• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My official Week 2 thread

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Ohio State Buckeyes - Recap - September 06, 2014 - ESPN

For this game, I actually think it's less about bad Ohio State and about a good Virginia Tech team. Look, we knew Ohio State was hobbled, but what a good job the Hokies did! This is their highest-ranked opponent they've ever beaten, and now I'm feeling a lot better about picking the Hokies in the ACC... and about me bailing on the Buckeyes.

This is definitely not the highest ranked team the Hokies have beaten:

Miami (FL) Hurricanes vs. Virginia Tech Hokies - Recap - November 01, 2003 - ESPN

West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Virginia Tech Hokies - Box Score - October 02, 2004 - ESPN

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 recap

And finally, it's time for "What we learned this week" (Week 2 edition)!

What I learned in Week 2 is this:

1. Either the Big 10 will be the most balanced conference in the country, or the weakest "Power 5" conference in the country.

2. Michigan is in big trouble. :lame:

3. Michigan State (despite the loss in Eugene) is now the big favorite in the Big 10.

4. Virginia Tech is on their way back to the top. :clap:

5. Some of the FBS "weak sisters" like New Mexico State, Army, Nevada, and Central Michigan aren't as helpless as we thought.

And finally, the Week 3 schedule is f---ing weak. There's a reason why College Gameday is going back to North Dakota State 6 days from now.

With that, I leave you to make lemonade out of your college games. See you on Thursday for another weekly thread!

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A book, with every post a chapter.