• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA 2k18 dynasty

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be needed on the gamer forum, but I figured it would get a quicker response here with NBA fans.

Anyone know if NBA 2k18 has save dynasty carry over to NBA 2k19? Like MLB The Show does with their dynasty modes?

For example. For NBA 2k18 I pick the Blazers go 50-32 and win the NBA Championships, maybe acquire Blake Griffin in my roster. So next year I buy NBA 2k19 and my success and achievements from NBA 2k18 carries over and the game will recognize Portland as defending champs, say we were 50-32 the previous year and have Griffin on my roster still?

This is where MLB The Show absolutely nails their dynasty mode, but I don't know if other games have figured it out yet.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be needed on the gamer forum, but I figured it would get a quicker response here with NBA fans.

Anyone know if NBA 2k18 has save dynasty carry over to NBA 2k19? Like MLB The Show does with their dynasty modes?

For example. For NBA 2k18 I pick the Blazers go 50-32 and win the NBA Championships, maybe acquire Blake Griffin in my roster. So next year I buy NBA 2k19 and my success and achievements from NBA 2k18 carries over and the game will recognize Portland as defending champs, say we were 50-32 the previous year and have Griffin on my roster still?

This is where MLB The Show absolutely nails their dynasty mode, but I don't know if other games have figured it out yet.

and no as far as i know. I've never seen a verion of the game that'll let you save rosters, modes, etc. from year to year...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and no as far as i know. I've never seen a verion of the game that'll let you save rosters, modes, etc. from year to year...
Darn...They need to do this. It's what makes MLB The Show awesome

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darn...They need to do this. It's what makes MLB The Show awesome

NBA 2k18 has something like 40 hours of unskippable commercials that happen over the first year, if you could upload a character they would not get an audience for all those forced commercials. That is the reason. This year was my last basketball game from 2K, I spent 60 bucks on the damn game, they can fuck of with their 2 other streams of income at my expense.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA 2k18 has something like 40 hours of unskippable commercials that happen over the first year, if you could upload a character they would not get an audience for all those forced commercials. That is the reason. This year was my last basketball game from 2K, I spent 60 bucks on the damn game, they can fuck of with their 2 other streams of income at my expense.
I don't usually do those MyPlayer or anything like that.

I like simple dynasty mode where you play the games, make trades, sign contracts, etc. Just wish they would carry it over to the next version of the game. If they made this a feature I would be more inclined to buy the game each year extending my franchise.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually do those MyPlayer or anything like that.

I like simple dynasty mode where you play the games, make trades, sign contracts, etc. Just wish they would carry it over to the next version of the game. If they made this a feature I would be more inclined to buy the game each year extending my franchise.

Even the Dynasty mode has a bunch of videos that are hidden commercials in them that you can't skip. They built an entire story into it that is terrible. And the first draft class is no longer random, it adds 3 generational talents into is for a narrative. It also force a trade on your team that you have no control over because the assistant GM is the owners son and he makes it behind your back.

In my case it traded Bogdan Bogdanovic for Willy Hernangomez

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Dynasty mode has a bunch of videos that are hidden commercials in them that you can't skip. They built an entire story into it that is terrible. And the first draft class is no longer random, it adds 3 generational talents into is for a narrative. It also force a trade on your team that you have no control over because the assistant GM is the owners son and he makes it behind your back.

That sounds incredibly dumb.

I just want to play the game, make my own trades, sign my own players, cut my own players. I want to be the owner,GM and coach like it used to be.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep, GM mode this year was shit. hoping they NEVER do that again...

i get that they wanted to do something with story mode, but that was a VERY bad idea...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds incredibly dumb.

I just want to play the game, make my own trades, sign my own players, cut my own players. I want to be the owner,GM and coach like it used to be.

After the 1st year it goes back to how it used to be. The 1st one is filled with all kinds of dumb crap. Even worse it tells you you need to trade for Player X(for me Hernangomez), but won't let you. I tested it. I offered 2 1sts and De'Aaron Fox for him and it was rejected. You literally have to wait until the trade deadline and then it forces the trade. 2k18 broke my will to buy the game again, I was at first excited that they removed most micro transactions, but they added that revenue back in with stupid things that you can't skip.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATTENITON @Mebert YOUR COMPUTER NEEDS TO UPDATE ITS WALLPAPER IMMEDIATELY

CLICK HERE: