• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: National Title Game: Wisconsin vs Duke

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a team choke in the 2nd half.

I saw Dekker not show up against Duke for the 2nd time this year.

I saw a freshman who avg 4 PPG this season destroy Wisconsin.

What did you see?

Calls that were absolutely horrible. Winslow played WAY out of control. We ran over people and there was no call every time. The ball goes off the hand of a duke player. They have a chance to review it and still give it back to Duke. I have no issues w/Duke, but this game was horrible. The 2nd half was in favor of Duke every time. When you watch a game that decides it all, you don't want to see a game that was basically decided by officials.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seeding was fine.

If I'm thinking straight which I may not be since its 1243 and selection sunday was like a month ago, was Wisconsin not the the 4th overall 1 seed? And don't they usually match the 4th 1 seed with the best 2 seed? Zona did not deserve a 1 seed.

They basically match-up the best 1 seed with the lowest 2 seed and lowest 1 seed with the highest 2 rated 2 seed. Nova probably should have been the lowest 1 seed but that's another story
Im not disagreeing with the seeding. I'm just saying seeding doesn't determine who is better.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All seeding determines is who had less "bad losses" during the season.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need an asterisk. National Champions for the fifth time. Banner to go up in about a week. I'll try and get you a picture.

Why be a dick about it? You guys have had NCs before. Just admit it.. you got the benefit of the doubt this time.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calls that were absolutely horrible. Winslow played WAY out of control. We ran over people and there was no call every time. The ball goes off the hand of a duke player. They have a chance to review it and still give it back to Duke. I have no issues w/Duke, but this game was horrible. The 2nd half was in favor of Duke every time. When you watch a game that decides it all, you don't want to see a game that was basically decided by officials.

Tyus Jones - 23 points.
Grayson Allen - 16 points off the bench.

Okafor- On the bench with 4 fouls.
Winslow- 4 fouls.
Kaminsky playing the whole game with 1 foul.
Dekker playing the whole game with 1 foul.

You see what you want to see.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a team choke in the 2nd half.

I saw Dekker not show up against Duke for the 2nd time this year.

I saw a freshman who avg 4 PPG this season destroy Wisconsin.

What did you see?

Wisconsin got tight in last 5 minutes IMO. There was no help for Frank, he was playing by himself to bring home the title late in 2nd half.

Dekker had some points, but it was very quiet points. I was surprised he had that many points honestly.

Trevon Jackson really had a very poor game.

Allen got Duke back in game by himself.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI: Plumlees are undefeated in national championship games

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn, I fell asleep. Who won?

Thanks man. Whew, I played really hard. I just told Coach K to give me the ball and I could take this game over.

Ladies and gentlemen, this man played so hard that he literally beat Wisconsin in his sleep. Fucking impressive right here.

(Grats, Douggie. Also I hate your team, but in a nice way).

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladies and gentlemen, this man played so hard that he literally beat Wisconsin in his sleep. Fucking impressive right here.

(Grats, Douggie. Also I hate your team, but in a nice way).

Congrats on one helluva season. Wisconsin deserved to be Champions. Duke just did enough to beat them in the Final game. There's nothing but respect for a great coach and program you guys have at Wisconsin.:suds:

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole west was a gauntlet, not just the top. Just admit Dook got a good bounce on everything. Wisconsin is the better team. You know it. I know it.
We get it. They beat Arizona. You can quit sucking their cock now.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that sucks.. thanks for sharing?!? When are you guys gonna give us a whoopin? I'm 38 now, will I still be alive?!?!

The next time we play...just like every previous time. We own your fat asses.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke has become the Enron of college basketball. This year especially had the feeling of a contrived outcome. Duke shouldn't have been a 1 seed to begin with. The atrocious bad calls/no calls (all in Duke's favor) were pathetic to watch. The ball out of bounds on Winslow, offensive foul on Winslow, step out of bounds on Winslow. That's 7 point-turn-around there and then Wisconsin who has played solid D all year and had 2 fouls in the first half suddenly had 9 fouls in the second half. That's another 18 free throws. How is 25 unjust points not even in the discussion of how did Duke do it?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next time we play...just like every previous time. We own your fat asses.

?? Last two times our basketball teams met, OSU won easily. But seriously.. Your program's in the toilet and you're still gonna talk trash? Your basketball team couldn't pull off a winning season in the weakest of the P5 conferences... and in a down year no less. I'm sure they'll bounce back, but what about your football team. They've been getting worse every year. Who knows when/if they'll ever recover. But hey, if you wanna talk about games that happened 10 years ago, knock yourself out.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard once that college basketball replay doesnt use same feed....after some of the calls ive seen it must be true
NCAA mens basketball notebook: Officials didnt see replay that TV viewers did in title game - Sports - The Boston Globe

Hate-Say-I-Told-You-So.gif

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke has become the Enron of college basketball. This year especially had the feeling of a contrived outcome. Duke shouldn't have been a 1 seed to begin with. The atrocious bad calls/no calls (all in Duke's favor) were pathetic to watch. The ball out of bounds on Winslow, offensive foul on Winslow, step out of bounds on Winslow. That's 7 point-turn-around there and then Wisconsin who has played solid D all year and had 2 fouls in the first half suddenly had 9 fouls in the second half. That's another 18 free throws. How is 25 unjust points not even in the discussion of how did Duke do it?

I hear what you're saying. Now let's go over to the campus bookstore and get one of those awesome National Championship tee shirts.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you're saying. Now let's go over to the campus bookstore and get one of those awesome National Championship tee shirts.

tOSU should have used that 3rd string QB on the bball court. There's a young man that knows how to win. Thad....not so much.