• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 17 Recap

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The regular season is over, and the playoffs are set. Some teams go into the playoffs with on a roll. Some teams are going in, well, not on a roll. This week Matt Flynn sees Rodgers 5 TDs and raises him 1, the Giants and Cowboys go all in with the Boys leaving the table, the Falcons get the luck of the draw and go to New York instead of New Orleans, and the Jets just decide to fold. Here we go:

Week 17 Power Rankings:

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-They should have cut about half the players at halftime. What an embarrassment.
31. St Louis Rams-At least they tried in their last game.
30. Indianapolis Colts-It's going to be an interesting off-season in Indianapolis.
29. Cleveland Browns-The offense in Cleveland is a travesty.
28. Minnesota Vikings-Joe Webb and Toby Gerhart on one side, Josh McCown and Kahlil Bell on the other. Talk about a lack of star power in this one.
27. Washington Redskins-Fitting end to the year, blown out by the Eagles.
26. Jacksonville Jaguars-Nothing to see here. Gabbert stinks, Maurice Jones-Drew carries the team...again. They better get him some help, or they're going to kill him.
25. Buffalo Bills-In a season in which they teased the fans into thinking they were going to be good, they end it by teasing fans that they were going to beat New England, only to give up 49 straight points after being up 21-0.
24. Chicago Bears-Well, they prove they can beat a team who is also missing their starting QB and RB.
23. Kansas City Chiefs-Cancelled Tebow time this week.
22. Miami Dolphins-A rough season, but it has to be nice to knock the Jets out of the playoffs.
21. Carolina Panthers-Don't feel bad, nobody wins in New Orleans.
20. Seattle Seahawks-Don't feel bad, nobody beats Arizona in overtime.
19. New York Jets-I'm sorry Jets fans, but knowing that Rex Ryan will be home watching the playoffs makes me smile.
18. Oakland Raiders-Does Hue Jackson still think the Palmer deal was the best trade in NFL history, or is it only second best now?
17. Arizona Cardinals-Arizona should petition the league to make all of their games sudden death.
16. Dallas Cowboys-The only thing better than seeing Rex Ryan lose to miss the playoffs, is both Ryans losing to miss the playoffs.
15. Tennessee Titans-Should sue for half of CJ1K's money back, since his crappy season probably cost them the playoffs.
14. San Diego Chargers-Heated up in December, again, but it was too late this time.
13. Philadelphia Eagles-Playing as well as anybody, but like San Diego, too late.
12. Denver Broncos-They probably belong farther down this list, but since they made the playoffs, I'll make them 12th.
11. Cincinnati Bengals-Another team who backed into the playoffs. Filling out thank you cards to the Jets and Raiders as we speak.
10. Houston Texans-The good news is, they get the Bengals, who they beat with Yates once, and they're at home.
9. New York Giants-We'll see if Manning has some more playoff magic.
8. Atlanta Falcons-Got a HUGE break by missing out on a trip to New Oreans.
7. Detroit Lions-Took a HUGE blow by being forced to go to New Orleans.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers-Not exactly the dominant performance I was expecting Sunday.
5. Baltimore Ravens-Same record as Pittsburgh, but their regular season ownage of the Steelers gives them the week off.
4. New England Patriots-They're going to have to play defense against somebody, although maybe not in the AFC.
3. San Francisco 49ers-In a bracket with the Packers, Saints, and Lions, they can prove defense still wins championships.
2. New Orleans Saints-Their ability to run the ball might give them them an edge against Green Bay.
1. Green Bay Packers-So they sit their starter and their backup throws for almost 500 yards and 6 TDs? That's just not fair.

MVPs of the Week:

Matt Flynn-Wow. He just made himself a ton of money.
Ray Rice-Two long TD runs gave the Ravens a win and a bye week.
Chiefs D-The world was waiting for Tebow to comeback, but the Chiefs D shut him down.
Eli Manning-In a win or go home game, Eli was great.

Goats of the Week:

Jets-Laid a big green egg on the field Sunday. Enjoy your vacation. Santonio Holmes gets a double helping of goat.
Tim Tebow-6 of 22 for 60 yards, an INT and a fumble.
Raiders-Another team that could have made the playoffs, but got stomped by the Bolts.
Pro Bowl voters-How is Jordy Nelson not on the team? They guy is unstoppable.

Random Thoughts:
1. Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson didn't make the MVP list since they lost, but wow, what ridiculous numbers.
2. TEs put up some big numbers this year. Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham were off the charts.
3. Can we have a public debate between the Ryan brothers about which of their teams had the worst chokejob?
4. It was hysterical on Twitter everytime Denver got the ball. All the sportswriters kept saying "Here comes Tebow". But he never came.
5. THE BENGALS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Thank Vance, Im going to miss reading the weekly recaps, dam season flies by too quick.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah it does. I'll come up with some things to do during the offseason. I appreciate your and everybody else's feedback every week.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably move Miami much higher on your list. They went 6-3 down the stretch and the losses were a thanksgiving heartbreaker at Dallas, a home loss to the surging Eagles, and a close loss in New England. Even though their record isn't as good, I think they're clearly above the Jets, Raiders (remember what they recently did to them?), and Seahawks.

I guess this raises another question though..... Do you rank teams based on how you think they should be rated right now? Peter King always says his rankings are based on who he thinks wins a neutral field game this week. Your ratings seem to have more to do with the records. Is that right?

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I kind of just do it by feel. Record plays a small part, which is why I kept Miami down some, but I also take into account how they're currently playing, which is why Tampa is last and Chicago is so low, and if I can't decide, I'll go with who I think would win between the two teams.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles and Chargers are probably top 10 teams right now. Unfortunately for them, they played like bottom 10 teams in October.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually had Philly at #10, but decided to reward the teams that made the playoffs with the top 12. I was going to put Denver down around 18.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seconded. And I hate Baltimore, but I hate Pittsburgh even more, so it was fun to watch the Ravens beat their ass twice.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't fun to lose to 'em twice, but they're clearly best in the division this year......though I still really don't like their quarterback all that much....Rice is a real stud......

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flacco is better than a lot of QBs, but worse than a lot too. He needs to be more consistent and more accurate.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose he's going to get as good a chance as possible to prove himself this year.....