• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Games

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five Kings games to appear on NBCSN in 2018-19 - LA Kings Insider

Kings drop from 12 national games last year down to 5 (And 4 of those on the road).

Chicago has 19, Washington has 18, and then Pitt/Philly get 15 each. That's a lot of games.

Other teams dropping make sense to me, but I feel the Kings made the Playoffs at least.

Detroit dropping 12 national games down to 6 games, and Montreal dropping 8 down to 1 (Yikes. I feel like there shouldn't be such a discrepancy between Chicago at 19 and Montreal at 1 nationally televised game, no matter how bad Montreal might seem to be slipping. Like 16 vs 3 wouldn't still be ridiculous. 19-1 is just wrong in m opinion).

But solid points about national exposure influencing voting for major awards. Doughty and Kopitar much less likely to get votes if people don't see them.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago having 19 games is ridiculous considering how bad they were last year.
Chicago is a Western team with an early time zone. They like they can say we gave the West X number of games, but still show the game early enough for eastern fans to watch.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a rarity, some serious insight about hockey from ESPN.

Winners and losers from prime-time NHL schedule for 2018-19

"Why? A source with knowledge of the scheduling process tells ESPN that the Los Angeles Lakers have priority when booking Staples Center, and have nine Wednesday night home games next season; the Kings play once on Wednesday for the entirety of their season, home or away. Since many Western Conference teams are featured on Wednesday night doubleheaders, the Kings got shorted. Thanks, LeBron."

So the Kings only have one Wednesday night game scheduled all year, which contributed largely.