ground, you could see their effort to dig deep and try to gut this series out but it just wasn't there while the Spurs team was relentless in every aspect of their game. I don't blame Bosh for not wanting to bang anymore since he was exhausted from trying to compensate for a weak defensive inside presence.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade will need to re-sign for less. But as was pointed out, he's due $40 mil for the next two years. Who knows what he looks like after. If I were Wade, make a deal that makes sense for you AND the team. Something along the lines of 4 years $55 mil. That way the money is spread out over a longer term and Miami can sign more quality players where the team isn't as hindered when he's not being played as much. It also prolongs his career. Miami cannot resign Wade for 5 years as there's something in the CBA about contracts going past a players age of 36. Just in case anyone was wondering.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else notice how OLD Wade looked? Im not talking about his play or legs, I am talking about 'physically' he looks old. Its like age just hit him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the core...this was the matchup that lost the series imo...Bosh is not a 5 and although Duncan is often listed as a 4, he's played a lot in the low post as a 5 and Bosh was overmatched. Coach Pop milked that matchup...not with 1 on 1 play from Duncan, but they knew MIA would have to dbl Duncan and that would start the ball movement and the extra passing led to open players.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade will need to re-sign for less. But as was pointed out, he's due $40 mil for the next two years. Who knows what he looks like after. If I were Wade, make a deal that makes sense for you AND the team. Something along the lines of 4 years $55 mil. That way the money is spread out over a longer term and Miami can sign more quality players where the team isn't as hindered when he's not being played as much. It also prolongs his career. Miami cannot resign Wade for 5 years as there's something in the CBA about contracts going past a players age of 36. Just in case anyone was wondering.

On paper that makes sense, but Wade really looks done...2 more seasons will be a serious challenge, much less 4 more seasons.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else notice how OLD Wade looked? Im not talking about his play or legs, I am talking about 'physically' he looks old. Its like age just hit him.

Unfortunately, that's how it tends to happen. One day they're a top 5 player, you wake up the next day and they're old.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Curse Lives On:

BqOJzAECAAA7aQ2.jpg

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
h68798BBA

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wade's done as in he needs to retire. But I think he needs to re-invent himself similar to what Manu did. The Spurs just knew how to defend Wade by clogging up the paint.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"My favorite moment of the night, was actually NOT Manu Ginobli driving through traffic for a stunning left-handed hammer as the Spurs took off like a fighter jet in the 3rd quarter.

No, it was after another blitzing sequence – the one where Mills and Ginobli hit three bombs in a row, sandwiched around a Tiago Splitter stufferoo of Dwayne Wade.

The lead ballooned to 21, and the arena was on T-I-L-T.
The Heat call timeout, and the Spurs retreat to their sideline.

What happened at that moment, was the perfect embodiment of this team. Instead of jumping around like jackasses, like the game was already over (it was), every single one of the Spurs players stood calmly in a circle, looking into the middle where their coach was waiting for the crowd to simmer down just enough so he could even be heard over the deafening noise.
Great moment. Great visual."

Czabe summed up the Spurs so perfectly with this observation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"My favorite moment of the night, was actually NOT Manu Ginobli driving through traffic for a stunning left-handed hammer as the Spurs took off like a fighter jet in the 3rd quarter.

No, it was after another blitzing sequence – the one where Mills and Ginobli hit three bombs in a row, sandwiched around a Tiago Splitter stufferoo of Dwayne Wade.

The lead ballooned to 21, and the arena was on T-I-L-T.
The Heat call timeout, and the Spurs retreat to their sideline.

What happened at that moment, was the perfect embodiment of this team. Instead of jumping around like jackasses, like the game was already over (it was), every single one of the Spurs players stood calmly in a circle, looking into the middle where their coach was waiting for the crowd to simmer down just enough so he could even be heard over the deafening noise.
Great moment. Great visual."

Czabe summed up the Spurs so perfectly with this observation.

Perfect!! That is the Spurs to a T!! No primal screams, no chest pounding, no strutting around like a peacock. Just playing basketball.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, that's how it tends to happen. One day they're a top 5 player, you wake up the next day and they're old.

I assume - that you are speaking from personal experience after you looked in the mirror :lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why the Spurs with Popovich as coach will always be a contender. They play basketball. They celebrate later.