• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My windows 7 has issues

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@redseat and @TxHeat you have until July 28th of next year to upgrade if you don't want to get in a hurry. Understand that with Windows 10 there will be rolling updates and if you finally do take the plunge to upgrade you will get the latest build of 10 and not the original release slated for next Wednesday.

ooooooooooooooh. Thank you my good sir

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@redseat and @TxHeat you have until July 28th of next year to upgrade if you don't want to get in a hurry. Understand that with Windows 10 there will be rolling updates and if you finally do take the plunge to upgrade you will get the latest build of 10 and not the original release slated for next Wednesday.

I would never go with a new version right off the start. Let things settle down. I hadn't seen any reviews of 10 so thought I'd check with the experts.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes just told me not available in safe mode
In safe mode click start, then right click Computer, select manage. In the left pane of the window that opens expand Services and Applications, click on Services. In the center pane scroll down until you find Windows Update. Double click the entry, click Stop button, then in Startup type select Disabled. Click OK and reboot.

If the machine starts up in normal mode then undo the above by reversing the last two steps (i.e. set Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start), click Start button to start the service). Then run the Fix It tool.