• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Dog Moose

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: We drove him straight down to Kansas State, which was only about a 3 hour drive fortunately. They are basically the Mayo Clinic for dogs. Best in the world. He had a SUCCESSFUL surgery. Basically what was going on is that he had a "slipped disc" that was pressing directly up on his spinal cord which cuts off all direction from his brain to his rear legs to say "hey, move."

He still has feeling or what's known as "deep pain" in his feet, and that is critical apparently. He's been given an 80-90% chance of full recovery.

Good shit.

cavecookie

Pickin' and Grinnin'!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to hear that. Hope you and Moose have many happy, healthy years together!

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: We drove him straight down to Kansas State, which was only about a 3 hour drive fortunately. They are basically the Mayo Clinic for dogs. Best in the world. He had a SUCCESSFUL surgery. Basically what was going on is that he had a "slipped disc" that was pressing directly up on his spinal cord which cuts off all direction from his brain to his rear legs to say "hey, move."

He still has feeling or what's known as "deep pain" in his feet, and that is critical apparently. He's been given an 80-90% chance of full recovery.

Good shit.
:yes::yes::yes:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great to hear Brasky.

Pets are what keep us sane in this insane world. Animals are the most innocent creatures on the planet. They don't deserve any suffering. Hoping for the best for ye and Moose.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great to hear Brasky.

Pets are what keep us sane in this insane world. Animals are the most innocent creatures on the planet. They don't deserve any suffering. Hoping for the best for ye and Moose.

Means the most coming from you broski.

Hate to bring it up, but I'm reminded of when you lost your cat and that's why I know you appreciate it as much as anyone else.

Not a cat person (I'm allergic as fuck but they like me lol), but a pet is a pet and when they become family, it hits hard.

I'll post a vid when he is walking if I can.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brasky that's great to hear buddy!!!

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You son of a bitcb you made me feel feelings again

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Brasky we will continue to pray for moose and a full recovery. Nothing better then having your best bud right next to you.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got some great news this morning. He has regained some motor function in his rear legs. Huge step. Still not relieving himself on his own, but today was huge.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the news keeps getting better. He stood up a couple times. He also "dribbled" out some urine on his own.

Giving him an 85% chance as of now. I don't know where the fuck they get these odds, but I'll take it.

I have guarded optimism at this point. The chief surgeon said she was "very pleased" with his progress.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the news keeps getting better. He stood up a couple times. He also "dribbled" out some urine on his own.

Giving him an 85% chance as of now. I don't know where the fuck they get these odds, but I'll take it.

I have guarded optimism at this point. The chief surgeon said she was "very pleased" with his progress.
Great to hear.

Side note...I thought I clicked on the Stanley Morgan thread so I was a bit confused by the second couple sentences.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's walking. Looks really drunk when he walks, but he still has to spend another month in his crate.

Bastard tries to start running around the yard. We got him swimming in the pool with a life jacket. He loves that shit.

This is pretty much one month later and a lot of dogs are given a death sentence with this kind of thing so it's pretty cool to see him getting back to his old self.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's walking. Looks really drunk when he walks, but he still has to spend another month in his crate.

Bastard tries to start running around the yard. We got him swimming in the pool with a life jacket. He loves that shit.

This is pretty much one month later and a lot of dogs are given a death sentence with this kind of thing so it's pretty cool to see him getting back to his old self.

I know what you are saying they feel good so they want to play. But yet they can't and they don't understand. I get just pure joy watching my dogs run and work in the fields for birds. I know it when they are the happiest and it gives me pure joy. I'm sure you have that same feeling just watching him swim and walk right now. I will continue to pray for Moose.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you are saying they feel good so they want to play. But yet they can't and they don't understand. I get just pure joy watching my dogs run and work in the fields for birds. I know it when they are the happiest and it gives me pure joy. I'm sure you have that same feeling just watching him swim and walk right now. I will continue to pray for Moose.

Yep you hit the nail on the head. Thanks, bud. Appreciate your kind words.

This whole debacle will not stop me from being a ridiculous troll who pisses people off. Shit if I had cancer, I'd keep being an annoying bastard. Less than 2 months and we are about to do one of two things: Rejoice and bathe in the glory of victory, or bicker among each other as to who's fault it is our team is shitting the bed.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm buzzed on good beer, but I have the boy swimming (safely with my sober lady) and he is back to himself. He was depressed just like a human would be. I think he forgot all about how shitty he felt and how helpless he was. Pretty awesome to see him just swimming around happy and making sure he dries off safely with no extra movement. He's a happy pup. I hate emotions. I tear up privately.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feelings. Why?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took him to the vet today, and long story short, he was shocked. I think he was being very reserved so as not to freak me out about how bad his condition was. He basically told me he thought the dog was a gonner. For sure needed to be put down. Like no chance at recovery.

Basically the fact that he has a chance at a normal life is nothing short of a miracle according to him. Pretty cool.