• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NASCAR hit with huge lawsuit

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR has had a "diversity" program for quite some time now. This is just another piece of shit looking for something free. I don't give a fuck about diversity. I want the best 40 drivers available out there and I don't care what they look like. Fuck this guy!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all goes back to why there are so few black baseball players. Black athletes would rather play basketball and football pure and simple.

There's been black drivers in NASCAR before, there's currently one in the Busch Series, Darrel Wallace Jr, and he was excellent in the truck series.

There's been a black driver win a cup race, Wendell Scott.

There's been other minorities try their hand at NASCAR, Nelson Piquet Jr, Carlos Contreres, Hideo Fukuyama, Bill Lester, Juan Pablo Montoya, etc.

And NASCAR has a developmental league in Mexico trying to get more Hispanics in the sport. It has produced German Quirolga(spell) and Miguel Paludo(not sure where either are now) and a very promising young driver named Daniel Suarez who stands a real shot at winning the Busch championship this season, and will likely replace Matt Kenseth for Joe Gibbs when he retires.

NASCAR would love nothing more than to have a black driver break in and contend for championships.

Hell, NASCAR would love to have a female driver that could win races. Why do you think they've marketed Danica so hard despite her showing nothing while driving for one of the top teams in the sport?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess they forgot about that time Randy Moss started a truck series team.

Or how about Brad Daugherty owning the 47?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude with the lawsuit is stupid. As mentioned already, NASCAR would love nothing more than to have a bigger appeal/demographic.

The other thing is - Nascar doesn't own the teams, the teams own themselves. Nascar could deny a license to a driver I suppose and be more anal about rules and such, but it's open for anyone to compete.

The title of this thread should read "frivolous" rather than "huge".

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR has had a "diversity" program for quite some time now. This is just another piece of shit looking for something free. I don't give a fuck about diversity. I want the best 40 drivers available out there and I don't care what they look like. Fuck this guy!

Not me:NASCAR is getting way too damn boring. I want to see some races with the first 10 drivers selected in a lottery from a list of the highest 25 points leaders and then the next 30 drivers must be:

Transgender Exhibitionist

Elvis Impersonator

ISIS Member

Hillbilly high on meth

Woman with raging PMS

Mexican Drug Lord

Brian France

Feminist

Loud Mouth Nazi

Flaming Homo

Eunuch

Professional Assassin