• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Draft Lottery tonight

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coveted Brooklyn pick is now, in this mock, predicted to be:

CAVALIERS

Pick acquired from Brooklyn

Collin Sexton | Alabama | Fr | PG

Regardless of whether LeBron James returns or not, the Cavaliers would likely be wise to just take the best available talent. And, in my opinion, that player, at this point in this mock draft, is Sexton -- the one-and-done star who averaged 19.2 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.6 assists in 29.9 minutes per game while leading Alabama to the NCAA Tournament. The 6-3 point guard is super-fast, super-quick and forever aggressive -- all of which are great qualities for anybody entering the NBA. He puts pressure on the defense basically every possession.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

Doncic is 19 and playing against grown men. Much tougher competition than college basketball.

As for the assist numbers, they don't pad assists stats in Europe like they do here. Kid can pass. That is 100% certain.

The question is whether or not he will be able to defend effectively and whether he will be merely good, or great offensively. I think his floor is probably as a Goran Dragic type player, while his ceiling is somewhere on the Nash/Harden spectrum.

I was very impressed from what I saw.

While I agree that the comp is tougher in Europe than it is in college ... lack of athleticism is still lack of athleticism. He's not fast and doesn't have much of a vertical ... he's not going to be able to drive as easily with average foot speed and finishing at the rim won't be as easy as it is now in Europe with mediocre hops. I do think he'll be a solid player ... I just don't think he will ever be that top notch All Star. Probably the SG/SF version of a Toni Kukoc.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the Celtics flat out get the Kings' pick, no pick swap.

You could be right. I just knew either way they were getting it.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7th pick? fuck you..

giphy.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84

SUNS

Pick acquired from Miami

Lonnie Walker IV | Miami | Fr | SG

Walker's freshman season didn't get off to a great start -- evidence being how he only averaged 8.1 points in 20.9 minutes per game through Miami's first 15 contests. But the 6-4 freshman averaged 14 points in Miami's final five regular-season games to remind NBA scouts why they view him as a strong-framed shooting guard with a future. Yes, he only shot 34.6 percent from 3-point range this season. But, remember, Walker shot 40 percent from beyond the arc two summers ago on the Nike EYBL circuit. So his lower percentage at Miami isn't too concerning.

This kind of sucks if it happens.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84

SUNS

Pick acquired from Miami

Lonnie Walker IV | Miami | Fr | SG

Walker's freshman season didn't get off to a great start -- evidence being how he only averaged 8.1 points in 20.9 minutes per game through Miami's first 15 contests. But the 6-4 freshman averaged 14 points in Miami's final five regular-season games to remind NBA scouts why they view him as a strong-framed shooting guard with a future. Yes, he only shot 34.6 percent from 3-point range this season. But, remember, Walker shot 40 percent from beyond the arc two summers ago on the Nike EYBL circuit. So his lower percentage at Miami isn't too concerning.

This kind of sucks if it happens.

Yeah....I'd be in my feels if the pick that's supposed to be Miami's ends up netting Lonnie.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than giving you pick #4 last season.

I'm happy the Lakers improved enough for the sixers not to have a top 5 pick.

But of course philly fans aren't upset about that, right?

Lmao. You think we are upset about flipping Michael Carter Williams into a top 10 pick? Lmao. Congrats on your organization being slightly smarter than the Nets and at least putting a top 3 protection on it. Sixers got a little unlucky in that the Lakers were atrocious enough for it to stay in the top 3 the last couple years. But overall flipping what amounts to a G League player for a top 10 picks has Sixers fans thrilled.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coveted Brooklyn pick is now, in this mock, predicted to be:

CAVALIERS

Pick acquired from Brooklyn

Collin Sexton | Alabama | Fr | PG

Regardless of whether LeBron James returns or not, the Cavaliers would likely be wise to just take the best available talent. And, in my opinion, that player, at this point in this mock draft, is Sexton -- the one-and-done star who averaged 19.2 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.6 assists in 29.9 minutes per game while leading Alabama to the NCAA Tournament. The 6-3 point guard is super-fast, super-quick and forever aggressive -- all of which are great qualities for anybody entering the NBA. He puts pressure on the defense basically every possession.
he reminds me a lot of John Wall......i am not sure who i would prefer--- him of Young....both are going to be great.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

Doncic is 19 and playing against grown men. Much tougher competition than college basketball.

As for the assist numbers, they don't pad assists stats in Europe like they do here. Kid can pass. That is 100% certain.

The question is whether or not he will be able to defend effectively and whether he will be merely good, or great offensively. I think his floor is probably as a Goran Dragic type player, while his ceiling is somewhere on the Nash/Harden spectrum.

I was very impressed from what I saw.
Doncic will be a star eventually- maybe not right away- but eventually

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously no player is a guaranteed star, but those 2 look like the best in the draft and have been most talked about at the top of draft boards since the season ended. I think Vlade would love Doncic but Ayton might fit a need better. Even though it'd have been great for them to get #1, there's a bit less pressure on them because whichever one the Suns take 1st the Kings can just take the other instead of having to choose one over the other.

But as always, there's still a chance they fuck it up...
Dd_SEL0_UU0_AAB0_Zo.jpg

Lmao...no way will they mess this one up.

Like you said, The choice is so easy...

Whomever is left between Doncic and Ayton.

On a side note, did anyone else see that Dennis Schroeder is trying to get himself traded to the Bucks or Pacers?

I would tell him to go fuck himself.

Atlanta Hawks point guard Dennis Schroder has cleared his Instagram account of all Hawks-related posts and also unfollowed the Hawks’ Instagram page. Schroder’s revamped social media of Hawks photos comes at a time when his future with the team is very much in question.

Dennis Schroder will meet with the Atlanta Hawks in a week to discuss his future with the organization. Speaking to reporters at the German Basketball Federation press conference in Germany, Schroder said, “I want to compete. I cannot be second-to-last in the Eastern Conference.”

Schroder specifically told the German media he could imagine himself being traded to the Indiana Pacers or the Milwaukee Bucks. “Of course, I have my thoughts and my friends with other teams,” Schroder said. “For example, Indiana wouldn’t be too bad. Milwaukee wouldn’t be too bad. Those are two teams where you can say the organization is going in the right direction.”

@HurricaneDij39 ...thoughts?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker, Jackson, and Ayton is a nice core.

You know, with as well as the Rookie class showed out this year... I could see free agents being a little warmer to the idea of going to young teams like the Suns. Suns could be a dark horse in free agency.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doncic will be a star eventually- maybe not right away- but eventually
Jackson, Doncic and Booker....

All 6'6 and above wings...

Two that can shoot?

Yikes....

But, Ayton might be the pick and they need him too.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao...no way will they mess this one up.

Like you said, The choice is so easy...

Whomever is left between Doncic and Ayton.

Suns have a tough choice politically. The Coach and Dincic have history, but Ayton and Arizona do too. But we all know in the end the coach will have to take Ayton and wich the best for Doncic

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I speak draft fluently.

The guys that I really like for you would be Porter and Mitchell Robinson, if he falls.

I don't think Zubac or Bryant are your Centers of the future.

Both those guys could be.

Jontay was overshadowed by his brother.

But, he put up 10,7 and 2 blocks.

Might not seem impressive until you remember he's only 18 and only played 24 mins a game.
Porter wont get passed the Cavs at 8. I would be really happy with Sexton or Porter. Any other draft those guys would be top 3 prospects- and there is a good chance one will be there for the Cavs at 8.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mostly just trolling Shaqdaddy. The Lakers have some nice pieces. They are banking on getting Lebron and/or PG would which dramatically improve the team. They could potentially be a playoff contender next year if they get PG and could make a deep run if they get Lebron.
they do have some nice pieces.

If you are really bad for 5 straight years youd hope youd have more though - and at least one sure-fire franchise player.

Id take Sexton OR Young over Ball.

Id take Ayton, JJJ, Bagley, Bamba, Porter over Ingram

I really really hope the Cavs dont take Carter Jr. of Duke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns have a tough choice politically. The Coach and Dincic have history, but Ayton and Arizona do too. But we all know in the end the coach will have to take Ayton and wich the best for Doncic
both are great fits there.

Thats a hard choice for the Suns.....either guy is a great fit.

I think they take Ayton since they have a cornerstone in the back court in Booker--- and its probably easier to find a good PG- then a big man that has skills like Ayton.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they take Ayton since they have a cornerstone in the back court in Booker--- and its probably easier to find a good PG- then a big man that has skills like Ayton.

yup Ayton looks like a modern 4/5 rare to find

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say-i really like Miles Bridges--- @Mecca if he falls to you he would be a great get by the Clips.

He honestly reminds me so much of Draymond.