• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Exec on Bizarre Markelle Fultz Shooting Form: 'This Is Mind-Boggling'

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in a move that should surprise absolutely no one, Fultz is going to start off on the bench. That makes complete sense to me but I'm sure there will be a lot of hand wringing about it and talk about how much of a flop Fultz is.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in a move that should surprise absolutely no one, Fultz is going to start off on the bench. That makes complete sense to me but I'm sure there will be a lot of hand wringing about it and talk about how much of a flop Fultz is.

What kind of shoulder injury prevents you from shooting from the outside, yet allows you to drive to the rim and has a low chance of getting worse?

That leads me to believe he doesn't have an injury, but screwed up his shooting form during the summer and now the Sixers are trying to hide it. Of course, we won't know until he starts taking shots from beyond the arc.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of shoulder injury prevents you from shooting from the outside, yet allows you to drive to the rim and has a low chance of getting worse?

That leads me to believe he doesn't have an injury, but screwed up his shooting form during the summer and now the Sixers are trying to hide it. Of course, we won't know until he starts taking shots from beyond the arc.

Why do you think they have kept him out of the preseason games?

He changed his jump shot and his free throw shot. He either did this due to some sort of injury or he did it because the team wanted him to. I find it extremely unlikely that he just decided to change his shot on his own.

And given the butt ugly free throw shot he now has I have a hard time believing that was done by design.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I think it makes sense that they stagger Simmons & Fultz. (key playmakers) As long as Fultz gets at least 20 minutes / game -- it doesn't really make sense if he starts or not.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think they have kept him out of the preseason games?

He changed his jump shot and his free throw shot. He either did this due to some sort of injury or he did it because the team wanted him to. I find it extremely unlikely that he just decided to change his shot on his own.

And given the butt ugly free throw shot he now has I have a hard time believing that was done by design.

I have a hard time believing they needed to break his shot down and start from scratch.
If he did hurt his shoulder over the summer and completely revamped his shot to compensate, the initial results are not too pretty.....

At this point, I really do not know what to think.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think it makes sense that they stagger Simmons & Fultz. (key playmakers) As long as Fultz gets at least 20 minutes / game -- it doesn't really make sense if he starts or not.

Agreed. Point guards rarely are productive as rookies, especially point guards with a single year of college ball under their belts.

As long as Simmons stays healthy, they really don't need Fultz to run the point. Instead he will likely play off the ball when Simmons on the court and play the point when he isn't. But they SHOULD ease him into it. There is no benefit to rushing him. If the Sixers season depends on Fultz being a big contributor they are screwed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing they needed to break his shot down and start from scratch.
If he did hurt his shoulder over the summer and completely revamped his shot to compensate, the initial results are not too pretty.....

At this point, I really do not know what to think.

I don't believe that he knowingly revamped his shot. He didn't in summer league.

I believe it is more likely that he has some sort of pain that has altered his shot. But I really don't know because he's barely been on the court so far.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it looks like Jayson Tatum will start for the C's...

I say it's time to draw some conclusions... C's got the better player and the pick.

Checkmate.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it looks like Jayson Tatum will start for the C's...

I say it's time to draw some conclusions... C's got the better player and the pick.

Checkmate.

Congratulations on winning that trade before either player has played a game. True genius.

On a serious note, are they really going to start with Horford, Hayward, Brown, Tatum, and Irving? Yikes!! Good luck!!

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he work with Lonzo Ball over the summer?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on winning that trade before either player has played a game. True genius.
:heh:

flyerhawk said:
On a serious note, are they really going to start with Horford, Hayward, Brown, Tatum, and Irving? Yikes!! Good luck!!
That's a sick offensive line-up... they are gonna flat out outscore many teams with a group like that.

... but, yeah, I suppose you're noting the weaknesses... rebounding specifically and defense more generally.

Those are gonna be issues. No doubt. Baynes is waiting on the bench to thump somebody... but that's about it.

Morris will help when he's back from injury... but he's not exactly a cure for rebounding/size issues. Theis is a possible wild card.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:heh:

That's a sick offensive line-up... they are gonna flat out outscore many teams with a group like that.

... but, yeah, I suppose you're noting the weaknesses... rebounding specifically and defense more generally.

Those are gonna be issues. No doubt. Baynes is waiting on the bench to thump somebody... but that's about it.

Morris will help when he's back from injury... but he's not exactly a cure for rebounding/size issues. Theis is a possible wild card.

They will score points for sure.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will score points for sure.
Tatum is a rookie, so I don't expect him to light the world on fire right off the bat... but that dude is a natural on offense. Silky smooth, has a bag of tricks... born with a basketball in his hands.

But, yeah, he's gonna get pushed around on defense and go through growing pains.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum is a rookie, so I don't expect him to light the world on fire right off the bat... but that dude is a natural on offense. Silky smooth, has a bag of tricks... born with a basketball in his hands.

But, yeah, he's gonna get pushed around on defense and go through growing pains.

He's also going to show that he has an NBA ready outside shot. That usually takes time.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also going to show that he has an NBA ready outside shot. That usually takes time.
Yeah, we'll see of course, but he has shown a bit of range in the preseason.

Only time will tell. I'm bullish, though... at least when it comes to the Celtic offense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we'll see of course, but he has shown a bit of range in the preseason.

Only time will tell. I'm bullish, though... at least when it comes to the Celtic offense.

The Celtics season will be defined within the firs 30 games of the year. If the Celtics are over .500 after 30 games, they could be a really dangerous team.

I think it will be very hard for them to do that though.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics season will be defined within the firs 30 games of the year. If the Celtics are over .500 after 30 games, they could be a really dangerous team.

I think it will be very hard for them to do that though.
I bet you 5 billion dollars that the C's are over .500 after the first 30 games.

Deal?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal!!... I'm holding you to this.

And yes, because you wrote it down this is legally binding. The internet is forever.

I've been told by numerous people in the Politics forum that if its on the Internet is must be 100% true.

You really feel that a team with 5 starters who have never played together before is not going to have some serious growing pains?