• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knew was was pretty much guaranteed a spot in the Finals.
That is the definition of stacked in NBA terms to me.

He knew he would be on the favorite to win the East... but you could say the same thing for a lot of eastern conference teams with LeBron.

Also, people forget the Bulls perception going into that season. Per-season, Cavs were 5/2 odds, and Bulls were 6/1.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was near guaranteed a spot in the Finals no matter what team he would go to in the East....HE makes the team "stacked".

Durant? HELL NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....lol

Cavs are a lock to make the finals every year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with good health - as the East is presently constituted it sure looks like no one will challenge.

Boston and Indiana - and maybe Toronto could make it interesting with another move or two....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this is being overstated a bit.

The only difference between the roster from when he announced his decision and opening day was Love -> Wiggins.

I agree that is a big improvement for the Cavs, but it doesn't feel as drastic of a difference as you seem to be making it out to be.

The Cavs overturned 2/3 of their roster. The rosters he ultimately played with and the rosters from the previous season were drastically different. Again, no problem with him doing what he did, but to criticize KD for doing, as some of your fellow Cavs fans have done, is pretty hypocritical.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with good health - as the East is presently constituted it sure looks like no one will challenge.

Boston and Indiana - and maybe Toronto could make it interesting with another move or two....

Warriors still have to play Spurs.etc..
Say what you want about Durant, he stayed in the West we he had decent options in the East.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even without players they still easily make it. Lets not act there is parity in the nba lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vegas is currently giving the Cavs and Warriors the same odds for making the Finals (1/3).

The west and east each feature only 3 teams with odds better than 30/1... (Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Cavs, Celtics, Raptors)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The west and east each feature only 3 teams with odds better than 30/1... (Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Cavs, Celtics, Raptors)[/QUOTE]

Like i said. The cavs are a 100% lock to go to the finals

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have Cavs fans downplaying the talent on their roster and Heat/Lakers/Warriors fans overstating the talent on the Cavs roster.... you know the conversation has gone sideways somewhere.

I'm not sure anything is being overstated or downplayed. All I've said is that both joined stacked teams and it's hypocritical to call KD a coward for joining a stacked team and not say the same about Lebron.

As I stated earlier, it's not as if either of them have chosen the Kobe, Timmy, Dirk option of sticking with one team for their entire career.

It's also not as if either of them chose to join the 14 win Sixers or 17 win Lakers (although I don't think Lebron has signed yet. lol)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... that sounds really familiar. Where have I heard that before? :D

I'm pretty sure I said 35% chance, even when down 3-1.

Of course it's really not 'never' when you have James, but I'm liking the Warriors chances, and so must the Cavs fans since none are willing to bet on them.:D

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure anything is being overstated or downplayed. All I've said is that both joined stacked teams and it's hypocritical to call KD a coward for joining a stacked team and not say the same about Lebron.

As I stated earlier, it's not as if either of them have chosen the Kobe, Timmy, Dirk option of sticking woth one team for their entire career.

It's also not as if either of them chose to join the 14 win Sixers or 17 win Lakers (although I don't think Lebron has signed yet. lol)

Exactly. Doesnt really matter how many stars or the severity of the star. Youre still joing "star players" same thing

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Doesnt really matter how many stars or the severity of the star. Youre still joing "star players" same thing

I understand that argument... but we don't have to pretend like the talent is exactly the same in order to make that argument.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of you are on record as saying that the Warriors - without Durant - are a better team than the Cavs - with LeBron.

And now the same people are arguing that the Cavs without LeBron are the same thing as the Warriors without Durant.

:scratch:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero problem with Durant's decision. I haven't criticized it, and I don't plan to.

But most people would agree that Durant is coming into a FAR, FAR better situation than LeBron ever did.

Its ok to admit that and still think the situations are comparable.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero problem with Durant's decision. I haven't criticized it, and I don't plan to.

But most people would agree that Durant is coming into a FAR, FAR better situation than LeBron ever did.

Its ok to admit that and still think the situations are comparable.

Hes coming into a better situation. When lebron joined cleveland they were the favorite right out of the gate. And then came the home grown warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.