• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My take on the Gordon situation

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess, I'd say there is or was some kind of deal laid on the table between the Lions and Cleveland. But I believe both teams are being caucious about it. I find certain things interesting about the situation:

Weeks ago, rumors spread about a possible Gordon trade and then it suddenly got swept under the rug. Now, reports start up again with the Brown asking at least a 2nd. I believe the Browns are driving the price up at the same time, letting him play for a few weeks so teams get a look at him. Plus, if its the Lions who are the leading canidates for Gordon, Cleveland is probably avoiding trading him to soon because they play Sunday. Waiting is an ideal situation for both parties.

What's significant about the Lions is that Leshoure hasn't seen the field at all and most could argue that he's good enough to at least see a couple of carries a game. Seems as if the team is saving him for something. Its odd. I'd guess the Lions offer would be Leshoure and a 3rd. Cleveland wants a two now, which forces the Lions to give it or add more on. Especially since its been reportes league-wide that Gordon is available.

If nothing happens throughout the week, Sunday's matchup between the two teams could mean more than just a game. I would look for something Monday or Tuesday. The bad thing is that the deadline is Oct 29th, so this gives Cleveland and others teams plenty of time to talk deals.