• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Draft Lottery tonight

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doncic being coy about whether he will come to the NBA next year..

Doncic unsure if he'll join NBA next season
His team is still in the running for the Euroleague championship, this would be like asking a college player if he's gonna declare for the draft days before his team plays in the final four. If he's acting like he'll wanna stay after the season is over because the Kings could draft him I'll be more concerned, but are teams like the Hawks and Grizz that much more attractive a destination right now? He's very likely to be drafted by a bad team whether it's this year or next. And the Kings have Vlade, Peja, and Bogdan which would seemingly help his transition to the NBA. It's a story written that helps some in the media push the "Kings are a horrible franchise and no top talent would wanna go there" narrative, I don't like reading it but I still think he's gonna come over this year. Bogdan had similar comments last year before choosing to sign with the Kings.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bamba's wingspan measured at 7'10" at the combine today. Wow.

That kid is going to be a force on D and he's not bad on O either. Mutombo-like with better O coming in.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know. The Kings tend to defy logic at times, and have bad luck otherwise. That #2 pick is so important that whiffing on it could really throw the franchise into turmoil (and cost some jobs).
If they draft Luka or Ayton and it doesn't work out, at least they'll have taken one of the guys most people have in the top 2. If they trade back because Luka isn't a good fit or just draft Bagley/JJJ at 2 and Doncic becomes a superstar, people will be fired. In a way picking 2 is better for people in the organization because they can't be the one who picked Ayton over Doncic or vise versa, all they have to do is pick whoever the Suns don't. Then the pressure is on the coach to make it work because the potential franchise changing player is now on the team.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to what team he thinks he could go to that would be preferable, if that is his motivation.
He might want to go to the Suns to play for his Euroleague Coach.

But, really.....who knows?

I won't even try to pretend to know what motivates these young players.

Does he want to be in a large market?

Does he or his people have relationships with certain team officials ?

Does he not want to have to compete for a starting spot?

I'm sure we will find out soon if he refuses to workout for certain teams.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, I'm gonna force myself to the Team I want to play for or I'm staying overseas.

The Kobe Bryant method....

@Bolts beware.

Not sure f the Peja/Vlade connection is enough to outweigh prior dysfunction.

Just don't pick the next Kerry Kittles instead like the Nets did.
The Hawks and Grizzlies suck(even with Gasol and Conley the team is not good) too, it's not like it'll be much better for him. If you're getting drafted top 2-3 expect to be on a bad team. The franchise has been a mess for years but there's at least some reason to believe they're turning it around.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid is going to be a force on D and he's not bad on O either. Mutombo-like with better O coming in.
He's gonna fuck up Demarcus Cousin's leverage over the Pelicans now that the Mavs are picking 5th.

You have to think he's a no brainer for them unless they plan to roll the dice on Porter Jr.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team is still in the running for the Euroleague championship, this would be like asking a college player if he's gonna declare for the draft days before his team plays in the final four. If he's acting like he'll wanna stay after the season is over because the Kings could draft him I'll be more concerned, but are teams like the Hawks and Grizz that much more attractive a destination right now? He's very likely to be drafted by a bad team whether it's this year or next. And the Kings have Vlade, Peja, and Bogdan which would seemingly help his transition to the NBA. It's a story written that helps some in the media push the "Kings are a horrible franchise and no top talent would wanna go there" narrative, I don't like reading it but I still think he's gonna come over this year. Bogdan had similar comments last year before choosing to sign with the Kings.

I agree it most likely just lip service until his team gets knocked out. And I can't imagine that he would be that scared of going to Sactown or Phoenix. It isn't going to get a whole lot better than that unless he falls in the draft which will cost him money.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks and Grizzlies suck(even with Gasol and Conley the team is not good) too, it's not like it'll be much better for him. If you're getting drafted top 2-3 expect to be on a bad team. The franchise has been a mess for years but there's at least some reason to believe they're turning it around.
I can't see him wanting to go to Atlanta.

As you've stated yourself, there is a bit of clutter at his position in Sacto.

But, I just went to read the story for myself and I think it's a big nothing.

He's been saying the same thing all year, way before the ping pong balls were decided.

All he's really doing is pulling a LeBron.

I'll talk about it and make my decision when the Season's over.

No biggie.

Bogdan said the same.

I agree with the below...

Real Madrid is preparing to make a run at the Euroleague championship. It would be a distraction to his teammates and a slap in the face to Real Madrid fans if Doncic was focused on the NBA in the middle of a playoff run.

If Doncic is noncommittal after Real Madrid’s season ends, then we can worry. Until then, this is likely a non-story.

Luka Doncic won’t commit to coming to NBA until Real Madrid’s season is over, but Kings fans shouldn’t worry

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it most likely just lip service until his team gets knocked out. And I can't imagine that he would be that scared of going to Sactown or Phoenix. It isn't going to get a whole lot better than that unless he falls in the draft which will cost him money.
Media hyperbole since we have so few games left and so many days between games.

The headlines on this story are so misleading.

They love to post partial quotes or quotes out of context.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be happy to be drafted as high as he will be, not wanting to find his way to a good team day one. That's not how it works.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see him wanting to go to Atlanta.

As you've stated yourself, there is a bit of clutter at his position in Sacto.

But, I just went to read the story for myself and I think it's a big nothing.

He's been saying the same thing all year, way before the ping pong balls were decided.

All he's really doing is pulling a LeBron.

I'll talk about it and make my decision when the Season's over.

No biggie.

Bogdan said the same.

I agree with the below...

Real Madrid is preparing to make a run at the Euroleague championship. It would be a distraction to his teammates and a slap in the face to Real Madrid fans if Doncic was focused on the NBA in the middle of a playoff run.

If Doncic is noncommittal after Real Madrid’s season ends, then we can worry. Until then, this is likely a non-story.

Luka Doncic won’t commit to coming to NBA until Real Madrid’s season is over, but Kings fans shouldn’t worry
I read that earlier and had forgotten Bogdan said the same thing. No reason to hurt your team by saying yes I'm going to the NBA before a big game, that'd be selfish. There's always some worry because being a Kings fan you expect the worst, but that's what he should have said.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a Mo Bamba interview.
Sounded very intelligent.
Very poised.

I wonder about Ayton’s defensive IQ and Doncic’s outside shooting, but Mo could be a game changer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bamba is a monster.

Hes gonna be amazing defensively--- and his offensive game wont be too bad either.

There are at least 5-6 guys in this draft that would have gone #1 last year...its really incredible

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bamba, Jackson, Doncic, Ayton, Bagley and Porter all would have been favored to go #1 last year if you ask me.

and honestly- the 2 pure pgs in teh draft- young and sexton- i both bet would have gone before Ball and maybe even Fultz.

this draft is beyond loaded

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and honestly- the 2 pure pgs in teh draft- young and sexton- i both bet would have gone before Ball and maybe even Fultz.

this draft is beyond loaded

Actually, last year's draft was seen as probably the most loaded at PG since ... ever.

No way Sexton is viewed as better than Fox. Young put up a lot of numbers, but his team sucked balls. I don't think either of those guys go higher than Dennis Smith and in retrospect Mitchell is also probably better than both.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doncic being coy about whether he will come to the NBA next year..

Doncic unsure if he'll join NBA next season

Does this actually enhance his draft value?

If I am Phoenix or Sacramento, I am not sir I want him to come in 2018.

Draft him, stash him a year and get another high Lotto pick next summer. Both can start their rookie seasons in 2019, giving their team an extra year before they have to pay him his first big contract.

If I am Phoenix, this scenario would interest me a great deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft him, stash him a year and get another high Lotto pick next summer. Both can start their rookie seasons in 2019, giving their team an extra year before they have to pay him his first big contract.

This would actually scare me. There was an lottery pick ( top 5 or top 10) drafted by Orlando out of Spain and never came to the league

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bold move with a #1 or #2 pick.

The Sixers drafted Saric #12 and got shit for it and it took 3 years for him to come to Philly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold move with a #1 or #2 pick.

The Sixers drafted Saric #12 and got shit for it and it took 3 years for him to come to Philly.

And it worked out perfectly!

Had he come back then, they wouldn't have the cap space to sign a big free agent this summer.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it worked out perfectly!

Had he come back then, they wouldn't have the cap space to sign a big free agent this summer.

Oh it can definitely pay off. But it is risky.