• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Dog Moose

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long story short my 4 year old dog is not doing well. He was diagnosed with a bulging disc 3 days ago. He was walking when we took him to the vet. Cut to, and now he has lost all movement and feeling in his rear legs.

He's not in pain because of the meds, and he's not allowed to move, but when he tries, he just drags his rear legs.

Going back to the vet today to see what can be done, but of course when you go to the internet, the first thing they say is that he is done for and has little to no chance of recovering even with surgery.

The dude is my best friend. Trying to stay positive.

If you're wondering, he's a poodle/terrier mix and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Best dog I've ever had.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:(
Sorry to hear it.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that, bud. Dogs are the best. Hopefully you get some good news. Think you could get him a set of wheels for the back end?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sorry, sucks when a pet breaks down.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that, bud. Dogs are the best. Hopefully you get some good news. Think you could get him a set of wheels for the back end?

We'll cross that bridge if we get to it, but right now I'm just hoping he makes a full recovery. One thing for sure is that there is no price tag on keeping him alive and happy.

That thought has crossed my mind, but I immediately dismiss it. If that is what happens, then I'll just be grateful for him to be alive. He's showing me what toughness is really about right now.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll cross that bridge if we get to it, but right now I'm just hoping he makes a full recovery. One thing for sure is that there is no price tag on keeping him alive and happy.

That thought has crossed my mind, but I immediately dismiss it. If that is what happens, then I'll just be grateful for him to be alive. He's showing me what toughness is really about right now.
Dogs are pretty incredible. They are way more resilient than most people I know.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that Pants, my bud is getting old and grumpy on the downhill slope, not looking forward to the bottom, we been in the shit together many times

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long story short my 4 year old dog is not doing well. He was diagnosed with a bulging disc 3 days ago. He was walking when we took him to the vet. Cut to, and now he has lost all movement and feeling in his rear legs.

He's not in pain because of the meds, and he's not allowed to move, but when he tries, he just drags his rear legs.

Going back to the vet today to see what can be done, but of course when you go to the internet, the first thing they say is that he is done for and has little to no chance of recovering even with surgery.

The dude is my best friend. Trying to stay positive.

If you're wondering, he's a poodle/terrier mix and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Best dog I've ever had.

sorry man. I had to put my best friend down 3 years ago, but at least he lived to 12

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice wheels here

secretlifeofpets_renaud_d.jpg

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best vibes going your way man he will pull through positive positive positive

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for you as you go through this with your dog. My black labs are everything to me. I about lost my Annie to peritonitis last year. But she came back from it. I will pray for moose.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My black lab Burgess is my world too. Honestly couldn't ask for anything better.

Moose is a great name btw

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Click on the thread because the title is always one you click on.

Read Brasky's post and I am immediately bummed.

I hope for the best for Moose and Brasky.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the best for him Brasky. I had to put down both of my dogs a couple of months ago. Both within a week of each other.
Won't go into detail. You don't need that right now. I will say the only brightness in the whole ordeal is the vet is the best. I was with both when he did it and then he buried both dogs on his farm and we can go up there anytime we want to visit them. He has a pet cemetery on his farm and doesn't charge a penny for it.
He came out to his office in the middle of the night for one of them too.
Anyway it really sucks. I hope the best for you. Dogs are the only things that don't shit on you at some point and it really sucks to lose one.

cavecookie

Pickin' and Grinnin'!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishing you and Moose the best, and hoping for good news. I'm a "dog guy", and for me, dogs have taught me more about life that almost everything else. I had a Collie mix girl who became blind and diabetic for the last 2 years of her life...carefully measuring food and twice daily insulin injections. Ol' Shadow seemed to know what was going on...She always ate all her food, and waited patiently for the little sting of the shot. She was the same happy, calm dog right up to the end. I think she taught me what REAL love is, and all this time I arrogantly thought I had it all figured out. I have a 3 year old Mini Aussie now, she is the smartest dog I have ever had.
Dogs are man's best friend, and I sometimes wonder if we deserve their love, loyalty, and honesty. I really am trying to be the person my dog thinks I am.
Keep your spirits up, and remember, your Moose's best bud, too...he's counting on you!

Love to you both.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks man. Lost a black lab several years ago to sudden kidney failure. It still hurts to talk about her.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Hoping for the best for Moose.
I couldn't imagine our black lab not meeting me in the driveway when I get home from work.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishing you and Moose the best, and hoping for good news. I'm a "dog guy", and for me, dogs have taught me more about life that almost everything else. I had a Collie mix girl who became blind and diabetic for the last 2 years of her life...carefully measuring food and twice daily insulin injections. Ol' Shadow seemed to know what was going on...She always ate all her food, and waited patiently for the little sting of the shot. She was the same happy, calm dog right up to the end. I think she taught me what REAL love is, and all this time I arrogantly thought I had it all figured out. I have a 3 year old Mini Aussie now, she is the smartest dog I have ever had.
Dogs are man's best friend, and I sometimes wonder if we deserve their love, loyalty, and honesty. I really am trying to be the person my dog thinks I am.
Keep your spirits up, and remember, your Moose's best bud, too...he's counting on you!

Love to you both.

This hit home. I have been thinking about all the times I could have thrown the ball or frisbee with him when I chose to do something else. If he gets his "swag" back, it's adventures everywhere. I can't wait to share my life with him. I know that shit sounds cheese as fuck, but he's my little bro. He would be there for me if I had this shit going on, so what kind of man am I if I'm not there for him? Not on my watch. Nope.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice wheels here

secretlifeofpets_renaud_d.jpg

That movie made me want to gto give a big fat hug to my boy. I really am gettin cheesy, but I like my dog more *than 99.9% of human beings. Fact.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That movie made me want to gto give a big fat hug to my boy. I really am gettin cheesy, but I like my dog more *than 99.9% of human beings. Fact.

I'm so damn cheesy that I believe in the rainbow bridge