• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: National Title Game: Wisconsin vs Duke

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke has become the Enron of college basketball. This year especially had the feeling of a contrived outcome. Duke shouldn't have been a 1 seed to begin with. The atrocious bad calls/no calls (all in Duke's favor) were pathetic to watch. The ball out of bounds on Winslow, offensive foul on Winslow, step out of bounds on Winslow. That's 7 point-turn-around there and then Wisconsin who has played solid D all year and had 2 fouls in the first half suddenly had 9 fouls in the second half. That's another 18 free throws. How is 25 unjust points not even in the discussion of how did Duke do it?
Just quit. You don't shoot 2 on every foul.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how no one talks about the first half when Wisconsin only had two fouls. Funny how the top ranked offense couldn't do anything the last five minutes. Funny how Wisconsin settled for jumpers instead of driving and getting to the line. Stop trying to make the entire game on one call. If Wisconsin played defense after duke inbounded the ball then whats the difference? Don't say momentum because Wisconsin had no idea until after the game about that call!

Reactions: BUD

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU should have used that 3rd string QB on the bball court. There's a young man that knows how to win. Thad....not so much.

?!?! Are you suggesting we get rid of Thad?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?!?! Are you suggesting we get rid of Thad?

Heck no.....gorerush threw up all over the page with hysteria about Duke so I just trolled him a bit to show how two stupid comments looked together.

TM is a great coach and has run a good program for the buckeyes.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how no one talks about the first half when Wisconsin only had two fouls. Funny how the top ranked offense couldn't do anything the last five minutes. Funny how Wisconsin settled for jumpers instead of driving and getting to the line. Stop trying to make the entire game on one call. If Wisconsin played defense after duke inbounded the ball then whats the difference? Don't say momentum because Wisconsin had no idea until after the game about that call!

Who is this "no one" you are referring to? I certainly mentioned that the officiating favored us in the first half. I mentioned that we shot poorly and I mentioned how our offense played poorly. Do I not exist? Am I no one?

We didn't lose because of officiating, but there were five very-important calls which went against us which were patently wrong:

1. The ball save to Okafor where the Duke player clearly stepped out of bounds. For what it's worth, I saw this one very clearly from the upper deck.

2. The out-of-bounds touch play with the replay. The NCAA has already admitted it was the wrong call, so I have no idea why you are pretending it was right.

3. The block call on Duke Dukan which would have been Winslow's 4th foul.

4. The next play, where Duke got a charge call on a flop.

5. The play where Tyus Jones smacked Bronson in the face and Bronson was called for the foul.

With the possible exception of #4, none of these are even debatable. But you know how many of them Bo mentioned? None. Not one. All he said was they were being more aggressive than normal underneath and it threw our guys off. That could be considered a compliment if people weren't trying to create a story.

Also, we worked it inside plenty. We missed 15 layups. The idea that we settled for shots is absurd. We worked our way into open shots, and they just didn't fall. It happens sometimes.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck no.....gorerush threw up all over the page with hysteria about Duke so I just trolled him a bit to show how two stupid comments looked together.

TM is a great coach and has run a good program for the buckeyes.

Oh, didn't see any of that. But I've actually heard this way too many times already from our own fans. People call in on a daily basis to say that Matta can't get the job done anymore... maybe they don't remember what it was like before he took over.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won't, just want to bash Duke and claim the officials gave them the win.