• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Post Game Thoughts

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see, i like this one, because it shows how he ran away from your tacklers....on his way to beating you
bilde

Just so you know, Taylor made the tackle on that play (and it was a pretty sweet tackle). He's probably not the guy to call out on our loss, because he played really, really well.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know, Taylor made the tackle on that play (and it was a pretty sweet tackle). He's probably not the guy to call out on our loss, because he played really, really well.

Taylor and Borland are good. The linebackers coming up behind them, too. Brandon Kelly will get better as this season goes along. But I'm not sure how we're going to stop these runs outside the tackles against teams who can make the defense worry about the pass. Kelly is just inexperienced and shows it regularly. NZegwu just doesn't have the size to hold up. His pass rush is nice, but he's gotta hold up against the run. Butrym is playing dinged up. Kohout really needs to step up his game.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

me apologies sir. i just picked the first picture that came up on google images when i searched braxton miller vs wisconsin.

if you prefer i could find another pic of him running through your defense:dance:

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor and Borland are good. The linebackers coming up behind them, too. Brandon Kelly will get better as this season goes along. But I'm not sure how we're going to stop these runs outside the tackles against teams who can make the defense worry about the pass. Kelly is just inexperienced and shows it regularly. NZegwu just doesn't have the size to hold up. His pass rush is nice, but he's gotta hold up against the run. Butrym is playing dinged up. Kohout really needs to step up his game.

not sure how big this boy is, but our lavonte david is only 6-1 220...he aint exactly a biggun and he has been killin it for 2 years now

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not gonna sugar coat it... our D-Line is absolutely terrible. They might as well have not shown up yesterday. They had more missed tackles than tackles. I called these guys the 35th best in the country earlier today, but I think I was too kind.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure how big this boy is, but our lavonte david is only 6-1 220...he aint exactly a biggun and he has been killin it for 2 years now

Lavonte David is a linebacker, not a D-End.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ i recall that post smart!! and then i said rankings of individual units don't mean shit if you don't win games and i think thats when forkem started gettin all mad at me en shit fer no damn reason :confused2:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna sugar coat it... our D-Line is absolutely terrible. They might as well have not shown up yesterday. They had more missed tackles than tackles. I called these guys the 35th best in the country earlier today, but I think I was too kind.

Ya. I hope it didn't sound like I was sugar coating it. I was just trying to explain what I think the problem is. Although, I don't know how to describe the DTs issues. I guess they're just....mediocre.

The thing is, they weren't last year. But I guess with Watt shooting into the backfield and making the play, maybe it was hard to tell. I'm glad Watt didn't waste his time and use his last year of eligibility, but damn what a difference he would make right now.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe that Wisconsin would be undefeated right now if Watt was still a Badger.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe that Wisconsin would be undefeated right now if Watt was still a Badger.

No doubt. That same is probably even true for John Clay if they used him correctly. Though was not explosive, we would not be failing on 3rd/4th and 1 if he were still on the team. If Lance Kendricks were one year younger, I also think we're undefeated. Again, it's not like we're losing by a lot. This team is decent punt protection away from a likely unbeaten season.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what else bothers me, and I can't remember if we talked about it.

"Co-Defensive Coordinators"

This was a stupid idea, and the fact that we didn't have a safety deep to protect the endzone kind of makes me feel even more strongly about that.

Watt-Kendricks-Dave Doeren; if only they were still there.

Personally, I think he should send Partridge or Ash in to take over special teams to replace whoever is bunking that up...convert the other to assistant defensive coordinator...and Bielema takes over the defense. No more of this.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A follow up on this: Mike Taylor had 22 tackles this week. I wish I could say that was a good thing, but the reason Taylor was getting a lot of those tackles is because our defensive line didn't. That brings the total number of tackles for Taylor and Borland on the season to 170. Meanwhile, our top defensive line tackler (Kelly) is at 25. This defensive line needs to step up, because it is just depressing to watch them struggle.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Watt is the biggest loss by far.

Yes having John Clay on 3rd or 4th and short would be nice. He wasn't going to break one, but he wouldn't get stuffed against the MSU or OSU defense either. Another 10-15 pounds on Ball's frame would do the same thing.

Yes Lance Kendricks was good, but so is Pederson.

The defensive line this year is just no good. It would be better if Gilbert wasn't hurt (hell, having him might have won the MSU and OSU games), but with Watt and Gilbert we'd have a whole different defense. Ohio State wouldn't have cracked 10 points against us.