• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My BPA list for the upcoming draft

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally... I don't know how you compare a guy who played 3 or 4 out of 6 good games and blew his knee out. With a QB who demonstrated consistency and steady improvement throughout his entire rookie campaign.

Pro Football Focus: Mitchell Trubisky was top rookie QB in 2017

Fans are getting sucked into the "highlight reel" hype with Watson. Which we've fallen victim to with so many running QB's in the past. He has RGIII written all over him. A lot of flash, a lot of stuffing the stat sheet early in his career.... but a lot of turnovers. Mechanical issues and red flags. Along with an injury which could easily lead to more issues down the line.

The prognosis for Watson is very much up in the air.

hmmmmmmmmm

Apparently this does not go for Saquon Barkley...........?

or maybe because it only works when Rich wants it to work...........?:rolleyes2:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of those games he rushed for 99/97 yds.......
One of those games he ran 10x.........Same game he had 142 yds receiving.........

And you know who else spent a lot of yds behind los..............Barry sanders.........So whats that tell ya.......?

Yes - Every RB who spends too much time behind the LOS should be compared to Barry Sanders. A complete outlier and exception in regards to the norm of NFL history. Not the hundreds of other RB's who have failed with the formula of dancing behind the LOS.

This is logical.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmmmmmm

Apparently this does not go for Saquon Barkley...........?

or maybe because it only works when Rich wants it to work...........?:rolleyes2:

I am not even sure of what assertion you are attempting to make here. You must elaborate.

Fans getting sucked into the "highlight reel" hype with Barkley (zig-zagging behind the LOS to create ridiculous long runs on what appeared to be lost plays). Would go towards my point with him.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not follow college football... My opinions here are useless.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add me to the list of people who think Saquon is overrated. He has great measurables and is a solid receiver to be sure, but his vision is less than spectacular. His total rushing numbers were never very good and they were inflated by one or two big runs per game. If you take out his longest run of each game, he had 1(!) 100-yard rushing game last year and 2(!) games where he averaged five yards per carry. To put those numbers in perspective, Jonathan Taylor's numbers were 8 and 7 in those two categories.

I don't think a big play/situational back who cannot be a consistent every-down dominator is worth wasting a top ten pick on. He'll probably have a similar career to Reggie Bush, which is nothing to be ashamed of, but also not worth a top ten pick.

I'd be thrilled with Chubb. If the Roquan Smith health rumors aren't true, he would be a great pick at eight. I naturally gravitate towards great college players over projects, and both of those guys jumped out on the football field. They were probably the two best defenders I saw.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, my guess is this is what will happen

1. Darnold (Browns
2. Chubb (Giants)
3. Rosen (Jets)
4. Allen (Bills)
5. Mayfield (Broncos
6. Harold Landry (Colts)
7. Saquon Barkley (Bucs)

Landry and Chubb both being gone sucks but there's still a lot of great talent to pick from at 8. Might fight over positional value, but there's no excuse to not get a very good player out of the 8th pick, imo.

Not one mention of Derwin James. He was pretty much top 5 on everyone's board coming into the season and quite honestly may have fallen victim to the FSU head coach having one foot out the door and a D coordinator who everyone knew sucked, except for the aforementioned head coach...

Anyway, a 6'2"/6'3" Safety, with slot corner capabilities who is a natural at covering TEs wouldn't be something to turn your nose up at...

(Would also make up for missing out on Adams in last year's draft.. ;) ).

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one mention of Derwin James. He was pretty much top 5 on everyone's board coming into the season and quite honestly may have fallen victim to the FSU head coach having one foot out the door and a D coordinator who everyone knew sucked, except for the aforementioned head coach...

Anyway, a 6'2"/6'3" Safety, with slot corner capabilities who is a natural at covering TEs wouldn't be something to turn your nose up at...

(Would also make up for missing out on Adams in last year's draft.. ;) ).
Would be totally ok with James, fwiw. Won't be any need to apologize for taking good players in the secondary. A bit rich for a safety, but James is worthy of the selection, imo. Great safeties last longer than CB's do.. I don't think he will go in the top 7 unless a team like the Browns views him as a CB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take a safety at 8, I will be pissed. Jackson and Amos are fine back there. We have much bigger needs.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take a safety at 8, I will be pissed. Jackson and Amos are fine back there. We have much bigger needs.

Sorry, after someone mentioning taking Barkley, I think the "But we have much bigger needs" thing kinda flew out the window...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derwin James is a very good player. Do the Bears NEED James more than some other players? Good argument for it being no.

Same is doubly if not triply true with Barkley.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a team that has vast experience of having their Defense decimated with injuries, we seem to be functioning with short memories... I am not saying we MUST take James, but I am suggesting that it wouldn't be the worst move we could make either...

Jackson stayed healthy, but is an injury risk. Amos, is "fine" as was said, but not SO "fine" as to preclude upgrading the position... And again, considering James can fill a slot corner role, in a league that almost demands that defenses play more nickel and dime packages? I don't see a problem with the selection...

Its just my opinion. Just saying it isn't a possibility that we should so easily dismiss.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking Barkley would be dumb af, too.
Not gonna lie, I would LOVE for Barkley to drop down to us, but not for taking him, it would be for trading back and snagging a couple extra picks. I guarantee there is some GM drafting after us that would jump at the chance of landing him. But I think we're discussing a moot point here because I still believe he'll be gone before it's our turn. I continue holding out hope for Nelson to drop down to us or if he's snagged ahead of us, then I'd be quite the happy camper with Edmunds or Smith.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - Every RB who spends too much time behind the LOS should be compared to Barry Sanders. A complete outlier and exception in regards to the norm of NFL history. Not the hundreds of other RB's who have failed with the formula of dancing behind the LOS.

This is logical.

He must be doing something right to imprees the scouts...............most have him as thee best player in the draft.and I`m pretty sure he`s going no lower than 4th......if not 1 or2.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even sure of what assertion you are attempting to make here. You must elaborate.

Fans getting sucked into the "highlight reel" hype with Barkley (zig-zagging behind the LOS to create ridiculous long runs on what appeared to be lost plays). Would go towards my point with him.

Nevermind..........Go back to sleep.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be doing something right to imprees the scouts...............most have him as thee best player in the draft.and I`m pretty sure he`s going no lower than 4th......if not 1 or2.

And the scouts who think he's overvalued? What about them?

Has a highly touted RB never busted before? I am quite certain that there is a laundry list of 1st round RB's predicted to be stars that have underwhelmed or completely tanked.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind..........Go back to sleep.

I am not sure what you're aim is here...

"Here's a link to a scout saying he's amazing. So he must be amazing."

Sorry... I wish it was that simple, but it isn't.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the scouts who think he's overvalued? What about them?

Has a highly touted RB never busted before? I am quite certain that there is a laundry list of 1st round RB's predicted to be stars that have underwhelmed or completely tanked.

What about them......?......No different than highly touted qbs that went on to be a bust.......We all know about the horrible ones we picked.....Every year there are players who bomb......Nothings a garauntee....You win some you lose some.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what you're aim is here...

"Here's a link to a scout saying he's amazing. So he must be amazing."

Sorry... I wish it was that simple, but it isn't.

Lmao.......And I tend to believe them more than anything your input.....Yeah,two profiles I read said he had great vision.....And reliable sources I might add......And you show me one dumb play and his vision sucks.....yeah ok.
Id probably have more respect for your insight if you were a PS fan and watched him play.....You keep watching those cherry picked highlites and I'll keep reading a more reliable source.

Btw.....He will be picked no late than the 4th pick.....