• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My too soon Iowa prediction thread

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a clue.

five weeks ago, Nebraska was going to beat Iowa. I don't mean the losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State changed my mind, it is that Iowa's offensive line was bad, real bad.

Now, Iowa has gotten its act together and this game is now a 55% Nebraska and 45% Iowa for me. Throw in that it is played in Iowa Shitty doesn't worry me yet.

One of my wife's employees is an Iowa alum and fan and is having a party, we will be in Lincoln for Thanksgiving. This will make it interesting. He has enough gumption to actually give my wife crap if Iowa wins.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4702548.jpg

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real though, our Defense is pretty sound. With the exception of the Urban game of course.

I think first team to 17 wins on Friday.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't have a clue.

five weeks ago, Nebraska was going to beat Iowa. I don't mean the losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State changed my mind, it is that Iowa's offensive line was bad, real bad.

Now, Iowa has gotten its act together and this game is now a 55% Nebraska and 45% Iowa for me. Throw in that it is played in Iowa Shitty doesn't worry me yet.

One of my wife's employees is an Iowa alum and fan and is having a party, we will be in Lincoln for Thanksgiving. This will make it interesting. He has enough gumption to actually give my wife crap if Iowa wins.

If TA can't play, even though I have some doubts as to whether Fyfe has enough game experience to lead Nebraska to a win, I believe Fyfe has enough talent to lead us to a win. The big issue is whether Riley and Langsdorf can give him a gameplan to give him the best chance to succeed. Now THAT is the 64K question!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For real though, our Defense is pretty sound. With the exception of the Urban game of course.

I think first team to 17 wins on Friday.

What scares me about our defense is they can be doing great for a long stretch of a game, and than all of a sudden they allow a team to score like Maryland did on that absurd 92yd pass play. One ridiculous play like that could lead to a loss against Iowa, because it may be that close of a game.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the iowa City is a pretty cool place to visit for a game, it's been quite a few years since I was there late 90's series with them, drove down from Chicago with some buddies on a road trip. Would def go back there again great pre game outside of the stadium. We might lose

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that Iowa will still be gay on Saturday morning.

Not like, happy and smiling gay. But huge veiny cock in the ass and balls in their mouth gay.

There is a difference, you know.

Also ,fuck Iowa .

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I predict that Iowa will still be gay on Saturday morning.

Not like, happy and smiling gay. But huge veiny cock in the ass and balls in their mouth gay.

There is a difference, you know.

Also ,fuck Iowa .

I have an Iowa fan on my pool league team. I should get you two fellas together! lol

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly the iowa City is a pretty cool place to visit for a game, it's been quite a few years since I was there late 90's series with them, drove down from Chicago with some buddies on a road trip. Would def go back there again great pre game outside of the stadium. We might lose

There's about a 60% chance we'll lose against Iowa according to Vegas odds. True story! A win and having a 10 win season will take some of the sting away from that debacle in Columbus Ohio. I'm guessing here, but Minnesota has about a 25% chance of beating Wisconsin. If the stars line up right, and Nebraska ends up in the conference title game, I'm hopeful Riley prepares the team better for that game.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude get off his ass. He's not gay.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where did you find that 60% chance of losing?(link please) I see opening with Nebraska +2.5 - +3 in Kinnick stadium That sounds like they're giving Iowas home field advantage to me.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has two good running backs.

The only team that Iowa has beaten is Michigan, then the rest are cupcakes. They lost to Penn State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and North Dakota State. They lost to Wisconsin, Northwestern, and NDSU all in Iowa Shitty. Home field is not an advantage.

Iowa did get their lucky win out of them with the win over Michigan.

Who has Nebraska beat? Wyoming and the same types of cupcakes Iowa has beaten. Nebraska has not lost to someone that they should not have lost to. Iowa has lost to NDSU(FCS but quality) and Northwestern, both in Iowa Shitty.

Beathard is not having the excellent year like he had last year. He has no go to receiver. Iowa can run, which is Nebraska's strength in stopping. Beathard is not a running QB, he is just a game manager.

Penn State proved that Iowa can be run on and a dual threat QB gives Iowa problems. Northwestern ran on them. NDSU ran on them. Wisconsin Cory Clement ran for over 100 on them. Terrell Newby and maybe Tre Bryant need to have good games. The O line can hopefully miraculously heal up in a short week.

If Tommy plays and can run(hamstring injuries are not good ones to have and come back quick on), Nebraska wins this game.

If Ryker Fyfe is in there, then the O Line and defense will have to be superior to win this game.

I think Nebraska's defense is better than Iowa's defense.
I think Nebraska's offense is better than Iowa's offense.
I think Iowa's special teams are better than Nebraska's special teams.

Armstrong 75% Nebraska wins. It is a road game, and Nebraska has not beaten a good team on the road. Northwestern and Indiana are no where near the crazy crowd places like Iowa is. Is Iowa a good team? They beat Michigan.

Fyfe 45% Nebraska wins. I am not convinced the O line can play well enough to overcome Fyfe's mistakes. Watching him throw last week was not good. He had some good throws, but he also made some really bad throws(sidearm, too high) and two questionable decision throws. He was lucky it was Maryland. Nebraska could not run at will on Maryland either.

Heal up, Tommy. Last regular season game of your college career. And it is a big one.

Also, go Minnesota Golden Gophers.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't worry guys, i'm picking Iowa and Wisconsin to win this weekend.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's about a 60% chance we'll lose against Iowa according to Vegas odds. True story! A win and having a 10 win season will take some of the sting away from that debacle in Columbus Ohio. I'm guessing here, but Minnesota has about a 25% chance of beating Wisconsin. If the stars line up right, and Nebraska ends up in the conference title game, I'm hopeful Riley prepares the team better for that game.
Is this your 60%?
Nebraska vs. Iowa - Game Summary - November 25, 2016 - ESPN
If so I hope you understand it has nothing to do with Vegas odds or our chances of losing.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the QBs are Darlington and Jackson, this is almost a guaranteed loss. Not because of lack of talent, but lack of preparation and not enough offensive line to keep them safe and upright.

Neither has taken an actual live game snap in college as a QB. Darlington is just now learning the plays since he moved to Wide Receiver to start the year. Lamar is really just now learning the offensive plays. Imagine his head is spinning round and round.

I guess Nebraska will come out in that Bruce Read Swinging gate Xp try a lot.

Banker had better be brilliant.

the pain, the pain, the pain. I just might get real drunk before the game so I can pass out.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy will be out there. Just hope he gets us up fast and then the defense can finish it off when Tommy goes out.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that the visitors locker room is painted PINK !!!

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy will be out there. Just hope he gets us up fast and then the defense can finish it off when Tommy goes out.
he had a ham string a couple of weeks ago
then Fyfe has no left hand ---it was removed
the third straaang QB will have ta shine in Iowa City
Huskers will prevail even though the 3 point odds ---book it !!