• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My take on the playoffs:

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping that Clemson & Alabama would meet in the finals for the third straight year, but that's not going to happen. It would have been cool, but since they are going toe-to-toe in the first round, only one of them will make the championship game.

CLEMSON VS ALABAMA in the SUGAR BOWL: Alabama's production really tailed off during the second half of the season. Part of that was the competition they were going up against, but much of it was due to the constant piling up of injuries - especially on defense. Poor execution & bad play calling also played a factor, but it was clear down the stretch that this was not a championship caliber football team.

Alabama will have a few of their injured players back, but a few weeks of practice can't adequately compensate for the continuity of gameplay that will be missing. This game could get into the low 30's, but I look for it to be more like 23-17 in Clemson's favor.

OKLAHOMA VS GEORGIA in the ROSE BOWL: The Bulldogs will likely have the stoutest defense and the best running game that Oklahoma has faced all season, but the Sooners have the most dynamic player in the game in Baker Mayfield. There will probably be a lot of scoring in this game unless the Bulldogs can control the line of scrimmage & wear the Sooners down. Georgia gave up a lot of points to a much less talented Missouri team, so I'm thinking Oklahoma finds a way to turn this into & shootout and wins it 41-37.

The CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: One thing's for sure, one of the teams in this game will be there for the third consecutive year, the other for the first time ever. Clemson no longer has Deshaun Watson, which would provide an equalizer for Mayfield, with the Tigers' superior defense making the difference in the game. And, coming off a very physical game against Alabama, I'm not sure Clemson will have enough juice left in their tank to pull off a repeat; so I am picking Oklahoma to bring home the national title, 33-29.

I don't think the Sooners will be back to defend the title next January, but Clemson & Alabama have a good shot at being in the field again.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't reading all that shit.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I'm glad I was wrong on both my semi-final predictions!

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I'm glad I was wrong on both my semi-final predictions!

If you're a Clemson/LSU/Alabama fan I'm not really sure I have much respect for your judgement or opinion. It kind of puts you in Droider territory.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, UGA definitely wasn't the best defense OU faced all season......

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping that Clemson & Alabama would meet in the finals for the third straight year, but that's not going to happen. It would have been cool, but since they are going toe-to-toe in the first round, only one of them will make the championship game.

CLEMSON VS ALABAMA in the SUGAR BOWL: Alabama's production really tailed off during the second half of the season. Part of that was the competition they were going up against, but much of it was due to the constant piling up of injuries - especially on defense. Poor execution & bad play calling also played a factor, but it was clear down the stretch that this was not a championship caliber football team.

Alabama will have a few of their injured players back, but a few weeks of practice can't adequately compensate for the continuity of gameplay that will be missing. This game could get into the low 30's, but I look for it to be more like 23-17 in Clemson's favor.

OKLAHOMA VS GEORGIA in the ROSE BOWL: The Bulldogs will likely have the stoutest defense and the best running game that Oklahoma has faced all season, but the Sooners have the most dynamic player in the game in Baker Mayfield. There will probably be a lot of scoring in this game unless the Bulldogs can control the line of scrimmage & wear the Sooners down. Georgia gave up a lot of points to a much less talented Missouri team, so I'm thinking Oklahoma finds a way to turn this into & shootout and wins it 41-37.

The CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: One thing's for sure, one of the teams in this game will be there for the third consecutive year, the other for the first time ever. Clemson no longer has Deshaun Watson, which would provide an equalizer for Mayfield, with the Tigers' superior defense making the difference in the game. And, coming off a very physical game against Alabama, I'm not sure Clemson will have enough juice left in their tank to pull off a repeat; so I am picking Oklahoma to bring home the national title, 33-29.

I don't think the Sooners will be back to defend the title next January, but Clemson & Alabama have a good shot at being in the field again.

Good thing you are a fan of Bama and Clemson, it works out good for you either way every year lol

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't reading all that shit.

Ain't or can't, you do have the misfortune of being an LSU fan and I'm sure he haven't stopped drinking since LSU lost to Notre Dame again.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a Clemson/LSU/Alabama fan I'm not really sure I have much respect for your judgement or opinion. It kind of puts you in Droider territory.

I am first & foremost - and always have been - an Alabama fan. There is a certain mystique about LSU (especially under Les Miles) that made me a fan of them, too. I grew to like Clemson in recent years under Dabo Swinney's guidance. I also pull for Troy, which is only 45 miles or so from where I grew up; but there's only room for three shields under our avatar, so I left them off. I was glad to see them take down LSU earlier this season, and would have been happy if they had beaten Clemson last season. But the Crimson Tide always comes first.