• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Parting Thoughts on the Titans

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie George has "zero hope for the Titans future" and feels that the franchise is in 'dysfunction and disarray'.

Neil O'Donnell says "the Titans don't want to play for Ken Whisenhunt."

I didn't sleep tonight. It's 4am and I'm finally at peace and walking away from the Titans. I'll always love them and one day will come back but when that happens, at the very least the Titans will have been sold and probably even moved.

Philly was offering a king's ransom for that #2 that could have set this franchise up to really compete for a playoff win next season. Instead ownership, desperate for immediate profit just mortgaged the franchise on the back of a young QB who couldn't win a natty running Oregon's offense. Now he's expected to come in and run a completely offense behind a porous line with a complete and total lack of consistency in the run game?

Really. You're kidding me, right?

This makes sense to you? :noidea:

Tommy Smith is killing this team. Left unchecked, Tennessee is going to lose this franchise. The Jacksonville Jaguars are in a much better position to win over the next 5-7 years. Epic bumbling of the draft over the last decade and abysmally low fan support since Bud Adams died has this team in complete 'dysfunction and disarray' according to Mr. Titans himself. Tommy Smith is the NFL's Frank McCourt. He's treating this franchise and its fans as a personal ATM machine and it's time for the NFL to step in and force a sale.

The Titans had a perfect opportunity to reclaim alienated fans with this draft and they blew it. Zach Mettenberger wants out and after a 3-13 season next year, NO ONE will want to play for this perennial loser franchise any more.

Fans who've had PSL's since day one and Titans cheerleaders like George Plaster are done too. The Plaz is actually telling PSL owners to donate the tickets to charity or attend games to support the players but not pay for parking or concessions. That movement has already started and you just watch; the Titans go 0-3 to start the season and they'll be giving tickets away at Kroger.

Peace out!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that the Eagles offered two first-round picks, a third-round pick, defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, linebacker Mychal Kendricks, cornerback Brandon Boykin and “more” to the Titans. That is a lot. Like … an insane amount. Cox, Kendricks and Boykin are all young defenders who would either start right away or contribute plenty. And the Titans did have a young quarterback in Zach Mettenberger, who showed some good things as a rookie last year. Tennessee could have justified taking the mega-offer and rolling with Mettenberger for one more year.

Beyond belief. :L

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain because the Titans screwed up. If a team is willing to give you the farm to draft a spread QB you take the farm. I can't imagine how the Titans thought taking a QB was the answer to their multiple problems. They have a decent QB and their needs outweigh taking a huge chance on Mariota. He may be good but can't be expected to have the Titans ride his shoulders to the post-season. The Titans could have reaped huge rewards by trading him to Cleveland or Philly. They have so many needs that these early round draft choices they would have received would have helped. Hope I am wrong, but I see this as a disaster for the Titans.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that the Eagles offered two first-round picks, a third-round pick, defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, linebacker Mychal Kendricks, cornerback Brandon Boykin and “more” to the Titans. That is a lot. Like … an insane amount. Cox, Kendricks and Boykin are all young defenders who would either start right away or contribute plenty. And the Titans did have a young quarterback in Zach Mettenberger, who showed some good things as a rookie last year. Tennessee could have justified taking the mega-offer and rolling with Mettenberger for one more year.

Yep, I thought that deal was a no-brainer (if true). :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WestEndVol it feels good to be liberated from the Titans bullshit. They don't care about the fans and now I don't care about them. I listened to Kuharsky rip them a new one for the Mariota pick and just turned the radio off because it doesn't concern me anymore. I didn't burn any of my stuff; I'm just going to give it to my Dad who'll support them no matter what.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the team up for sale?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the team up for sale?

There is so much money in Nashville it's mindblowing. Real, old money. Tons of it.

For the life of me I don't understand why a local investment group doesn't partner with a very popular country music personality to buy the Titans and win back all the fans that fatass Tommy Smith has run off.

Also, you hearing that Prisco just came out and said Mettenberger is now and always will be twice the NFL QB that Mariota is?

Ruston Webster just mortgaged the Titans next 6-8 seasons on the back of a kid who couldn't win shit with the Oregon offense in college but is supposed to come in and take the Titans to the promised land. Why? Because he knows that either way, ownership won't be able to fire him at the end of the season because this experiment will have to play out. Same, exact thing with Wiz. That's 100% what this pick was about; them not the Titans.

LOL @ the Titans

My Dad still doesn't believe I'm done with the Titans. Tried to give him my two $100 Titans Nike polos and a $30 hat but he wouldn't accept saying I'd be back by Week 6.

We'll see, Dad.

#BoltUp

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much money in Nashville it's mindblowing. Real, old money. Tons of it.

For the life of me I don't understand why a local investment group doesn't partner with a very popular country music personality to buy the Titans and win back all the fans that fatass Tommy Smith has run off.

Also, you hearing that Prisco just came out and said Mettenberger is now and always will be twice the NFL QB that Mariota is?

Ruston Webster just mortgaged the Titans next 6-8 seasons on the back of a kid who couldn't win shit with the Oregon offense in college but is supposed to come in and take the Titans to the promised land. Why? Because he knows that either way, ownership won't be able to fire him at the end of the season because this experiment will have to play out. Same, exact thing with Wiz. That's 100% what this pick was about; them not the Titans.

LOL @ the Titans

My Dad still doesn't believe I'm done with the Titans. Tried to give him my two $100 Titans Nike polos and a $30 hat but he wouldn't accept saying I'd be back by Week 6.

We'll see, Dad.

#BoltUp

Use some of SportsHoopla's cash to partner up with Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney to buy the team. Then you can drunkingly hit on Faith Hill in the owner's box.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Use some of SportsHoopla's cash to partner up with Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney to buy the team. Then you can drunkingly hit on Faith Hill in the owner's box.

Best idea ever! Go Titans.

Last edited:

Bettin' Freddie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've misjudged this - badly. Mariota is a star. If DGB pans out, this is a draft that changed everything for a long time. The pieces Philly was offering were nice, but only 2 1sts, really just a swap of this years, isn't going to be a franchise changer. Seems like you probably have been looking for an excuse to jump ship for awhile now and now you have it. Farewell "fan"

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've misjudged this - badly. Mariota is a star. If DGB pans out, this is a draft that changed everything for a long time. The pieces Philly was offering were nice, but only 2 1sts, really just a swap of this years, isn't going to be a franchise changer. Seems like you probably have been looking for an excuse to jump ship for awhile now and now you have it. Farewell "fan"

Thank you for your opinion.

It means everything to me.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie George has "zero hope for the Titans future" and feels that the franchise is in 'dysfunction and disarray'.

Neil O'Donnell says "the Titans don't want to play for Ken Whisenhunt."

I didn't sleep tonight. It's 4am and I'm finally at peace and walking away from the Titans. I'll always love them and one day will come back but when that happens, at the very least the Titans will have been sold and probably even moved.

Philly was offering a king's ransom for that #2 that could have set this franchise up to really compete for a playoff win next season. Instead ownership, desperate for immediate profit just mortgaged the franchise on the back of a young QB who couldn't win a natty running Oregon's offense. Now he's expected to come in and run a completely offense behind a porous line with a complete and total lack of consistency in the run game?

Really. You're kidding me, right?

This makes sense to you? :noidea:

Tommy Smith is killing this team. Left unchecked, Tennessee is going to lose this franchise. The Jacksonville Jaguars are in a much better position to win over the next 5-7 years. Epic bumbling of the draft over the last decade and abysmally low fan support since Bud Adams died has this team in complete 'dysfunction and disarray' according to Mr. Titans himself. Tommy Smith is the NFL's Frank McCourt. He's treating this franchise and its fans as a personal ATM machine and it's time for the NFL to step in and force a sale.

The Titans had a perfect opportunity to reclaim alienated fans with this draft and they blew it. Zach Mettenberger wants out and after a 3-13 season next year, NO ONE will want to play for this perennial loser franchise any more.

Fans who've had PSL's since day one and Titans cheerleaders like George Plaster are done too. The Plaz is actually telling PSL owners to donate the tickets to charity or attend games to support the players but not pay for parking or concessions. That movement has already started and you just watch; the Titans go 0-3 to start the season and they'll be giving tickets away at Kroger.

Peace out!

Not gonna lie i was and am a big fan of Mettenberger. I thought Mett played very well last year and he actually set a franchise record in pass yards for rookie against Houston throwing 300 yards in his first game. Also he set a NFL rookie record in passing on MNF against Steelers throwing an 80 yard bomb to Nate Washington. Mett threw for 345 yards including 8 passes over twenty yards against Philly. The reason he couldn't win was no offensive line,run game and league worst defense. I too thought they should've took all the picks and players in a trade for Mariota. However since they didn't i hope like hell Mariota ends up playing well. Hard for me to walk away i've been a diehard since day one in 1999. Things will get better the main reason the team sucked was Jake Locker hard to win when your starter has trouble completing 50% of his passes and always injured.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie i was and am a big fan of Mettenberger. I thought Mett played very well last year and he actually set a franchise record in pass yards for rookie against Houston throwing 300 yards in his first game. Also he set a NFL rookie record in passing on MNF against Steelers throwing an 80 yard bomb to Nate Washington. Mett threw for 345 yards including 8 passes over twenty yards against Philly. The reason he couldn't win was no offensive line,run game and league worst defense. I too thought they should've took all the picks and players in a trade for Mariota. However since they didn't i hope like hell Mariota ends up playing well. Hard for me to walk away i've been a diehard since day one in 1999. Things will get better the main reason the team sucked was Jake Locker hard to win when your starter has trouble completing 50% of his passes and always injured.

And therein lies the problem! You know this stuff, I know this stuff, your average Titans fan knows this stuff bu Whisenhunt, Webster and Smith have no clue?! How can this be?!

We use a top draft pick on a dominant LT and then totally squander the dude by not finishing the deal. This is very basic football stuff. Now we draft a system QB who couldn't win it all in college with the Oregon offense but now he's supposed to carry the Tennessee freakin Titans to the promised land? Puhlease!

Literally NO run game, a porous OL, underwhelming receivers and poor pass protection. But yeah, Marioya is going to be amaaaaaaazing.

I ain't buyin' in.

When the Titans are sold to responsible ownership and we stop alienating guys like Eddie "Mr. Titans" George, I'll be back.

This season is going to be a disaster and some aloof Hawaiian QB ain't gonna change shit.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm so proud of myself for not being a part of that nonsense when I got back to Nashville. I can hold my head high and say proudly that Tommy Smith has not one nickle of my money.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HD, don't worry, I think Titan fans will save a seat for you on the bandwagon when they are going to the playoffs in the near future behind the mind, legs and arms of Mariota.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm so proud of myself for not being a part of that nonsense when I got back to Nashville. I can hold my head high and say proudly that Tommy Smith has not one nickle of my money.

I meant to ask you are you a Nashville native i saw where under your avatar had Vandy but also San Diego teams.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL @ the Titans

We'll see, Dad.

#BoltUp

I also thought GM and head coach did this to buy themselves time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all due respect you guys are touting his pgh game, our d could be shredded by tebow, and well it was at one point

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your farewell post was spot on Hammer, since Fisher left...TN has fallen into the hands of people that don't know what they're doing...but hopefully you're still clinging...I'm hearing rumors that the Jets are interested in Mett...of course nothing close to what MM would've brought, but if they can parlay Mett into a 2nd rd '16...they will have a little house money to work with next year.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your farewell post was spot on Hammer, since Fisher left...TN has fallen into the hands of people that don't know what they're doing...but hopefully you're still clinging...I'm hearing rumors that the Jets are interested in Mett...of course nothing close to what MM would've brought, but if they can parlay Mett into a 2nd rd '16...they will have a little house money to work with next year.

I'll come back when the house gets cleaned. People criticize me around here for "quitting." Right. So are Eddie "Mr. Titans" George and all the other alienated ex-players quitters too?