• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My current Tournament projections

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American East Champ: Maine- Vermont lost their coach plus Stony Brooke and Boston lost some people, should open the doors for Maine's first bid.

A-10 Champ: Xavier- Xavier should be the easy favorite to win the conference but upsets do usually happen in the A-10 tournament.
At Large's: Temple- no one else points out right now.
Bubble: Georgia Washington, Duquesne, and Rhode Island, all are teams that could potentially be good this year Duquesne put up a good fight against Arizona.

ACC Champ- North Carolina- them and Duke are the only ones that are really in contention to win the conference.

At Large's Duke, FSU- Duke and FSU look like the only sure ones NC State has a shot at a bid.

Bubble: Virginia Tech, NC State, Virginia, BC, Terps- all these teams have potential to make it into the At Large section, Virginia Tech is here because they are always on the bubble, right now I'm sure I'll at least get that right.

Atlantic Sun: Belmont- they own this conference.

Big 12: Baylor- they have the most talent, just have to put it together.

At Large's Kansas, Texas, A&M- right now these teams will easily be in, but Kansas might have an epic collapse situation like we saw UCLA and UNC have a few years back.

Bubble: Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech- these three could be tournament teams, don't sleep on Iowa State.

Big East: Syracuse- I probably won't get this right

At Large's- Cincinnati, Uconn, Marquette, Louisville, Pitt, Georgetown.

Bubble- St. John's, Providence, Villanova , Rutgers, Notre Dame, few of these were good last year, likely will struggle this year, St. John's, Providence and Rutgers have some young talent, one of those teams could spring into the tournament if their young players play good quickly.

Big Sky- Montana

Big South- Unc Asheville- wanted to pick Coastal Carolina but they always choke.

B-10- Ohio State
At Large's: Mich State, Wisconsin.
Bubble: Minnesota, Northwestern, Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Purdue- a good few of these teams will make it in, I have them here because I either want to see something first or I'm not bought on them yet.

Big West- Boise State, oh wait not there yet ummmm Long Beach State, theyre supposed to be really good.

Colonial- Old Dominion
At Large- George Mason, VCU
Bubble: Drexel, James Madison- this should be a good league again.

CUSA- Memphis
At Large- Marshall- lot of hype around them
Bubble: UAB, UTEP, Houston

Horizon- Butler- but they will be challenged
At Large: Detriot

Ivy- Harvard

MAAC- Manhatten JASPERS WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!!

and that concludes the first half I may have to check how many I'm putting in the At Large section.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now for the rest, I have a total of 58 at large's set up, so there's 10 bubble teams that get in.

Mac: Akron- Zips already pulled off a big win over Mrs State technically they have the best profile right now, that will change but this team is a good competitor for the Mac, Kent State and Miami of Ohio will give them trouble though.

Meac: Morgan State- they usually win this league.

MVC: Creighton
At Large: Missouri State
Bubble: Indiana State, this is a very good league, should get at least two teams in if not more.

MWC: New Mexico
At Large: UNLV, San Diego State.
Bubble: Boise State, Wyoming, Colorado State- should be another strong year for the league maybe not as top heavy as last year though, San Diego State lost a lot but should still be a tournament level team, any of the 3 teams listed in the bubble spot are capable of pulling a surprise this year.

Northeast: Robert Morris

Ohio Valley: Morehead State- between them and Murray State, will be interesting to see how Morehead State recovers from the loss of Faried, but this team still has other talent, was certainly enough to upset Louisville.

Pac-12: UCLA
At Large: Arizona, Washington
Bubble: Washington State, Cal and Stanford- this league will still be a bit down, I'm not bought on Cal yet.

Patriot: Lehigh- they gave St. John's issues, that means they should be good enough to win this league.

SEC: Kentucky
At Large: Vandypants, Alabama, Florida
bubble: Arkansas, Mrs State, Tennessee, Georgia- some of these bubble teams lost quite a few players, we'll see how they do, Arkansas is the wild card, they could be really good or just suck.

Southern: Charleston-apparently they're supposed to be really good, should dominate this conference.

Southland: Texas San-Antonio, this conference is such a toss up.

SWAC: Mississippi Valley State- Mississippi Valley State is the favorite to win this league, and their name is the Delta Devils interesting.

Summit: IPFW Mastodons
At Large: North Dakota State
Bubble: Oral Roberts- Mastodons will be one of the best teams, North Dakota State will be good too, Oral Roberts will fall short of a bid.

Sun Belt: North Texas- this team has been among the top of the league the past few years added in some talented players too.

WCC: Gonzaga
At Large: BYU
Bubble: Portland, St. Mary's- Gonzaga winning this league might be another pick that I actually get right, I might be too conservative in putting St. Mary's on the bubble they're usually consistantly around the tournament.

Wac: Nevada- with Utah State and New Mexico State losing players Nevada should return to the top of this league, before exiting it of course.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the school up north is gonna be a 20 something win team and make the tourney safely.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Morehead. Faried was a huge loss, but they also lost Demonte Harper who was the player that hit the game winning 3. He was their top scorer. They still have some talent but losing your 2 best players is tough.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Morehead. Faried was a huge loss, but they also lost Demonte Harper who was the player that hit the game winning 3. He was their top scorer. They still have some talent but losing your 2 best players is tough.

yeah it's starting to look like Morehead State might be down this year.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost their top 2 players. They still have some good players, but we will have to see who steps up.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost their top 2 players. They still have some good players, but we will have to see who steps up.

yeah, sir

it may just be a down year for the Ohio Valley conference as a whole, I don't think Murray State returns a lot either.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont sleep on my Hawks. Their OOC schedule sets up nicely for a 11-2ish type of start ( games vs Crieghton, Clemson, Iowa State, UNI highlight a pretty easy OOC. No games outside of Iowa). The B10 schedule is really front heavy with games vs OSU, MSU, Michigan, Wisconsin and Purdue in the first 7 games but after that its not too bad. Iowa only plays Michigan, Illinois, MSu and OSU 1 time each. If they can make it thru the first 7 conference games at 4-3 or 3-4 they should be set up nicely for a 10-8 type finish in the league. Iowa returns 93% of their scoring, 87% of their rebounding and they feature a quality backcourt led by 2 seniors in Matt Gatens and Bryce Cartwright and as anyone who follows CBB will tell you, if you have senior guards you are dangerous. 2-0 start so far and the offense is looking great ( 95.5 ppg)

csu35430

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... this dude doesn't know basketball....... he's got Providence, St.JOhns, and WVU as bubble teams.... they have no shot at the tournament, yet he doesn't list Georgetown...

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont sleep on my Hawks. Their OOC schedule sets up nicely for a 11-2ish type of start ( games vs Crieghton, Clemson, Iowa State, UNI highlight a pretty easy OOC. No games outside of Iowa). The B10 schedule is really front heavy with games vs OSU, MSU, Michigan, Wisconsin and Purdue in the first 7 games but after that its not too bad. Iowa only plays Michigan, Illinois, MSu and OSU 1 time each. If they can make it thru the first 7 conference games at 4-3 or 3-4 they should be set up nicely for a 10-8 type finish in the league. Iowa returns 93% of their scoring, 87% of their rebounding and they feature a quality backcourt led by 2 seniors in Matt Gatens and Bryce Cartwright and as anyone who follows CBB will tell you, if you have senior guards you are dangerous. 2-0 start so far and the offense is looking great ( 95.5 ppg)

you forgot the Mastodons, sir

LOL... this dude doesn't know basketball....... he's got Providence, St.JOhns, and WVU as bubble teams.... they have no shot at the tournament, yet he doesn't list Georgetown...

:burt: I forgot Georgetown, I knew I would forget someone

now that West Virginia lost I'm going to sneakily replace them with Georgetown

csu35430

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's not the fact that WVU lost, it's the fact that they suck...... During the game they said Kevin Jones is preseason BE POY ..... you got to be kidding me

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American East Champ: Maine- Vermont lost their coach plus Stony Brooke and Boston lost some people, should open the doors for Maine's first bid.

A-10 Champ: Xavier- Xavier should be the easy favorite to win the conference but upsets do usually happen in the A-10 tournament.
At Large's: Temple- no one else points out right now.
Bubble: Georgia Washington, Duquesne, and Rhode Island, all are teams that could potentially be good this year Duquesne put up a good fight against Arizona.

ACC Champ- North Carolina- them and Duke are the only ones that are really in contention to win the conference.

At Large's Duke, FSU- Duke and FSU look like the only sure ones NC State has a shot at a bid.

Bubble: Virginia Tech, NC State, Virginia, BC, Terps- all these teams have potential to make it into the At Large section, Virginia Tech is here because they are always on the bubble, right now I'm sure I'll at least get that right.

Atlantic Sun: Belmont- they own this conference.

Big 12: Baylor- they have the most talent, just have to put it together.

At Large's Kansas, Texas, A&M- right now these teams will easily be in, but Kansas might have an epic collapse situation like we saw UCLA and UNC have a few years back.

Bubble: Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech- these three could be tournament teams, don't sleep on Iowa State.

Big East: Syracuse- I probably won't get this right

At Large's- Cincinnati, Uconn, Marquette, Louisville, Pitt, Georgetown.

Bubble- St. John's, Providence, Villanova , Rutgers, Notre Dame, few of these were good last year, likely will struggle this year, St. John's, Providence and Rutgers have some young talent, one of those teams could spring into the tournament if their young players play good quickly.

Big Sky- Montana

Big South- Unc Asheville- wanted to pick Coastal Carolina but they always choke.

B-10- Ohio State
At Large's: Mich State, Wisconsin.
Bubble: Minnesota, Northwestern, Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Purdue- a good few of these teams will make it in, I have them here because I either want to see something first or I'm not bought on them yet.

Big West- Boise State, oh wait not there yet ummmm Long Beach State, theyre supposed to be really good.

Colonial- Old Dominion
At Large- George Mason, VCU
Bubble: Drexel, James Madison- this should be a good league again.

CUSA- Memphis
At Large- Marshall- lot of hype around them
Bubble: UAB, UTEP, Houston

Horizon- Butler- but they will be challenged
At Large: Detriot

Ivy- Harvard

MAAC- Manhatten JASPERS WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!!

and that concludes the first half I may have to check how many I'm putting in the At Large section.

and now for the rest, I have a total of 58 at large's set up, so there's 10 bubble teams that get in.

Mac: Akron- Zips already pulled off a big win over Mrs State technically they have the best profile right now, that will change but this team is a good competitor for the Mac, Kent State and Miami of Ohio will give them trouble though.

Meac: Morgan State- they usually win this league.

MVC: Creighton
At Large: Missouri State
Bubble: Indiana State, this is a very good league, should get at least two teams in if not more.

MWC: New Mexico
At Large: UNLV, San Diego State.
Bubble: Boise State, Wyoming, Colorado State- should be another strong year for the league maybe not as top heavy as last year though, San Diego State lost a lot but should still be a tournament level team, any of the 3 teams listed in the bubble spot are capable of pulling a surprise this year.

Northeast: Robert Morris

Ohio Valley: Morehead State- between them and Murray State, will be interesting to see how Morehead State recovers from the loss of Faried, but this team still has other talent, was certainly enough to upset Louisville.

Pac-12: UCLA
At Large: Arizona, Washington
Bubble: Washington State, Cal and Stanford- this league will still be a bit down, I'm not bought on Cal yet.

Patriot: Lehigh- they gave St. John's issues, that means they should be good enough to win this league.

SEC: Kentucky
At Large: Vandypants, Alabama, Florida
bubble: Arkansas, Mrs State, Tennessee, Georgia- some of these bubble teams lost quite a few players, we'll see how they do, Arkansas is the wild card, they could be really good or just suck.

Southern: Charleston-apparently they're supposed to be really good, should dominate this conference.

Southland: Texas San-Antonio, this conference is such a toss up.

SWAC: Mississippi Valley State- Mississippi Valley State is the favorite to win this league, and their name is the Delta Devils interesting.

Summit: IPFW Mastodons
At Large: North Dakota State
Bubble: Oral Roberts- Mastodons will be one of the best teams, North Dakota State will be good too, Oral Roberts will fall short of a bid.

Sun Belt: North Texas- this team has been among the top of the league the past few years added in some talented players too.

WCC: Gonzaga
At Large: BYU
Bubble: Portland, St. Mary's- Gonzaga winning this league might be another pick that I actually get right, I might be too conservative in putting St. Mary's on the bubble they're usually consistantly around the tournament.

Wac: Nevada- with Utah State and New Mexico State losing players Nevada should return to the top of this league, before exiting it of course.

lets see how I did

American East: pretty far off
A-10: Temple being good was about all I got, I didn't even have St. Louis listed.
ACC: looking pretty good, the only 3 teams I named as at large's were the best 3 in the conference, Virginia out of the bubble area is the only other sure tournament team.
Atlantic Sun: nailed it
Big 12: :L at not even including Missouri, Baylor wasn't as good as predicted but still good, A&M failed, Texas is on the bubble. Only saving grace is that I said to watch out for Iowa State.
Big East: Syracuse won the regular season, so far so good. Pitt and Uconn disappointed, while USF and Notre Dame are the only ones I underrated.
Big Sky: so far so good, Montana vs Weber State for it all most likely
Big South: called it
Big 10: pretty conservative with some of the teams, but overall I was solid.
Big West: looking good
Colonial: didn't turn out to be a good league, missed on a lot of the teams, except VCU
CUSA: Memphis might win it, completely missed Southern Mrs.
Horizon: yeah Butler finally didn't win it, Detriot might still win the conference.
Ivy: looking good
Maac: Manhatten was good, but some team I never heard of won it.
Mac: looking good
Meac: not even close
MVC: good on the champion, but how did I forget Wichita State?
MWC: pretty good with the top 3, two of the 3 I named as bubble teams were on the bubble for a while, one of them still is.
Northeast: Robert Morris plays for the conference championship tomarrow.
Ohio Valley: underrated Murray State greatly.
Pac-12: LOL@ UCLA and picking this league to have more than one bid
Patriot: missed on this
SEC: pretty much nailed it, Kentucky will likely win the league, all 3 At Large's are locks for the tournament, two of the teams I named in the bubble section are on the bubble.
Southern: missed badly
Southland: missed
SWAC: Mississippi Valley State was unbeaten in regular season league play, guess I did pretty good.
Summit: yeah... didn't do so well
Sun belt: North Texas leading at halftime of the conference championship
WCC: underrated St. Mary's but that's about all I got wrong really.
WAC: Nevada should win this league, so looking good.

yeah, sir

it may just be a down year for the Ohio Valley conference as a whole, I don't think Murray State returns a lot either.

fail