• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Exec on Bizarre Markelle Fultz Shooting Form: 'This Is Mind-Boggling'

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be 'mind-boggling' when they announce shoulder surgery and he's done for the season.
He was 6-16 from beyond the arc in Summer League.
0-3 in preseason.
Draw your own conclusions.

I mean, it wouldn't be a Sixers season without a season ending injury.....

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be 'mind-boggling' when they announce shoulder surgery and he's done for the season.
He was 6-16 from beyond the arc in Summer League.
0-3 in preseason.
Draw your own conclusions.

I mean, it wouldn't be a Sixers season without a season ending injury.....
at least you get simmons, who i think is a STAR in the making.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already said he's dealing with shoulder soreness which has forced him to change his shooting motion.

Who knows how serious it is. Fulz and the team have known about it for a while but it's still been practicing and playing, although he didn't play last night.

Season ending surgery seems unlikely. But he could be sideline for a little while to start the season.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least you get simmons, who i think is a STAR in the making.

For someone who has such a smooth handle and even better passing skills, he literally has no touch on his shot. I believe that will come, but his lack of a jumper/floater/finishing skills at the rim is a concern. That being said, 12/6/6/1.5/1.5 would be most welcome in his 'rookie' year.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already said he's dealing with shoulder soreness which has forced him to change his shooting motion.

Who knows how serious it is. Fulz and the team have known about it for a while but it's still been practicing and playing, although he didn't play last night.

Season ending surgery seems unlikely. But he could be sideline for a little while to start the season.

Maybe you're right.
Given the fine history of the team medical staff......

Look, I get what you're saying. I hope the kid just has a minor shoulder strain and will be back to full strength soon. But, when you stop taking outside shots and alter your FT form, yeah, that kind of raises a couple of red flags, especially right before the season starts.

Does anyone believe he really had knee soreness last night?
It would be nice to see video of him at practice hoisting up threes.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you're right.
Given the fine history of the team medical staff......

Look, I get what you're saying. I hope the kid just has a minor shoulder strain and will be back to full strength soon. But, when you stop taking outside shots and alter your FT form, yeah, that kind of raises a couple of red flags, especially right before the season starts.

Does anyone believe he really had knee soreness last night?
It would be nice to see video of him at practice hoisting up threes.

Oh I think it is clear that something is going on with his shoulder. And maybe it is really really bad. Given how things play out with this team it certainly wouldn't shock me. But so far it seems to me that this is more like tendinitis than a major injury.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think it is clear that something is going on with his shoulder. And maybe it is really really bad. Given how things play out with this team it certainly wouldn't shock me. But so far it seems to me that this is more like tendinitis than a major injury.

I hope you're right.
This team doesn't exactly have the best reputation for disclosing injuries.

If he needs 2-4 weeks, just tell us.
If he has a strain and is day to day, just tell us.
Giving us 'knee soreness' and altering his shot only justifies our suspicions.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the kids court vision and hendles. He looks like he belongs. I like his inside game. I am sure once he heals they will put him thru the Marcus Smart training school of threes and he will blossom.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right.

I agree -- but you know what the reaction would be if Fultz can't play the first few weeks of the season.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right.

If I were to put my conspiracy theory hat on for a moment, I'd theorize that Fultz and the team know he is not ready to log heavy minutes on a competitive team bound for the playoffs. Rather than throw him into the fire and watch him burn, they'll use the shoulder soreness as a pretext to put him on a "minutes restriction" so that they can give more minutes to Redick and Bayless.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to put my conspiracy theory hat on for a moment, I'd theorize that Fultz and the team know he is not ready to log heavy minutes on a competitive team bound for the playoffs. Rather than throw him into the fire and watch him burn, they'll use the shoulder soreness as a pretext to put him on a "minutes restriction" so that they can give more minutes to Redick and Bayless.

I get you are theorizing here but that seems really unnecessary. While people will be excited to see Fulz play I'd honestly say he is the 3rd most anticipated player on the squad.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you are theorizing here but that seems really unnecessary. While people will be excited to see Fulz play I'd honestly say he is the 3rd most anticipated player on the squad.

I agree that would be completely unnecessary.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that would be completely unnecessary.

Hell if Simmon, Saric and Embiid play anywhere close to how they played last night people won't even remember how to spell Markelle.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia ---> 0-2 versus the Celtic's this preseason.

That's a a winning % of zero. Zero. Furthermore, if you took this trend and extrapolated it out over a hundred games... Philly would 0-100. :eek:

(!)

Checkmate, I say. This settles all questions about "the process", the draft day trade between these two teams during the offseason, and any question about which of these cities is superior in any way.

8ykoO_s-200x150.gif

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a a winning % of zero. Zero. Furthermore, if you took this trend and extrapolated it out over a hundred games... Philly would 0-100. :eek:

(!)

Checkmate, I say. This settles all questions about "the process", the draft day trade between these two teams during the offseason, and any question about which of these cities is superior in any way.

8ykoO_s-200x150.gif

The greatest American of all-time left your miserable city for the city of Brotherly Love.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(!)

8ykoO_s-200x150.gif

/thread