• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My mock draft 4.0

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Colts- Andrew Luck QB 6'4" 234 Stanford
The Colts are the luckiest Franchise in NFL History! If Luck pans out the Colts will go a whole generation with stability at the most important position in Pro Sports.

2. Redskins- Robert Griffin III QB 6'2⅜" 231 Baylor
The talent is there but by trading away so much to move up for him the Redskins may have actually stunted Griffin’s development by robbing him of the draft picks needed to surround him with the players necessary to compete.

3. Vikings- Matt Kalil OT 6'6⅝" 306 USC
If the Vikings stay put Kalil is the safest pick in the draft. But with the Tannehill sweepstakes heating up the Vikings have recently suggested that they are willing to move down if the price is right.

4. Browns- Trent Richardson RB 5'9¼" 228 Alabama
Richardson is the type of player upon which you can build a franchise around and for the first time since the Browns returned to the NFL there is hope in C-town.

5. Buccaneers- Morris Claiborne CB 5'11⅛" 188 LSU
The Bucs did a lot of the heavy lifting through Free Agency so the draft allows them to take the best player available.

6. Rams- Justin Blackmon WR 6'0⅞" 207 Oklahoma State
Again this is the best move in the draft. The Rams trade back, gets a boatload of additional picks, and still gets the player they wanted all along.

7. Chiefs (trade w/Jaguars)- Ryan Tannehill QB 6'3⅞" 221 Texas A&M
The first curveball of the draft. Where there’s smoke there’s fire and this rumor appears to be gaining traction.

8. Dolphins- Melvin Ingram DE 6'1½" 264 South Carolina
The Dolphins, shattered and heartbroken, settle for Ingram after the Chiefs leapfrog ahead of them to take Tannehill.

9. Panthers- Fletcher Cox DT 6'4" 298 Mississippi State
Former defensive coordinator Ron Rivera takes the hottest defensive prospect in the draft.

10. Bills- Cordy Glenn OG 6'5¾" 345 Georgia
The second curveball in the draft may actually be the most surprising. The Bills recently brought Glenn in for a visit, which may signal they plan on selecting the versatile lineman from Georgia.

11. Jaguars (trade w/chiefs) - Michael Brockers DT 6'5" 322 LSU
The Chiefs make the Jags an offer they can’t refuse.

12. Seahawks- Luke Kuechly ILB 6'3¼" 242 Boston College
With the departure of both Lofa Tatupu and David Hawthorne the selection of Kuechly represents draft need meeting best player available.

13. Cardinals- Riley Reiff OT 6'5¾" 313 Iowa
The Cardinals are thrilled to see the player they wanted all along fall to them.

14. Cowboys- Mark Barron S 6'1" 213 Alabama
The Cowboys shored up the CB position in Free Agency with the signing of Brandon Carr now they turn their attention to the back-end of their secondary and select one of the most underrated players in the draft.

15. Eagles- Dontari Poe DT 6'3½" 346 Memphis
The Eagles roster is stocked for a Super Bowl run and can afford to take the best player available.

16. Jets- Michael Floyd WR 6'2⅝" 220 Notre Dame
This picks comes down to a coin toss between the best pass rusher and WR with the former golden domer barely winning out.

17. Bengals- David DeCastro OG 6'4⅞" 316 Stanford
The Bengals settle for DeCasto after the Jets take the player they wanted one selection before their pick.

18. Chargers- Courtney Upshaw OLB 6'1⅝" 272 Alabama
The Chargers start the run on the best remaining defensive players.

19. Bears- Quinton Coples DE 6'5¾" 284 North Carolina
The Bears stop the former Tar Heels slide while adding a valuable addition to their D-line. Coples is versatile enough to play inside or out in Chicago’s “Tampa 2” defense as his best years at North Carolina were playing inside at DT.

20. Titans- Stephon Gilmore CB 6'0½" 190 South Carolina
Losing Cortland Finnegan really hurt the Titans and now they'll be forced to reach for Gilmore in an attempt to replace their former All-Pro CB.

21. Bengals- Dont'a Hightower ILB 6'2¼" 265 Alabama
Marvin’s man crush on Upshaw was a smoke screen for Hightower the player he truly wanted all along. This pick, coupled with Keith Rivers trade to the Giants, serves notice to Rey Maualuga that his antics will no longer be tolerated.

22. Browns- Kendall Wright WR 5'10¼" 196 Baylor
The Browns having built a solid defense through the Draft and Free Agency spend the second of their 1st Round picks to bolster their offense.

23. Lions- Dre Kirkpatrick CB 6'1⅝" 185 Alabama
Overall the Lions are a solid team with the only exception being their secondary.

24. Steelers- Mike Adams OT 6'7¼" 323 Ohio State
The Steelers start the rebuilding process the Steeler way, in the trenches.

25. Broncos- Peter Konz OC 6'5" 314 Wisconsin
J.D. Walton is by far the worst Center in the League and for the sake of Manning's health needs to be replaced immediately!

26. Texans- Stephen Hill WR 6'4" 215 Georgia Tech
The Texans have to find another weapon to take pressure off and eventually replace the aging Andre Johnson.

27. Patriots- Whitney Mercilus OLB 6'3⅝" 261 Illinois
I can honestly see Whitney Mercilus going a lot higher than this as he reminds me of Aldon Smith, the 49er pass rushing phenom who lead all rookies last season with 14 sacks. The phrase of the Day in the Patriot's War Room on April 26th? Pass rushers..... pass rushers..... pass rushers!

28. Packers- Chandler Jones DE 6'5" 247 Syracuse
The Packers in desperate need of another pass rusher select the former Syracuse Orangemen to pair with Clay Matthews Jr's long-haired baby boy.

29. Ravens- Jonathan Martin OT 6'5⅜" 312 Stanford
I can honestly see Andre Branch or Nick Perry’s name coming up in conversation but Martin at this pick offers the most value.

30. 49ers- Rueben Randle WR 6'2⅞" 210 LSU
Somewhat of a surprise pick but looking at the recent draftee visits it appears the 49er’s are looking to add some punch to their offense. This selection comes down to a toss up between Randle and Virginia Tech running back David Wilson.

31. Patriots- Janoris Jenkins CB 5'10" 193 North Alabama
For far too long the Patriots have gotten by on retreads on defense while concentrating their attention and dollars on their prolific offensive and it cost them two Super Bowls to the Giants. This year Bill Belichick gets back to his roots and brings in the pieces necessary to restore his reputation as a defensive guru.

32. New York Giants- Coby Fleener TE 6'6" 247 Stanford
I’ve gone back and fourth on this pick. My first couple of mocks I had the Giants selecting a RB then I changed up and penciled in OLB Lavonte David but with the recent Keith Rivers trade and TE Jake Ballard’s injury I now have the Giants selecting the former Cardinal playmaker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see DeCastro getting to 17.

I don't see Glenn at where the bills pick, but they've made some head-scratching moves before.

If Glenn goes to the Bills, no way DeCastro makes it to 17.

I've also heard rumors of Miami trading up to grab Tannenhill

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordy Glenn
David DeCastro
Dre Kirkpatrick
Janoris Jenkins
Dont'a Hightower
Mark Barron

Any two of those six would have to be considered at least acceptable in the first round.....we have so many needs (mlb, g, wr, s, cb) it's going to be difficult not to fill two of them...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Marvin will select another Alabama player in the first round. He acted all butt-hurt 2 or 3 years ago because he felt like Saban lied to him about Smith's work ethic.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Marvin will select another Alabama player in the first round. He acted all butt-hurt 2 or 3 years ago because he felt like Saban lied to him about Smith's work ethic.

That's Marvin's fault. If he didn't see Titsmcgee running without his shirt on and know there was an issue....well, that's Marvin for ya and the Bengal way of scouting.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yup, embarrassing that he would even THINK that, let alone say it.

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see Glenn at where the bills pick, but they've made some head-scratching moves before.

If Glenn goes to the Bills, no way DeCastro makes it to 17.

I've also heard rumors of Miami trading up to grab Tannenhill

Im just as surprised as you are but apparently the Bills have a man crush on Glenn.

excerpt~

This morning, Chris Brown of the official BuffaloBills.com reported that the team had Georgia OL Cordy Glenn in for a visit last month. Glenn only has one year of experience at left tackle, but it was in the major league of college football, the SEC. Joe Buscaglia, Bills beat reporter for WGR 500 radio in Buffalo, believes that Glenn is "right in the conversation" at No. 10 with Reiff, Martin and WR Michael Floyd.

Glenn's athleticism and terrific natural size (6'4", 355 lbs) make him a quality first-round pick, but most had him going around the Cincinnati Bengals' pair of picks at No. 17 and No. 21.

Brown refers to the debate about whether Glenn belongs at tackle or his previous position, offensive guard. The reality is that being able to project as at least an adequate player at four of the five offensive line positions only enhances Glenn's value, especially to a team that suffered so many injuries on the line last year.

I do believe that he shows the lateral agility, punch and balance to stay at left tackle and be a quality pick for Buffalo.

2012 NFL Draft: Could Georgia OL Cordy Glenn Be a Top-10 Pick? | Bleacher Report

Casserly on Cordy Glenn

As we profiled just how tight the caliber of talent is in the mid-first round of this year’s draft class on the home page of Buffalobills.com, we mentioned OT/G Cordy Glenn, who is the subject of debate by NFL clubs. Some teams see him as a right tackle/guard while others believe he proved in 2011 at Georgia that he has a future at left tackle. Former NFL GM Charley Casserly offered the following on Glenn to Buffalobills.com as far as him projecting to left tackle is concerned.
“There are a lot of guys that play in this league that aren’t as good as him that are playing left tackle,” said Casserly. ”In a perfect world I play him at right tackle. If you want to line him up at left you see what he can do.”
Knowing Buffalo’s need for a left tackle Glenn is considered an option for the Bills at 10, and though there’s debate as to whether or not Glenn is a true left tackle prospect Casserly brings up a very good point as his talents apply to Buffalo.
“A lot of what the Bills did last year offensively that ball got out of there pretty quick,” said Casserly. ”And with that in mind you can play with a left tackle that may not be a premiere one.”

Inside The Bills | Casserly on Cordy Glenn

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its looking more and more like Glenn may actually end up in Buffalo.

excerpt~

Another LT option for Bills

Though the Buffalo Bills have an incumbent option at left tackle already on the roster in Chris Hairston, the buzz persists that this is the position that they'll target early on in the draft; if not in Round 1 (No. 10 overall), then soon thereafter.

Iowa's Riley Reiff and Stanford's Jonathan Martin have been particularly popular choices for Buffalo in mock drafts, but they are not their only options. In fact, in the most recent mock draft of Joe Buscaglia of WGR 550 Radio, the Bills reporter sent the team Georgia's Cordy Glenn at No. 10 overall. In Buscaglia's opinion, Glenn has the prototypical size for what the Bills want at the LT position, and he's the second-best OT prospect in this year's class, after USC's Matt Kalil, who will likely be long-gone by the time the Bills pick.

NFL Rumors - NFL Trade Rumors, Free Agency Rumors and More - Rumor Central - ESPN

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If a team honestly thinks Glenn is an NFL LT, then he could go that high.