• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National signing day

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top third of all college programs, looks like we will rank 39. This is going to be a good bunch when added with last years class. Should have 85 bodies for practice which I doubt has happened during the DH era.

Oliver Luck said earlier we ended the Orange Bowl with 61 scholarship players on the roster.....sixty.one. que the argument on how BS was doing a great job again :deadhorse:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rusher I rufuse to talk B.S. anymore :lol: but we have 12 SRs once again this year...and what 5 or 6 of those DH had to bring in....insert (coach of your choice) and this team was going to struggle.

I think DH is even getting better in front of the camera! Lol

Head Coach Dana Holgorsen - YouTube

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad was at work all day today. We will see in a few years how solid this class is, we have got excited about players and classes before, and they tanked. I hope they all come in and play and make some positives, I want to see the Mounties back in the spotlight and winning games, not losing to IAST and Kansas!!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How excited does DH look today with crest?

Love hearing about Dreamus and DTW talking football building chemistry.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Worton but we do get Buie back and imo he plays WR this year so in my eyes that's at worst a wash for now. I'll take the Angus surprise happily over the Worton loss when I think of these guys:

Smith
Shell
Smallwood
Williams
:omg:

fellas, we aint had this much RB depth in a loooong time.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rusher I rufuse to talk B.S. anymore :lol: but we have 12 SRs once again this year...and what 5 or 6 of those DH had to bring in....insert (coach of your choice) and this team was going to struggle.

I think DH is even getting better in front of the camera! Lol

Head Coach Dana Holgorsen - YouTube

Which is exactly why WVU suffered some unimaginable losses last year. And, why next year is going to be tough sledding as well.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly why WVU suffered some unimaginable losses last year. And, why next year is going to be tough sledding as well.

Already making excuses for your man crush?????? WOW

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU Football: Meet the Class of 2014 - YouTube

Meet the new recruits!!!

Solid class, really needed some DL, but over all addressed a lot of needs trying to overcome someone else's man crush and deficiencies. :suds:

Still can maneuver if someone becomes available in June that would help.

Off to a great start for next years class as well...so early so this means nothing but ranked 1st in big 12 and 6th nationally. Not a bad start.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regard to the 2015 class, I am like everyone else… it is exciting to see such a fast start. Cannot remember any previous year seeing such quality players verbally committing to WVU this early.

As they are still kids, it is way too early to be too excited about a verbal.

Looks like Dana is hushing the crowd critical of his recruiting…

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Dana is hushing the crowd critical of his recruiting…

I think for most reasonable fans you can start to see the plan coming together...are numbers were down so he had to go for instant talent in Juco, but now they can really focus on getting guys in the system for 3 or 4 years. He is going to have 100 players for spring ball, 3rd guy to challenge at QB this spring and a 4th guy this summer. Our defense is returning a lot of talent, but also got deeper with quality recruits. Like I said before, he had a plan, stuck to the plan, now he has to show some return on the field with his guys. Does he need to win a National Title next year? no, but we need to see promise other than just on signing day.

It does say a lot that 2 years of graduating classes (13,14) does not even equal one year of allotted schollys for a recruiting class. And it is not like we had a mass exodus of overwhelming talent leaving the program.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for most reasonable fans you can start to see the plan coming together...are numbers were down so he had to go for instant talent in Juco, but now they can really focus on getting guys in the system for 3 or 4 years. He is going to have 100 players for spring ball, 3rd guy to challenge at QB this spring and a 4th guy this summer. Our defense is returning a lot of talent, but also got deeper with quality recruits. Like I said before, he had a plan, stuck to the plan, now he has to show some return on the field with his guys. Does he need to win a National Title next year? no, but we need to see promise other than just on signing day.

It does say a lot that 2 years of graduating classes (13,14) does not even equal one year of allotted schollys for a recruiting class. And it is not like we had a mass exodus of overwhelming talent leaving the program.

Just read an article in The Dominion Post that WVU had 63 scholarship players on the team that went to the Orange Bowl.

Surprised TDP would publish such a fact as they have jumped on the owner of their paper's crusade against all things Luck.

But, when the facts are presented… and, it isn't just internet folly… it really does make you shake your head.

WVU finally has 85 players on scholarship. That amazes me…

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SURPRISE CLASS: West Virginia – Despite not faring as well as expected in its two Big 12 seasons so far and not having a natural geographical recruiting footprint, the Mountaineers still finished in the top half of the conference. Athlete Dravon Henry and running back William Crest were two nice four-star signees while the Mountaineers also did well in the junior college ranks.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEST RECRUITER EFFORT: Tony Gibson – West Virginia – The Mountaineer safeties coach went into Pennsylvania to land Henry, defensive tackle Jaleel Fields and wide receiver Ricky Rogers, to Washington, D.C., for safety DaeJuan Funderburk and Kansas for cornerback Jaylon Myers and kept offensive lineman Amanii Brown in state. He has proven to have solid ties to more than one region.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe every team in front of us(Oklahoma, Oklahoma ST, Baylor) in the Big 12 won at least 10 games besides Texas. Not to bad for a 4-8 team for sure.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Shurburtt… the recruiting guru for 247… was giving WVU some nice props yesterday on Bill King's radio show in response to a WVU fan calling into the show.

He mentioned the issues WVU faced, and stated the last two year's classes should get WVU back to where college football fans have been used to seeing them.