• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 16 Recap

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's one week to go in the NFL season, which saddens me. There are still a few playoff spots to be decided, so week 17 should have some intrigue. This week-the Colts win again, the Bucs stink again, the Cowboys blow it again, and Drew Brees is your new passing yards record holder. Here we go:

Week 16 Power Rankings:

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-The offense stinks. The defense stinks. This team has nothing at all to be happy about.
31. St Louis Rams-I have no idea why Stephen Jackson hasn't demanded a trade. What a waste of a great career.
30. Indianapolis Colts-Well, one more win, and they might not have to worry about that whole Manning/Luck controversy.
29. Cleveland Browns-There's nothing dumber than jumping offsides when you know the other teams's only goal is to make you jump offsides.
28. Jacksonville Jaguars-MJD should join up with Stephen Jackson and go on strike.
27. Washington Redskins-Knocked AP and Ponder both out of the game, and still let them put up 33 points.
26. Minnesota Vikings-What an awful year, capped by a major injury to their best player. One to remember.
25. Chicago Bears-Thank goodness Josh McCown came to the rescue.
24. Kansas City Chiefs-Oh, THAT's why Kyle Orton was expendable.
23. Miami Dolphins-Ladies and Gentlemen, the Miami Dolphins-masters of the blown lead.
22. Buffalo Bills-CJ Spiller emerging as a weapon. The Bills emerging from a 7 week nap.
21. Arizona Cardinals-Almost pulled off the comeback. On a related note, Arizona's governor is renaming Havasu Falls after Early Doucet.
20. San Diego Chargers-What an opportune time for Philip Rivers to remember he sucks this year.
19. Seattle Seahawks-Marshawn Lynch just keeps scoring TDs, even against the team that doesn't give up rushing TDs.
18. New York Jets-If Mark Sanchez throws 59 passes, you can be sure they lost.
17. Carolina Panthers-Too bad they can't play Tampa every game.
16. Oakland Raiders-Hue Jackson in the locker room "OK. Here's what we're going to do: Carson-I want you to throw at least 2 INTs. We have to get a lot of penalties to show we're tough. Then we'll throw a deep ball and let Janikowski kick an 80 yard FG to win. Now get out there and be somebody."
15. Dallas Cowboys-The Boys continue to be a model of inconsistency.
14. Tennessee Titans-If that loss to Indy costs them a playoff spot, there are going to be some tears shed.
13. Denver Broncos-Tebow-time got ran over by a reindeer, in Ralph Wilson Stadium Christas Eve.
12. Houston Texans-Talk about limping into the playoffs.
11. Philadelphia Eagles-Getting hot at the right time, but a game too late.
10. New York Giants-They keep pulling the Jekyll and Hyde routine. It's win or go home in week 17.
9. Cincinnati Bengals-They have no clue how to play with a lead.
8. Atlanta Falcons-Don't be mad that Drew Brees whipped you up one side of the field and down the other. You let the Saints convert 10 of 13 on 3rd down. That's on you.
7. Baltimore Ravens-Still didn't play well. Lucky for them Phil Taylor has happy feet.
6. Detroit Lions-Between them, the Packers, and the Saints, there are going to be some points put up in the NFC playoffs.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers-They played the Rams, so, you know..
4. San Francisco 49ers-If there's a defense that can slow down these high scoring NFC teams, this is it.
3. New England Patriots-When will their lack of defense catch up to them? Or will it at all?
2. New Orleans Saints-With a good running game to go with Brees, I really think they have a legit shot to knock of the Packers.
1. Green Bay Packers-In case Drew Brees was stealing some MVP talk, Rodgers reminds people who the best player in the league is.

MVPs of the Week:

Aaron Rodgers-5 TDs. Enough said.
Drew Brees-Congratulations to the new record holder.
Matthew Stafford-I thought this would be a great game, but Stafford destroyed the Bolts.
Cam Newton-Yeah, it was against a Tampa team playing about half the time, but still impressive.

Goats of the Week:

Phil Taylor-Doh! (Bengals fans will be reminded of Pat Sims)
Tim Tebow-I debated if I should put him here, because, aside from the INTs, he didn't do much different than usual, but 4 picks are 4 picks.
Cedric Benson-This one is personal, but somebody needs to tell him: TUCK THE FREAKING BALL AWAY!!!! That's 5 times he's put the ball on the ground in 2 games. He nearly cost them the game this week.
Whiny Falcons-Get over it. If you didn't want Brees to break the record on you, here's a novel idea. PLAY DEFENSE.

Random Thoughts:

1. Kahlil Bell looks legit, although the Packers D helped with that.
2. Marshawn Lynch ended a very impressive streak the 49ers had going.
3. I thought Skip Bayless would be upset last week. This week might have put him over the edge.
4. The Ravens continue to struggle against weak teams.
5. The Buccaneers continue to be a waste of space.
6. Adrian Peterson's injury is sad from an NFL fan's perspective, much less for the Vikings and their fans.
7. Drew Brees is amazing, but Aaron Rodgers should win MVP by a mile.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to disagree...... Good work per usual.

Should be an entertaining week 17.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks, and yeah. Bengals/Ravens and Giants/Cowboys are huge right up front.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
4. The Ravens continue to struggle against weak teams.

But you totally left out that we have beaten every good team we have faced...

The rest of the season and playoffs we face nothing but good teams, so look for our trend to continue..

Nice write Vance, but I totally disagree where you have us.

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think 4 is about right. Flacco is inconsistent. Boldin is hurt. At most, you could make a case for 3rd.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh yeah, my bad. LOL. I had them 6 last week, but nearly losing to the Browns shows inconsistency, especially coming off of a loss last week.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 10 would be....

GB, NO, NE, SF, BAL, PIT, DET, CIN, ATL, and HOU

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals are clearly no longer a top 10 team.
I'm not sure they would even be a top 20 team right now, although they would possibly still beat Tennessee (barely)