• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Mock 1.0

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9. Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee: DE seems to be the biggest need on the team and they have talked extensively about adding one. Barnett seems like the next guy after Garrett and Thomas who are both likely gone.
41. Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee: I think Mixon is their first choice, but I don't think he will be there. Kamara adds some impressive potential, but has never been "the guy" at RB. Dalvin Cook is also a possibility here if he drops to 41, which seems to be a distinct possibility.
73. Pat Elflein, C, Ohio State: Elflein is a stud center, but can also play OG. With how bad our looks and the fact Smith may not be great at guard, someone with some versatility would be a bonus.
116. D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas: Big back who still has break away speed. Fits the type of RB that the Bengals would want to replace Jeremy Hill with.
138. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M: We need a WR to add some deep speed opposite Green and Reynolds is a lot like 2 other WR the Bengals have had recently in Marvin Jones and Chris Henry.
153. Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas: The Bengals could target a TE early, but if they don't I think they will later. Eifert is a FA after this year and if he gets injured again, they may not give him the money he wants. Kroft hasn't show enough yet so be truster.
176. Conner McDermott, OT, UCLA: They likely take a later round OT like most teams do and McDermott fits that bill.
193. Keionta Davis, DE, Chattanooga: Davis fits more of the mold the Bengals look for in their DE. While he isn't as tall, he is stouter and can likely slide inside on passing downs.
217. Ishmael Zamora, WR, Baylor: Zamora is a big, talented guy who got into some trouble while at Baylor. He is a big time potential player the Bengals can take a chance on this late.
227. Ben Gedeon, LB, Michigan: Everyone expects the Bengals to take a LB early, but with Burfict, Vigil, Minter and Rey entrenched as their main LB, I just don't see it. Gedeon is consistent and has size.
251. Brendan Langley, CB, Southland: Bengals don't really need a CB, but i can't imagine them not taking a CB at all. Langley is a size and speed guy who hasn't played the position long. Seems like a PS stash guy.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to give then a 2nd RB. I'd say they take LB in the 4th. Anthony Walker Jr. Or Kendell Beckwith

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot!

Sorry. I had to get that out of the way. It's mandatory for all mock-drafts.

I agree with the first pick. I think it's been Barnett all along. He fits the Bengals recent first round draft strategy - Bigger school, big production..... I guess they say his ceiling is a little low for a guy picked at 9. But most people agree that he's a true football player and I think he might be the rare guy that gets to actually play in his first year. We'll see.

I'd be thrilled with a RB and C in the top 3 rounds.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hobspin is planting the seeds of Barnett not being the pick due to his measurables from the combine.

He is advocating for OJ Howard.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with Howard too. Eifert is made of glass

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hobspin is planting the seeds of Barnett not being the pick due to his measurables from the combine.

He is advocating for OJ Howard.

Wishful thinking for ole Butch..... He's just not looking forward to writing 10 offseason articles about how the Bengals offense will be just fine with Tyler Kroft as the starter. Some things are even beyond his imagination.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another year where we get a good draft pick.

some key players will get injured mid season and they will chalk it up to bad luck again.